Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 02:42 AM

37 posts, read 17,775 times

Advertisements

You get rejected romantically but then they have a hissy fit when you are dating around.
Why do people do this?

For me personally, if I were not romantically interested in someone, I just would not care what they did or who they date..
Frustrating cave man territorial malarkey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 04:26 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Games.

It’s like when someone is holding an item at a clothing store. Walking around with it and then all of a sudden they put the item down. Immediately another person comes up and grabs it. Now it appears they let go of a desirable item and now they want it back.

Nuh-ah. You put it down and it is back on da market.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:31 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Why get frustrated? Just don't pay attention to this silliness.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:54 AM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
I don't think I've ever seen this.

Usually if I reject someone romantically, I am THRILLED when they find someone to date. It usually means that we can be friends and they won't be looking at me with puppy eyes anymore, 'cause they've got someone. Yay! And most of the times I've ever rejected someone I've felt kinda bad because I like them, they're good people, but I just am not into them like that (or I'm taken or something) and so it's like..."I really hope you find love, you do deserve it and I think you're great, it's just not gonna be me."

I cannot imagine not wanting to be with someone and also wanting them to not be with anyone else. That's super weird to me.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:05 AM

37 posts, read 17,775 times
Sadly, this weird s*** has happened to me a few times and I agree. Why would a person reject you and then get grumpy and mean when you begin to see others? Curious, but I also agree they can kiss my a** and I should continue to not give a toss.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:15 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
I had a guy break up with me, and I wasted no time getting back in the dating game. As a matter of fact, the 1st weekend after we broke up, I went to the movies with a friend, who happened to be male, and ran into some of my boyfriend's bro friends. I introduced my friend to these bro friends of my ex, knowing it'd go straight back to my ex...and I was totally fine with that.

Apparently, it gave him second thoughts.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:44 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
because they go from getting all attention to little attention.
When the attention deviates from them to another jealousy starts to creep in regardless of the “type” of feelings being shared.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:02 AM

880 posts, read 532,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble love View Post
Sadly, this weird s*** has happened to me a few times and I agree. Why would a person reject you and then get grumpy and mean when you begin to see others? Curious, but I also agree they can kiss my a** and I should continue to not give a toss.
Similar situation but not quite. In college a girl in my class told this guy that i had a crush on him (i didn't, why she said it i have no clue), he didn't like me of course and started acting off around me, which was annoying but whatever, that same wkend when we were all out drinking and i was dancing and making out with another guy he made a comment that i moved on quick.
He then convinced himself that i was doing it to make him jealous, anytime after that, i would catch him looking over whenever i was connecting with another guy, somehow convincing himself that i was still trying to make him jealous, this went on for the whole school year, finally a friend called him out on it and told him i have never liked him, he still wouldn't believe her.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:16 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Nah, that's nonsense at best and weird controllingness at worst. And sometimes people just get off on attention, and get pissy when it's directed elsewhere.

I had a guy I would see occasionally due to work, who was always very flirtatious. I was in a relationship, which, unbeknownst to me, was ending. When it was over, and I was spending a lot of time socializing with work people, he was often there. There was a lot of running hot and cold, once I was actually on the market. I assumed he was an "about the chase" guy, which didn't interest me. It was clear that his flirting didn't run too deep, and he wasn't interested in actually posing anything. When I eventually met somebody else (who I'm now married to), he was so affronted. I guess I was just supposed to leave myself open for him just in case. Um, nope.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:03 PM

421 posts, read 237,781 times
Ego and attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships