Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2018, 09:54 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times

Advertisements

I was where you are when I was your age, including the braces.

I didn't have the advantage of counseling then.

Oh BTW those days were among the bestest of my life!!!

Old 09-04-2018, 09:56 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,711,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Maybe you are scaring women away because you are talking about doing the dirty before you even have a relationship. Do you think you could maybe wait 3-4 dates and get to know her before you drop the bomb?

Upon reading my post, I realized I want you to know that my comment is intended as sarcasm. You are scaring them off by being too blunt and bold up front.
I know my bold and upfrontness is my downfall I definitely need to work on that 😢😢

Old 09-04-2018, 10:15 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Don't be so self-effacing. I bet if it were back in my frosh days I would have loved to meet a woman like you.
Me too.

What you desire personality wise in a man is how I have always been since I was a freshman high school.

Life forced maturity on me very early and so I never had the desire or urge to be young and wild.

Keep looking and be patient OP.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:57 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace21 View Post
As the title states, why do some guys only like or seem interested in me for sex but never for a friendship or relationship.
- Young men want to sow their wild oats, they're not looking to settle down. The younger they are then the higher the risk they have of only wanting sex

- For one reason or another they may not consider you long term relationship material, try dating older men.

- Establish from the very beginning that sex won't be on the menu for X amount of time instead of leading them on with make out sessions.

- Try using tinder to match with people that actually want to match with you instead of meeting guys who you have no idea what their intentions are.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:14 AM

39 posts, read 21,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
- Young men want to sow their wild oats, they're not looking to settle down. The younger they are then the higher the risk they have of only wanting sex

- For one reason or another they may not consider you long term relationship material, try dating older men.

- Establish from the very beginning that sex won't be on the menu for X amount of time instead of leading them on with make out sessions.

- Try using tinder to match with people that actually want to match with you instead of meeting guys who you have no idea what their intentions are.
Tinder seems like a hookup dating app, don't ya think? At least from the stories I've heard.
•Men much older than me are very interesting. I sometimes wonder sometimes why a lot of them are a lot much more respectful and interested in getting to know me versus some guys my age (NOT ALL) will tell me things like "you're really hot" as if I'm supposed to take that as a genuine compliment. I vibe with them so easily, like I'm not pretending to be someone I'm not. The conversations just flow better. Hopefully that makes sense, lol

Old 09-05-2018, 05:34 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace21 View Post
Tinder seems like a hookup dating app, don't ya think? At least from the stories I've heard.
•Men much older than me are very interesting. I sometimes wonder sometimes why a lot of them are a lot much more respectful and interested in getting to know me versus some guys my age (NOT ALL) will tell me things like "you're really hot" as if I'm supposed to take that as a genuine compliment. I vibe with them so easily, like I'm not pretending to be someone I'm not. The conversations just flow better. Hopefully that makes sense, lol
This wasn't the first time in this thread that someone mentioned that you should aim for an older group of men. Men mature later in life than women. The differences are less apparent as the gender's ages. So often a young woman in her 20s find more men willing to focus on serious relationships in an older group (late 20s early 30s).

Old 09-05-2018, 07:32 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
You failed to put the time and effort in to understand male psychology at a younger age and that's why you're having these problems and your peers are not.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:54 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,270,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
You failed to put the time and effort in to understand male psychology at a younger age and that's why you're having these problems and your peers are not.
Huh? I'm 65 and I guess I still haven't spent the time to understand male psychology. Have had some wonderful relationships anyway. Besides, I doubt that you can generalize "male psychology" any more than you can generalize "female psychology". There are averages and then there are standard deviations.

It might be helpful, though, for the OP to talk with some of her female friends in what she considers to be healthy relationships and find out what worked, and didn't work, for them.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:56 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
hahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 09-05-2018, 09:21 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

OP had the issue explained to her by several people within the first pages of the thread: it's not her, it's the guys. The confident guys are trying as many women as they can, to see which ones will give them what they want. The not-confident guys aren't dating anyone, and those are probably in the majority. If the OP wants to date quality guys, guys on her wavelength, she needs to make the first move, or have her friends set her up with the shy guys who do ask them about her.

It sounds like the OP is actually generating a decent amount of interest from the kind of guys she'd like to date, but those guys aren't approaching her directly. They're going through her friends, and then for some reason, things don't go any further. She needs to talk to her friends, to find out what they're saying to those guys, and to ask them to find ways to bring her together with the guys: have a pizza party & invite one of the guys, tell them she'll be attending a certain event on campus on the weekend, so they can go, and hopefully talk to her, or whatever.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-05-2018 at 03:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships