Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 08:35 PM

52 posts, read 22,071 times

Advertisements

I'm married, with kids. I'm happy with my life until my ex found me on Instagram 2 weeks ago.
We only dated for 6 months 8,9 years ago. We broke up because we weren't on the same page about the relationship, but we both deeply in love. I love him and crazy about him. He can't stay the same page with me, so I made a decision between heart and mind. I end the relationship. He keeps to trying to get me back since we broke up. He did whatever he can to win me back(sent flower every day, weeks, sent cards and letters, emails, etc) but I ignored him totally(change phone number, move different places, block his email, etc) He stopped 1 and half years to chase me, then started to find me through Facebook again. He sent me messages through Facebook and ask me to meet him, but I ignored him again, after that I met my husband and got married very quickly. Fast forward 8 years later, now He found my company's Instagram account that my husband and I own. He started to follow my company Instagram account. He watched every Instagram stories that we post and liked all new post. I know I still love him, his appearance is a huge impact on my life. I can't concentrate on work. I spent a lot of time to bury those feelings in past years. We don't have any mutual friends. We're in entirely different social circles. I don't know how he could find me. I changed my last name since married. I can't tell this to anyone in my real life, special the feelings that I have for him.
I just don't know what he wants from me? He knows I'm married with kids. I'm worried that he will contact me again since he knows my company address and other information.
Any suggestion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 08:40 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLady_1234 View Post
I'm married, with kids. I'm happy with my life until my ex found me on Instagram 2 weeks ago.
We only dated for 6 months 8,9 years ago. We broke up because we weren't on the same page about the relationship, but we both deeply in love. I love him and crazy about him. He can't stay the same page with me, so I made a decision between heart and mind. I end the relationship. He keeps to trying to get me back since we broke up. He did whatever he can to win me back(sent flower every day, weeks, sent cards and letters, emails, etc) but I ignored him totally(change phone number, move different places, block his email, etc) He stopped 1 and half years to chase me, then started to find me through Facebook again. He sent me messages through Facebook and ask me to meet him, but I ignored him again, after that I met my husband and got married very quickly. Fast forward 8 years later, now He found my company's Instagram account that my husband and I own. He started to follow my company Instagram account. He watched every Instagram stories that we post and liked all new post. I know I still love him, his appearance is a huge impact on my life. I can't concentrate on work. I spent a lot of time to bury those feelings in past years. We don't have any mutual friends. We're in entirely different social circles. I don't know how he could find me. I changed my last name since married. I can't tell this to anyone in my real life, special the feelings that I have for him.
I just don't know what he wants from me? He knows I'm married with kids. I'm worried that he will contact me again since he knows my company address and other information.
Any suggestion?
Are you in the US?

You can (and should) block him from following those sites. You don't have to let him stalk you.

Don't toy with your husband's feelings. You are a wife and a mom, and you know you are playing with fire if you message this guy.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:48 PM

It's not a good idea to block him. It's my company Instagram account. We have marketing people run it.
If I block him, He will know that He got my attention. My employees will think it's weird why the boss blocked this user? (block list)I usually don't deal with Instagram, I just check it once a while that why I found out EX followed our account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Are you in the US?

You can (and should) block him from following those sites. You don't have to let him stalk you.

Don't toy with your husband's feelings. You are a wife and a mom, and you know you are playing with fire if you message this guy.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:51 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
I’m so sorry you have a lousy marriage to be fantasizing about an ex boyfriend you’ve been known for only 6 months 9 years ago.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:51 PM

Pay me a million dollars I won't message him. I was the one take initially to cut all contact with him.

Quote:
Are you in the US?

Old 09-30-2018, 08:54 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
It's not a good idea to block him. It's my company Instagram account. We have marketing people run it.
If I block him, He will know that He got my attention. My employees will think it's weird why the boss blocked this user? (block list)I usually don't deal with Instagram, I just check it once a while that why I found out EX followed our account.
OK, so I see where your priorities are now, what you're actually worried about.

The problem is that secrets breed sickness. So ... you can't tell your husband about this problem, since he doesn't know you're still in love with this guy. And even though you're the boss, you don't want to direct your employees to block him or just block him yourself.

At some point you have to take control of your life. You have children. If you're thinking about reconnecting with this guy, you will jeopardize your family. You need to forget him and focus on what you have, not what you know doesn't work for you.

I still advise you to block him. It doesn't matter if he knows that you did it. The important thing is that you will cut a connection between you and a toxic temptation.

Are you in the US?

Old 09-30-2018, 08:56 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Quote:
So you don’t want to block him because you still have delusions of love? Sigh 😔 go ahead and play mind games with yourself, until it affects your “happy” family.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:05 PM

Thank you for your suggestions.
I don't think it's a good idea to block him. If I blocked him, it's a big chance he will contact me since he knows my address.
It has been 8 years, I know I can't kill feelings for him. I'll take it to the grave with me.
I'm just surprised he suddenly found me and show up in my life again!!! in shock! What does he want from me?
BTW, I don't know why you keep ask me if I'm in the US?
Yes, I'm in the US.

Quote:
OK, so I see where your priorities are now, what you're actually worried about.

The problem is that secrets breed sickness. So ... you can't tell your husband about this problem, since he doesn't know you're still in love with this guy. And even though you're the boss, you don't want to direct your employees to block him or just block him yourself.

At some point you have to take control of your life. You have children. If you're thinking about reconnecting with this guy, you will jeopardize your family. You need to forget him and focus on what you have, not what you know doesn't work for you.

I still advise you to block him. It doesn't matter if he knows that you did it. The important thing is that you will cut a connection between you and a toxic temptation.

Are you in the US?

Old 09-30-2018, 09:11 PM

406 posts, read 624,343 times
Quote:
I'm just surprised he suddenly found me and show up in my life again!!! in shock! What does he want from me?
I have a feeling he KNOWS the affect he has on you and has reached a point where he needs you for selfish reasons.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:11 PM

If I block him, It will give him a sign that I haven't moved on. The company Instagram is public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So you don’t want to block him because you still have delusions of love? Sigh 😔 go ahead and play mind games with yourself, until it affects your “happy” family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships