Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 08:03 PM

147 posts, read 158,341 times

Advertisements

Me and my wife have been married seven years we both have depression and anxiety.

Two and a half years I moved out for space but we still saw each other on weekends I moved back in after four months in for six months moved out again only couple miles away for six months we still saw each other then moved back in and moved out a third time after being moved in for two months but it was more planned . I was gonna move out of state see if I can find what was missing and she would come see me on vacation and maybe move down if thinks got better.

This was a dumb plan and only lasted two weeks and we are thinking to stop all this moving and move back together and enjoy life. We are best friends don't have a lit if family and consider each other family.

I skipped a lot because I am not talking about relationships my issue is I am embarrassed to ask landlord if I can move in we are good tenants but I am mortified that we lived there four years and this will be my third time moving in the first to times he was fine but. I am not sure about a third time and I am not in the lease because we thought she would be moving with me. So I would have to be added to lease. Is this my anxiety making me embarrassed to even ask to move back in or is it rational to think that I should not consider moving back in a third time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 08:06 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,668,355 times
First things first. Do you have children together?

If so, then keep your behind there. Get over it and ask the landlord and stop moving out.

If you don't have children together, then it sounds like you need to probably move out of state and get away.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:08 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,361,172 times
You clearly need to get it together with the constant moving in and out ....but being embarrassed to ask the landlord a third time should be the least of your worries. I'm sure they've seen their fair share of couple(s) drama. As long as the rent is paid on time, no damages to the property is reported..carry on.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:11 PM

No children the thing is we do not fight or any thing we get a long we just make stupid decisions and think to much for instance my wife told me there was someone better out there for me and she was not good enough. So this is a low confidence issue but I am trying to raise her confidence. Well I am out if state right now and planning to stop at grandparents house for two weeks to try and make a decision.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo2018 View Post
No children the thing is we do not fight or any thing we get a long we just make stupid decisions and think to much for instance my wife told me there was someone better out there for me and she was not good enough. So this is a low confidence issue but I am trying to raise her confidence. Well I am out if state right now and planning to stop at grandparents house for two weeks to try and make a decision.

You need to raise your own confidence level and forget about hers.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:18 PM

My wife is a very good person and we are lower middle aged and she wants kids so I am very stressed . I am open to kids if we stabilazed our relationship for at least one year and the Outlook is good.

Or since I am out if state should I just stay out of state meet another women and see what happens?

I have never been with another women while I have been with my wife but I almost feel she wants me to go out there and see if the grass is greener on the other side so if I do decide to cone back to her she will know there us no one else out there for me.

I am aware this is disfunctional .

Me and my wife are a little isolated so we make these decisions together without others input . She does not talk to her friends about it. I am embarrassed to tell friends about it.

So I think our anxieties and thinking too much put us into these situations when I think we could be good for each other if we could each find our own happiness . I don't think we have cidepedency niether one of us uses drugs or drinks or has any bad moral habit

Old 07-10-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
You need to raise your own confidence level and forget about hers.
Should I live for another six months away while working on SelF or do it while living with spouse?

Old 07-10-2018, 08:20 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,361,172 times
Haha... Out!

Old 07-10-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo2018 View Post
Should I live for another six months away while working on SelF or do it while living with spouse?

What would Rambo do?

Old 07-10-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
What would Rambo do?
I think Rambo would not give up on relationship lol.

I am really in a messed up situation I am in my upper thirties in Tampa in a hotel. Could not sign the lease had a panic attack and now headed to grandparents for two weeks in North Carolina . I guess Rambo would go in the hills for a couple weeks and try to clear his head and then I. Was thinking to tell wife this is too much we need to either divorce or get stay together.

I feel if I was divorced and not in limbo I would not have a problem relocating but when I was in Tampa I was trying to think if it would be good for us not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships