Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2018, 04:23 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I got tuned up pretty good in high school over a rumor that I slept with this guys gf and possibly gotten her pregnant. I remember, going to a party (unbeknownst to me it was this guys party at his home). Mind you, this girl I went to high school with had a bf that was in his mid twenties (she being the same age as me). Big dude, 6'2 220lbs and I was only 16, 136lb. Idiot sucker punched me right when I got there and all hell broke lose. Broken drywall, broken furniture, etc. I remember wearing the worst black eye for weeks, Lol. One would think it was an assault on a minor, but where I'm from, nobody called the cops.
That used to be feasible, but these days people make videos and post them on the internet. Certain states don't require a victim to press charges - the state will press them for the common good of the people of that state. It's no secret that law enforcement is on the internet too.

Let's go back to the girl in the video with the drunk patron. You could say she was standing up for herself, but you cant call what she did self defense. It was aggressive, not defensive.

I guess once some women have to waste enough money on bail and some men get tired of gaining a jail bird rep certain relationships will end, unless their SO's have had the sense knocked out of them and continue until they meet that guy who will take them out completely, or law enforcement decides to levy a 3 strikes rule on their adze. Who could blame a man for leaving such a silly woman in the dust?

Chivalry is romantic, but guys, don't let your woman, who was not hurt at all, write a check that your body cant cash. And certain jobs (which tend to be good ones, btw) do not tolerate arrest records. Be smart for yourselves if your woman wont be.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:01 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
If I was there and witnessed it, then I would fight the guy. If you do nothing then you appear like a coward. There’s also the fact that the guy felt comfortable enough to do it in front of me which would anger me even more.

First off, my wife is not MY woman, she’s a woman, that I’m fortunate to call my wife.
Secondly, what Randomguy said, we all know that we’re supposed to be upstanding and law abiding, and that smacking a guy in the mouth, for any reason, is seen as sinking down to a low level, but in reality, what choice would you have?
Should I smartly pull out my iPhone, take his picture, and say, “Now you’re in trouble, just as soon as I show this to the cops.” ?
If someone blatantly ‘copped a feel’ from my wife, in front of me, what kind of a man would I be if I didn’t do my damnest to put him down, bleeding, a law abiding reasonable man, frightened of getting punched?
That would be like watching someone fire a gun at your neighbour, and reporting it the police by mailing them a letter.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:06 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
'Copping a feel' is otherwise known as assault.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:36 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yep... these dumbasses here that think you can simply just confront people without recourse is what I'm talking about... your story is what I'm talking about.

Yeah.. sometimes you can be real with people, but most of the time you're in for an ass kickin or at least the potential for that...

LOl....

You're a better man for it.. apparently....
Loser cold-clocked me right when I was getting my red cup tapped at the keg LOl. He was like "Charlie Murphy?"
Spoiler
Just cold-blooded!,LOl

Ho'Bruh, if youre gonna assault me, at least give me a chance to guzzle a drink, tighten my belt and my chucks. Lol

Old 07-22-2018, 08:38 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Loser cold-clocked me right when I was getting my red cup tapped at the keg LOl. He was like "Charlie Murphy?"
Just cold-blooded!,LOl

Ho'Bruh, if youre gonna assault me, at least give me a chance to guzzle a drink, tighten my belt and my chucks. Lol
OH MY FREAKIN GOD!!!!

I am HOLLERIN!!!!!

LMAOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2018, 09:54 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,484,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
If I was there and witnessed it, then I would fight the guy. If you do nothing then you appear like a coward. There’s also the fact that the guy felt comfortable enough to do it in front of me which would anger me even more.
But... it's not about you.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
But... it's not about you.
Just so! Doing something because you might appear to be a coward is your testosterone thinking. In this type of situation you want to be level headed and your handling should be proportionate to the transgression.

I also think you should consider what your woman feels, she may not like you making a scene if she thinks the transgression was minor. I suspect some women wouldn't want a bar fight to break out because of something that annoyed her but not to that degree. Smart, mature women do not like drama.

And as I already said, if you throw the first punch you just might be the one going down to the station in cuffs.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:26 AM

125 posts, read 64,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Let's go back to the girl in the video with the drunk patron. You could say she was standing up for herself, but you cant call what she did self defense. It was aggressive, not defensive.
Yeah maybe but the idiot who grabbed her ass will think twice before he tries to run his finger up some other girl's butt crack.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:50 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,065 times
I understand that a person is lawfully allowed to defend another person against assault.

Inappropriately touching a woman is assault and defending her would fall under self-defense. That is what I would argue in court anyway.

It's never happened to me, but if it had, I am certain that my late-husband would not have let it go. Not a chance.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:53 AM

Yes, you can defend another person from assault, but you can't get even after the assault has stopped.

Another thing, you can never know what you'll do until you are in the situation. Every situation is different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships