Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 02:45 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times

Advertisements

And how compatible are you in daily life?

Mentally
Intellectually
Spiritually
Emotionally
Physically

Do you share values in common?

How do you work through differences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 03:31 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Capricorn with a Pisces.

Been together 3+ years now but it's going really well and we plan to marry within another couple of years.

We've got some good stuff in common. I think that differences aren't always something you work through. Sometimes your differences are what make you yin & yang or more compatible, if they are complimentary differences. Being strong where your partner is not, that kind of thing. Or simply having new and interesting input to share.

Capricorns have a way of at least thinking we are right a lot of the time. Or at least I am that way, and it's consistent with what is said of the sign. We are very "look before you leap" so it's about taking the time to have all the information, we are ambitious but we play a long game. None of this threatens my Pisces partner, he admires it in me, I think. It is said that it can be a problem where Capricorn is too materialistic for dreamy Pisces, but I don't see that as an issue. He would sit there weaving fantastical inner-scapes while his (material) world crumbled around him... So you need an administrator? Congrats. One has arrived. Place all of your mundane life-business in my hands, I'll happily take charge of it. I, in turn, can get too boring and bound in responsibility without someone to remind me to Zen out and appreciate the magic in being alive, and he's wonderful for that. Both of us value companionship in the other and both of us believe in striving for happiness as one of life's highest purposes. Sometimes I take on too much and I need moral support; he is great at providing it. And sexually... Well let's just say that being with him in that regard is an experience like no other. He makes me feel like one VERY lucky woman.

As for working through challenges...the few we have encountered so far, seem to have gone the same way. Expressing how we feel to one another, processing the issue (we are both "overthinkers") for a few days, and coming back at it when new insights have become clear to us, discussing our perspectives and feelings, and coming gradually to some sort of common destination.

I've found (whether by coincidence or design, as I do remain a bit on the fence about all of this) that I'm just not compatible with air signs, and I'm most compatible with water signs. *shrug*

Old 03-28-2019, 03:56 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Capricorn with a Pisces.

I've found (whether by coincidence or design, as I do remain a bit on the fence about all of this) that I'm just not compatible with air signs, and I'm most compatible with water signs. *shrug*
Yes, it seems that earth and water are exceptional signs for compatibility...generally speaking, of course.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Yes, it seems that earth and water are exceptional signs for compatibility...generally speaking, of course.
Funny conversation with a friend. She said, "What do you get when you mix earth and water...mud!" laughing and all, I was like, "Woman please. Earth is more than dirt, and I'm more like stone. The mountain reflected in the deep lake. The land that cradles the sea. *harumph* Mud. Really now!"

Old 03-28-2019, 04:45 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,558,235 times
Libra and Aquarius.
Feb. was our 40th anniversary.
We are opposite in many ways, but that compliments us.
We both respect each others differences, and always have.
I've learned many things from her, and she from me.

We are also alike in the big things-that count. That has made it last.
She's the light of my life, I'd have it no other way.

*Oh yeah, we still hold hands.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:17 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Aries (I) and Libra (he), together 22 years.

We are two very different people, who manage to be compatible, and generally get on without having to try hard. Id say the two biggest areas where we diverge are

1. He’s rather high-strung, while I’m more chill
2. He’s very religious, while I have zero need for it

Differences haven’t been too hard to work through because neither one of us cares about being right or “winning” the argument; let’s just get this ish settled and carry on.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:19 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,421,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Libra and Aquarius.
Feb. was our 40th anniversary.
We are opposite in many ways, but that compliments us.
We both respect each others differences, and always have.
I've learned many things from her, and she from me.

We are also alike in the big things-that count. That has made it last.
She's the light of my life, I'd have it no other way.

*Oh yeah, we still hold hands.
You know Libra and Aquarius are the most compatible. I am a Libra, and the love of my life is an Aquarius!

Old 03-29-2019, 10:37 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
And how compatible are you in daily life?

Mentally
Intellectually
Spiritually
Emotionally
Physically

Do you share values in common?

How do you work through differences?

I'm Cancer, he's Aquarius.

Mentally, we're similar I think
Intellectually, he's smarter than me a little bit.
Spiritually, we're pretty much on the same page
Emotionally, he's a little more closed up than me, but that's OK with me. I'm not a hot head, but I'm a smart mouth, whereas...he's not. But he IS a teaser (we both are.) We rarely have serious arguments. I think I could count the ones we've had on one hand. He is a thoughtful and logical man.

Physically, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Sexually? We dig each other. I'm happy. He's physically strong. He has more health issues than I do, but he's a strong man.

About the only difference we have these days is that when we retire, I want to get the hell out of Dodge (Missouri) and move somewhere south. Preferably, I'd like to live in Louisiana. He wants to stay in Missouri and move into a tiny house, less than 1000 sq. THAT sounds like anathema to me. I picture a drab little house in a drab little town (I know the town he wants us to move to) just waiting to die. He says we can't afford Louisiana.

I just keep praying that one of us changes our minds.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:29 AM

People who are with Aquarius partners...

Do you find that they can be kind of moody and prickly, like when they are annoyed you can almost feel their irritation like a charge in the room?

Every Aquarius I've known has been extremely intelligent (really some of the smartest people I've ever known) and able to recover from extreme adversity in ways I find nearly astounding, but easily annoyed and hard for me to deal with when they have an attitude going on. But I'm mostly thinking of 3 people I have known well enough to make such observations of...so in such situations I'm like "is this a thing?...or just a coincidence?"

Old 03-29-2019, 11:34 AM

712 posts, read 555,420 times
My husband and I will celebrate 37 years in October
1. we respect each other
2. we do not air our grievances to anyone (you may forgive but the person you told will not forget)
3. We like each other
4. We never make major purchases without the others knowledge
5. We live simply and do not live above our means
6. God is the head of our household.
7. We believe if it doesn't line up with the word of God it isn't for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships