Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 10:53 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
No one is questioning about when you were posting. CD is not part of the equation here. The point is that you obviously didn't quit before you had annoyed her.

Whatever number and/or intensity/and or frequency of questions you were asking her was more than she planned for. You asked in the very first line of this thread if you were misreading her or if you "could be faulted." In a way, you could, but really it doesn't matter because this is all part of getting to know people, as friends or as romantic interests.

You went too far and she checked you. Now you know what SHE wants, and you can adjust your behavior accordingly.
Well, I found it kind of odd that she'd encourage me to add her on Facebook, only to then treat me as such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 10:56 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,312 times
I'll be direct here: this woman isn't into you in the slightest and probably never was. Those signals that she sent were crystal clear, imo. Take this as a learning experience- try to recall her body language, tone of voice, and mannerisms of when you first met her. If future women act in a similar manner, you can be nearly certain that they aren't interested in you.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:01 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Well, I found it kind of odd that she'd encourage me to add her on Facebook, only to then treat me as such.
Again, you apparently use and weigh Facebook friendships differently than she does.

As has been said, some people just like to rack up FB friends, and some just like to be able to see what other people are doing without interacting with them on FB.

When a guy DMs me on FB, I assume he is making a move toward something that is more than friendship, and if I am not interested in anything romantic, I respond flatly and minimally so as not to encourage things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
I'll be direct here: this woman isn't into you in the slightest and probably never was. Those signals that she sent were crystal clear, imo. Take this as a learning experience- try to recall her body language, tone of voice, and mannerisms of when you first met her. If future women act in a similar manner, you can be nearly certain that they aren't interested in you.
You may not have kept with the entirety my posts, but I thought I had explained that it was her body language, tone of voice, and mannerisms were that of someone that I thought was interested. Most women are just short with me or aren't engaging. She was actually encouraging me to walk with her to certain areas of the building to look at display pieces (it was a museum Meetup).

Sometimes if we parted ways to mingle around, she'd wind up joining up with me again. She would even say my name more frequently in conversation.

I compared this behavior to that of other women who were short and brief with me.

She then revealed that "Oh, I'm that way with everyone." (I mentioned that I think 2 times before in this thread).

553 posts, read 302,604 times
Quote:
That is not a line I would use to a man I wanted to be in a relationship with.

Its not a line I would use in any social situation to a person I want to get to know more. If I meet someone I'd like to be friends with I would say, "we should meet up again, what's your number".

If its someone I don't want to forget I met, but don't really plan on talking to I'll ask to find them on fb.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
As has been said, some people just like to rack up FB friends, and some just like to be able to see what other people are doing without interacting with them on FB.
Yeah, and to be honest, I think this whole social media thing has been a determent to peoples' social skills and keeping people at arms length as much as possible. But that's another conversation altogether.

She's rather have her ego stroke than to make REAL friends.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:05 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
Yeah, and to be honest, I think this whole social media thing has been a determent to peoples' social skills and keeping people at arms length as much as possible. But that's another conversation altogether.

Are you really that bent out of shape that someone you were interested in romantically doesn’t want to be “REAL” friends with you?

Old 09-23-2018, 11:07 AM

553 posts, read 302,604 times
Quote:

It could have been that she just didn't vibe with you in a way that was worth her time in the future.

But the important thing is YOU and what could you be doing differently at these meet ups.

Again I'd stress to ease off of asking so many questions. Try to not ask so many personal question, especially about something that happened more than a couple of months ago, like friends back home at her home town. What relevance does that have to you at that moment? Questions like that KILL chemistry.

You mentioned how you kept finding each other around that venue. Maybe she was actually getting a bit annoyed and trying to get away from you.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:11 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:

So the sour grapes resurface.

Why do you have to insult her? Why does she have to be a bad person because she does it differently from you. That verges on entitlement.

She could easily be telling HER friends this story as, "This guy immediately started DMing me and asking me all these questions. I finally had to help him get the hint." It may not be YOUR version of events, but people see situations differently.

Just understand that you two now have a better understanding of each other, and if you just act normal and don't let your hurt feelings get in the way, you could actually be real friends going forward.

But if you insist on things going YOUR way and continue to be all hurt when women remind you where their boundaries are, you'll never get there.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:14 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
I've never seen a guy get so mad about not being able to be real (aka platonic) friends with a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships