Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2018, 01:31 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I was on a first date last night. Had a nice time. However, when I went to order pizza at local market...when I placed the order....my date points to the tip jar and goes, "You may want to tip them a couple of bucks"

I never believed in putting tips in tip jars, it's kind of a pet peeve of mine. I only tip actual servers in sit down restaurants, not when I order pick-up. But I tipped anyways so that I didn't look like a dick and make my date believe I don't tip AT ALL. lol. So I went ahead and did it.

I don't know, gents, would you have done what I did, just to make a good impression?

I'm not a gent. But I would've done it exactly as you did. That was quick thinking on your part.

I also resent tip jars, most of the time.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:09 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
I dont think the issue in this thread is really about how an individual may feel about giving or the monetary and perceived value that may be associated with it, but how they may treat others that do not do as they would do.
Oh! Thanks, I see that now. Well we don't know, bc he did as he was told so they both can expect that to continue.

I'd have put the money in the jar myself, rather than Telling someone else to.

This might be a bit revealing of her personality.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:37 PM

777 posts, read 452,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Nothing wrong with that, but I'll bet you weren't having this discussion on your first date.

The OP drove 45 minutes (each way) to spend time with this person. It was their first date and presumably everything else was going well. It boggles my mind that several people seem to think he should have called her out over her inappropriate tip jar comment. What purpose would that have served? IMO, no matter how carefully he worded it, there would have been friction for the remainder of the night.
There's a difference between "calling someone out" and making a polite suggestion... and responding to polite suggestion with a polite difference of opinion.

Disagreeing with someone doesn't necessarily mean being rude or overbearing.

I would rather base my overall opinion of a new person in my life on complete and honest information. If someone throws money in the tip jar to impress me on a first date, but later says tip jars are complete BS, I am more likely to think poorly of him than if he'd told me he thinks tip jars are BS on that first date.

But I may have issues from an ex who was all about appearances but lousy on substance. Give me an honest dude anyday.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:13 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times
Question 2nd date cancelled for some guy she met online in Canada

Well, you all may have remembered that I had a 2nd date, confirmed for tomorrow with a woman I Had a nice time with last week. Well, she cancelled it today for some guy she was trying to "work things out with". Sadly, he lives in another country, Canada.

She met him on an online dating site, flew up to see him once, but he was suffering some kind of depression, so she ended it.

Out of the blue she cancelled out date because she wanted to work on things with him, and "He would feel uncomfortable with her and I 'hanging out'".

As if he really gives a rats ass about what's going on with her on the other side of the country?

Anyways, I told her that it's a pretty crappy thing to do, but wished her luck (on the guy that's suffering from depression).

I mean, I can see it being local, but in a friggin' another country?

Old 09-08-2018, 04:18 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Well, you all may have remembered that I had a 2nd date, confirmed for tomorrow with a woman I Had a nice time with last week. Well, she cancelled it today for some guy she was trying to "work things out with". Sadly, he lives in another country, Canada.

She met him on an online dating site, flew up to see him once, but he was suffering some kind of depression, so she ended it.

Out of the blue she cancelled out date because she wanted to work on things with him, and "He would feel uncomfortable with her and I 'hanging out'".

As if he really gives a rats ass about what's going on with her on the other side of the country?

Anyways, I told her that it's a pretty crappy thing to do, but wished her luck (on the guy that's suffering from depression).

I mean, I can see it being local, but in a friggin' another country?
Is this the tip jar woman?

If so, I'd say it sounds about right for her. She has no tact.

It does suck, but at least she was up front with you that her heart isn't in it, rather than going through the motions for a few weeks.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Is this the tip jar woman?

If so, I'd say it sounds about right for her. She has no tact.
Yeah, it was weird, because she and I were just talking about how all we were meeting were people with mental issues. This guy with the depression and me meeting women suffering from panic attacks/anxiety. It threw me off. Anyways, I told her I I didn't appreciate her ditching me like that, esp. for some dude in Canada that she'll probably see once every few months. I'll never forget this.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:26 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Sorey. Probably for the best.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:27 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Yeah, it was weird, because she and I were just talking about how all we were meeting were people with mental issues. This guy with the depression and me meeting women suffering from panic attacks/anxiety. It threw me off. Anyways, I told her I I didn't appreciate her ditching me like that, esp. for some dude in Canada that she'll probably see once every few months. I'll never forget this.
Yes, it is rude to accept and then cancel a second date; unless it is something which cannot be avoided.

Are you emotionally invested after one date? You shouldn't be. You barely know each other at this point.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Yes, it is rude to accept and then cancel a second date; unless it is something which cannot be avoided.

Are you emotionally invested after one date? You shouldn't be. You barely know each other at this point.
We know each other from the past. Through older social circles. So it wasn't like it was an online date. it just irked me that she told me that she ended things with him, due to his depression, and we were just talking about how we kept meeting people with mental issues. I noted the irony of her going back to the guy who lives far far away. You cannot even call that a relationship.

I'm curious how invested she is with THIS guy that she met online only once. She probably is more familiar with me, than she is with him.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:35 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistown123 View Post
yeah, it was weird, because she and i were just talking about how all we were meeting were people with mental issues. This guy with the depression and me meeting women suffering from panic attacks/anxiety. It threw me off. Anyways, i told her i i didn't appreciate her ditching me like that, esp. For some dude in canada that she'll probably see once every few months. I'll never forget this.
Feels Detected

Disqualified
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships