Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 01:13 PM

8 posts, read 5,533 times

Advertisements

So, my ex girlfriend broke up with me about 1 year ago after being together and living together for about 8 months. We kept in contact, went out for dinner a couple of times and had sex after the breakup. But shortly after she started seeing her old boyfriend, they got engaged shortly after that. A couple months ago people started telling me that things are not that great in her new relationship and that she doesn’t really like her new boyfriend that much and their planed weeding is not happening. Have also recently been told by one of her best girlfriend, how happens to be my brothers girlfriend, that she has been talking about me for weeks and is finding it hard to see me. The same best friend to my ex gf have now told me that my ex gf and her boyfriend/fiancé have ended their relationship and she has moved back home to the same city where I live. Her friend also told me to be a little bit “cool”, guess she means that I should not start pursuing my ex even though she is now single but wait? So what does all this mean and what should I to do as I still have very strong feelings for me ex girlfriend and would like us to get back together. Any suggestion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 01:18 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
If you want her back, you should forget about her. As crazy as that sounds, it the best step you can make for yourself.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:28 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,057 times
Ex GF sounds needy because she jumps from relationship to relationship. So, that's an indication that she is not looking for someone (a specific, wonderful guy), she looking for anyone because she can't be alone. Not trying to be rude or harsh here, but that cannot make you feel special to her.

Don't do it dude; stay away from her and any other needy, clingy or desperate women. They will suck the emotional life out of you. You deserve better; now go find it.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:32 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars77 View Post
So, my ex girlfriend broke up with me about 1 year ago after being together and living together for about 8 months. We kept in contact, went out for dinner a couple of times and had sex after the breakup. But shortly after she started seeing her old boyfriend, they got engaged shortly after that. A couple months ago people started telling me that things are not that great in her new relationship and that she doesn’t really like her new boyfriend that much and their planed weeding is not happening. Have also recently been told by one of her best girlfriend, how happens to be my brothers girlfriend, that she has been talking about me for weeks and is finding it hard to see me. The same best friend to my ex gf have now told me that my ex gf and her boyfriend/fiancé have ended their relationship and she has moved back home to the same city where I live. Her friend also told me to be a little bit “cool”, guess she means that I should not start pursuing my ex even though she is now single but wait? So what does all this mean and what should I to do as I still have very strong feelings for me ex girlfriend and would like us to get back together. Any suggestion?
OK, so, it's telling that you call this her "new relationship" when she has already been with him longer than the entirety of yours.

Are you having trouble letting go, OP? What exactly was your relationship? Was it sexual in nature?

Old 08-27-2018, 03:11 AM

I initially had trouble letting go but ones she and her old boyfriend got engaged I was able to let I go. My feelings for my ex have reappeared ones I was told that she has been talking about me a lot and when I was told shes now single. We started living together after just a couple of months so we spend a lot of time together, we have a lot of common interest etc. And yes it was definitely sexual in nature.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:27 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
not sure why you would want that back in your life... it didn't work the first time for a reason.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:45 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars77 View Post
I initially had trouble letting go but ones she and her old boyfriend got engaged I was able to let I go. My feelings for my ex have reappeared ones I was told that she has been talking about me a lot and when I was told shes now single. We started living together after just a couple of months so we spend a lot of time together, we have a lot of common interest etc. And yes it was definitely sexual in nature.
In your original post you said you heard "she doesn't like her new boyfriend" and then you say you heard she was single. That doesn't sound like the same thing.

Are you clear on what's really going on?

Why did she break up with you?

Old 08-28-2018, 12:54 AM

I first started hearing about my ex not liking her now old boyfriend about 6 months ago, and about 1 week ago was told that she is now single and have moved back home. I’m 100 % sure she is single. The main reason for the break up was lack of communication and being open from my part, which made her think that we have different goals and values.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:04 AM

Default Ex girlfriend now single, have been talking about me a lot. How do I get her back?

My ex gf broke up with me about 1 year ago after being together and living together for about 8 months. We kept in contact, went out for dinner a couple of times and had sex after the breakup. But shortly after she started seeing her old boyfriend. About 6 months ago people started telling me that things are not that great in her new relationship and that she doesn’t really like her new boyfriend that much and their planed weeding is not happening. Have also recently been told by one of her best girlfriend, how happens to be my brothers girlfriend, that she has been talking a lot about me for weeks and is finding it hard to see me. The same best friend to my ex gf have now told me that my ex gf and her boyfriend/fiancé have ended their relationship and she has moved back home to the same city where I live. Her friend also told me to be a little bit “cool” and that everything is a bit up-side-down for her and she needs to be left alone in order to think. I still have very strong feelings for me ex gf and would like us to get back together, but will of course leave her alone for now. Have been thinking a lot after the breakup and have realised that my lack of communication and being open together with me becoming a bit of a doormat was a big part of her leaving me. So what does all this mean? How do I know if she also has similar feelings as I do? How long should I wait?

Old 08-30-2018, 07:45 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Do you think posting this twice will get you any better answers than it did a few days ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships