Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 07:56 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,188 times

Advertisements

Actually I'm leaning toward the op on this one. if what he is saying is true, she acted like she has no home training. Now the OP did over react, but that comes with you (poor impulse control is common in those that have only had said impulses for a few years). But being wasteful and bad manners is something that should be nipped in the but by parents before school even starts(k-12).

I would have handled it differently, not blown up just finish the date politely and resolved never to see her again.

it's not the cost of the date it's the principle, if she behaves like that at a burger joint, she'll do it with surf and turf(if the steak is not juuuust right).

Old 02-03-2019, 10:19 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Um, no. It was a nasty fight
So what? This isn't a Disney Channel sitcom. Couples fight sometimes. The bottom line is they both wanted to straighten things out.

Quote:
and you want to introduce joking?
"She sends me a photo-shopped picture of my face on a pig's body with a pig snout where my nose is and an In-N-Out bag on the pig's back."

That's hilarious.

Quote:
And, fine-- we interpret a situation differently and now I'm "twisting" it. Whatever.
Yes, we do interpret the situation differently, but that doesn't mean you're not twisting things.

You have downplayed their relationship, and you've made her comments seem far worse (pig vs. little piggy).

Quote:
They're a pair of immature kids with bad communication skills who've been Skype-dating for a few months and have only met in person twice-- with one of those times including the fight in question. We're not trying to save a long-term marriage here. If there's this kind of nastiness this early in, why on earth do you have any sort of hope for their future together?
The fast food thing has been their only issue. And even though it blew up, it's rather trivial.

Quote:
There are many fish in the sea. Why should a person try to make themself miserable trying to shove a square peg into a round hole?
More twisting. The OP said they've had a great time together. They simply have different views regarding food. It's really not a big deal, and it certainly doesn't mean they're incompatible.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:00 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
Wow, redplum33, you're really invested in this.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:09 PM

399 posts, read 221,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamspider View Post
I figure that I might as well give a little update on what happened.

Me and her ended up reaching out on Skype and things didn't start off good and they only got worse. She refused to apologize since she believes that she didn't do anything wrong. She claimed that she was just giving her honest opinion in a way that she usually expresses herself. I told her to apologize for being condescending towards me, but she demanded an apology for insulting her homemade cooking and calling her snobby and pretentious. Neither of us were willing to apologize and then she insulted me by saying "I don't think I've ever met someone so trashy as to get this mad over defending fast food." I then pointed out that she was being snobby again by talking down to me for liking fast food and we argued to the point where we were yelling over each other and we couldn't even make out what was being said. She then suggested that we stop seeing each other and I snapped. I yelled "FINE! **** YOU!" and I slammed my laptop shut. I immediately felt bad and I tried calling her on Skype again, but she wouldn't answer. And you want to know what she does an hour later? She sends me a photo-shopped picture of my face on a pig's body with a pig snout where my nose is and an In-N-Out bag on the pig's back.

Now I'm thinking of getting her back in some way. Her parents are very anti-military and she told me that she once tried to enlist in the Army behind their backs. She said that they would probably disown her if they ever found out that she tried to enlist, so now I'm thinking of maybe contacting them on Facebook and telling them about how she tried to enlist.
Good grief. If you actually betray her trust to spite her, you're not even remotely close to have a relationship with ANYONE.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:40 AM

76 posts, read 48,281 times
You both are immature to be in a relationship honestly

Old 02-04-2019, 07:18 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
I didn't "go on a rampage". Stop exaggerating.
Alright. Slight exageration.

The 2 of you just went back and forth calling each other names. No food was thrown, no walls smashed, and no windows broken.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:05 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,970 times
Quote:
She sends me a photo-shopped picture of my face on a pig's body with a pig snout where my nose is and an In-N-Out bag on the pig's back.
I clicked on this thread on Friday on my work PC just before I left for the day. Luckily, it was still open when I got in this morning. It swelled from 3 to 12 pages in that time. Probably more than I wanted to read on this topic but the above quote was worth it.

For the record, we have In and Out in my town. It's ok; they're burgers are fine (though the double is messy) and I do enjoy the Neapolitan shakes very much.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:30 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
The lady drives 4 hours to see him, and he offers a 8 dollar meal and a fight.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:37 AM

880 posts, read 531,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
The lady drives 4 hours to see him, and he offers a 8 dollar meal and a fight.
and insults her cooking skills. I would understand him being hurt if he had cooked her something, but arguing over a fast food chain. beyond ridiculous.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:18 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
I clicked on this thread on Friday on my work PC just before I left for the day. Luckily, it was still open when I got in this morning. It swelled from 3 to 12 pages in that time. Probably more than I wanted to read on this topic but the above quote was worth it.
Same here. I laughed out loud.

Quote:
She made the four hour drive to my place here in Prescott and for the first day, we had a great time just doing stuff like playing in the snow, touring the city, and stuff like that. Then on the second day, I suggested that we go out for lunch at our local In-N-Out Burger. There aren't any In-N-Out's in New Mexico, so she was really looking forward to eating there since I had been hyping it up a lot. We got some to go and took it back to my place and that's where things got really bad. She took a bite out of her burger and had some fries and she was awfully quiet. She usually talks a lot and is very exclamatory when she eats food that she likes, so I knew that she wasn't impressed. She told me that the cheese was too overwhelming and she could barely taste the meat, and she also thought the fries were bland. Then she tried her Neapolitan shake and she didn't like that either. She just referred to it as "sludge" and she told me that she wasn't going to finish any of what she ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
For the record, we have In and Out in my town. It's ok; they're burgers are fine (though the double is messy) and I do enjoy the Neapolitan shakes very much.
What I've learned from this thread is that I have to try the Neapolitan shake. Why didn't I think of that??

OP, I'm dying to know what you guys ate on the other couple of occasions. Not a joke, I seriously would like to know. Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships