Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 08:54 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Why do you think there isn't any benefit for the man?
One would think it's obvious he is getting some benefit, otherwise he wouldn't be here trying to figure out if he can make a relationship work with her.

If he's already no longer a member, he's probably more like the 'get off my lawn' type - and we will never know if this single mom is a real person or just a concept in OP's mind.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:55 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Why do you think there isn't any benefit for the man?
I didn’t say that. Reread what you bolded out of my statement and you will realize I wasnt implying that.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:59 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Single dads are looked at as heroes. "he does laundry? For his own children? Amazing! What a catch!"
You know who makes a big deal of this? Other women.

You know who doesnt? Other men.

You know who could care less what others think? The father doing his part.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:01 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
One would think it's obvious he is getting some benefit, otherwise he wouldn't be here trying to figure out if he can make a relationship work with her.

If he's already no longer a member, he's probably more like the 'get off my lawn' type - and we will never know if this single mom is a real person or just a concept in OP's mind.
Or he's just a repeat (duplicate) offender looking hard for some new angle to beat the same dead horse. We've had some degree of creativity lately regarding the Three Negs, old/fat/single parent, but if you cover dog stuff in rainbow sprinkles it's still dog stuff, and fairly often, it's coming from the same dog or set of dogs repeatedly.

The same unsuccessful, resentful, incel dogs. Who wish they could hurt legions of women who reject them.

Just a guess.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:03 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I want to hear it from the guys who say stay away from single mothers.

Does the same apply for single fathers?

Yes or no?

It's real simple.
Well I have a history of defending single moms on this forum, so I suppose what I think doesn't matter, given how you asked the question.

OP should be allowed to ask about circumstances without being vilified solely for asking and without others coming out the blue with 'hero' comments as a rebuttal.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:06 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
If it was so fulfilling then why did it end? Or did you marry her?
I wanted children of my own. She did not want anymore after experiencing what she had to do to survive.

We spoke of marriage many times. But we knew it just wasn't in the cards. No regrets.... Our lives remained intertwined even after my marriage and children. More than two decades now.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:08 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I didn’t say that. Reread what you bolded out of my statement and you will realize I wasnt implying that.
Why didn't you respond, since you had a relationship with a single mom? What benefits allured you to embark in a relatioship with this single mom?

For a lot of of people on here, its obvious what's the benefits are (pro's and cons) when it comes to dating single parents.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Well I have a history of defending single moms on this forum, so I suppose what I think doesn't matter, given how you asked the question.

OP should be allowed to ask about circumstances without being vilified solely for asking and without others coming out the blue with 'hero' comments as a rebuttal.
He should continue to look at the situation in a one sided way, not grow, and come back to his original, panicked prejudices and double standards as if he'd never sought others' input at all?

Then why did he seek others' input at all?

Wasn't this kind of a waste of time?

Old 08-12-2018, 09:11 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,056,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelright View Post
I've been seeing a young woman who seems very nice but recently I found out something which may or may not become a huge problem. She's a single mother. I was really surprised and very disappointed because I thought everything was going well and I didn't expect any major issues such as this.

Here's my issue with her being a single mother : There is a chance that it might say something negative about her, her judgment, decision making, etc. Or, and this is definitely also a possibility, or it could just mean bad luck, without it saying anything bad about her as a person.

What I want to do is get rid of this uncertainty by finding out which it is. But of course I want to do it tactfully. How would you suggest I go about this?

You're not buying a used car! If there is a personal connection , and you can honestly help raise the child, then what's your problem?

Seems like you have baggage to deal with before you get serious about marriage.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:16 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
He should continue to look at the situation in a one sided way, not grow, and come back to his original, panicked prejudices as if he'd never sought others' input at all?

Then why did he seek others' input at all?

Wasn't this kind of a waste of time?
Maybe. It could also he's taking in new info and slowly ridding himself of bias, looking on bright side.

I'm not good enough to notice the same person hiding behind multiple usernames, so if it is obvious that he had real bad problems and world view from prior usernames, then I lacked that context. I'm only responding to seeming bashing of information seeking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships