Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 08:57 PM

399 posts, read 700,898 times

Advertisements

I didn’t say we split up - we had an argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 09:09 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,257,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabella View Post
I didn’t say we split up - we had an argument.
YOU might not have split up with him, but his complete lack of response to you is telling and says otherwise.

Some people don't need to say the words to be done with someone and walk away. They just do it after they've had enough.

But, who knows... maybe he's just taking an extended period of silence to gather himself before expressing his undying love and devotion to you.

Old 12-20-2018, 09:15 PM

4,242 posts, read 947,782 times
He should have at least extended the courtesy to let you know that he would no longer be able to take you to your appointment, not just disappeared. Glad you were able to find someone to help you out.

Old 12-20-2018, 09:16 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
If I were so angry with you that I did not want to take you to the appointment, I would feel obliged to find someone else to do it even if I had to pay them so as not to enjoy your company.

You do not leave someone hanging on something like this. At the very least you say, "Find another ride," and do so in plenty of time.

The man is an asshat.

Old 12-20-2018, 09:33 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:

The arguments were from his seeing his ex for lunch and drinks and not quite sure what else without letting me know.
Not quite sure what else? Come on.

Quote:

I was upset and asked him not to do this.
Asked him not to do what?

Quote:

I don't think i had a "mess" to rectify in this situation.
He apparently disagreed.

Quote:

So the message here is man are not to be trusted to keep their word if you have an argument, is that correct?
I think that's the message YOU want to spread. But sometimes people get tired of dealing with someone and don't want to feel like they are being taken advantage of.

Yes, ignoring you and leaving you hanging was rude. But it would be super helpful to hear his side of the story.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:53 AM

1,485 posts, read 954,886 times
Quote:
I had been dating this guy for about a year and it was a serious relationship. Nearing the end of a year,we were having more arguments and not getting along as well. I had asked him to take me to get cataract surgery as you need a driver for that and I did not have anyone else to ask. I had very few friends and not connected to a church so I just didn't have others to ask for a ride. We had a fight about a week before the surgery and I called him to see if he would still take me. Left many voice messages, texts and knocking on the door of his house with no response. I was panicked and did finally find someone to take me.

My question is: do you think if you are mad at someone you are involved with you can just blow them off for something as important as a medical procedure? Should you just be mad and take them and tell them you are now done? What is the correct thing to do here? I feel sure I know the answer but would like some other non-biased opinions. Thank you for your response!
Were the arguments started by you over pettiness? I'd be willing to bet he got fed up and walked to preserve his peace of mind. It's typical for women to avoid any responsibility in these disputes and paint the man as the bad guy.
We get into relationships to make good memories and have fun. When the opposite happens it's time to end the relationship.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:55 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
After rereading the OP's reply, it sounds like he was meeting his ex and the OP was suspicious about what was going on between them.

If he bolted after your fight about this topic, mirabella, then he either was innocent and tired of being falsely accused, or he was guilty of stepping out with his ex and couldn't be counted on to be there for you anyway.

Old 12-21-2018, 07:43 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
It sounds like the argument ended the relationship. He made it obvious by ignoring texts, knocks, etc. Did you honestly think he would still help you out? I can't believe you expected it.
Thisssssss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
That's a huge exaggeration on your part here.

From his lack of response, it REALLY sounds like he is done with this relationship and you. If that's the case, then he isn't going to feel like he still needed to be your driver/ride/chauffeur to your surgery. While it's unfortunate for you, it really shouldn't be all that surprising considering your argument and his continued silence.

Prior commitments and promises made change when two people split up.
And thissssss.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:49 AM

78 posts, read 38,180 times
Answer: Dump him like a bunny.

Old 12-21-2018, 10:06 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
I wouldn’t hold anyone to anything if I was in constant conflict with them. I would find my own way in life.

Drama creates drama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships