Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 12:16 AM
RJ_ RJ_ started this thread

743 posts, read 392,741 times

Advertisements

I've been talking to a girl from Florida for several days now. We talked on the phone 3 times. We really like each other and she's probably going to come here for a visit in a couple weeks.

Tonight, however, a girl messaged me about my profile. I have 5 siblings and she has 5 siblings and so she broke the ice by mentioning that. Well, for the next 4 hours we talked about everything, and I mean everything. Family history, past relationships, aspirations, goals, personal beliefs, you name it. It was so effortless and fluid and we got all the nuances that only people with big families get. We're going to talk more tomorrow when she gets back from her softball game.

But I feel pretty crappy about getting to know this other woman when I've got this girl from Florida that I'm getting to know as well. I feel like I'm not being faithful or something, like I'm a two timer. That's how it feels anyway.

Does anyone have a little insight into this? It would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 12:19 AM

11,024 posts, read 5,991,147 times
I know how you feel. I could only date one woman at a time.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I know how you feel. I could only date one woman at a time.
Yeah. But is it different for OLD? Because I haven't actually dated either one of them yet. But, there's been a little bit of emotional bonding.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:26 AM

617 posts, read 1,202,874 times
You should talk to multiple at a time. It helps prevent over-investment and provides backup options should one ghost you.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushan View Post
You should talk to multiple at a time. It helps prevent over-investment and provides backup options should one ghost you.
Ok, I understand that. And, I've had peripheral chats going with a few women at a time. But they never developed into anything meaningful and just sort of ended. These two women are different. There's a real connection there. And, that doesn't happen very often for me. I'm probably just thinking ahead too much and trying to avoid possible negative outcomes.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:39 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,500 times
OLD means you’re conversing online and getting to know a bit about the other person. Later if that goes well then you decide to meet in person and perhaps if that goes well go out on a date or two and see what develops after that. Right now you’re not dating either one of these women and are free to talk with anyone you wish.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
OLD means you’re conversing online and getting to know a bit about the other person. Later if that goes well then you decide to meet in person and perhaps if that goes well go out on a date or two and see what develops after that. Right now you’re not dating either one of these women and are free to talk with anyone you wish.
But I don't live near either of these two women. One is 2000 miles away in Florida and the other is 500 miles away in Washington. And, with the Florida woman, we're talking on the phone, so it's not even OLD anymore with her. It's like the real deal. Or maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself. I don't know. I don't know jack about dating or OLD. I'm way out of the loop.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:59 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
But I don't live near either of these two women. One is 2000 miles away in Florida and the other is 500 miles away in Washington. And, with the Florida woman, we're talking on the phone, so it's not even OLD anymore with her. It's like the real deal. Or maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself. I don't know. I don't know jack about dating or OLD. I'm way out of the loop.
Oh I see. That’s quite a distance for both of these women. When I was doing the OLD thing I didn’t converse with anyone more than 50 miles away from my house as I didn’t want a LDR. That’s a whole different dynamic right there.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Oh I see. That’s quite a distance for both of these women. When I was doing the OLD thing I didn’t converse with anyone more than 50 miles away from my house as I didn’t want a LDR. That’s a whole different dynamic right there.
Well, I haven't found any viable prospects within a 50 mile range, so I've had to expand my search nationwide. And I'm glad I did.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:21 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
It is perfectly fine to talk to multiple people. And schedule dates with multiple women. It's only a problem if you have decided to be exclusive with someone.

And be up front if someone asks. I absolutely assume someone I meet it is talking to multiple people until told otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships