Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 07:17 AM

35 posts, read 17,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I posted this yesterday, but if she's mentally ill, which I missed that part & didn't read every post here, then that's a different story. It's of course perfectly fine if you found this out & no longer want to be w/ her. But, maybe don't go so cold turkey on her. Gradually distance yourself & be honest w/ her that you're doing so.

HOWEVER, since you now want to be back w/ her as your thread title says, then, by all means, do so, be sincerely apologetic that you broke up w/ her & see what she says.
It was her tripping from the meds she was overprescribed, so definitely no mental illness. I assumed that and distanced myself and eventually ended things. Yikes. But yeah, she has no issues or history of being nutty. Her sister was telling me that my now ex gf’s doctor had ordered for her to be put on IV, which flushed her body of that crappy med she was wrongfully and overly prescribed that within an hour she was being her normal self, so thank God

Old 05-25-2019, 07:21 AM

12,774 posts, read 14,987,827 times
^ I see. How old are you guys, BTW?

Old 05-25-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
^ I see. How old are you guys, BTW?
You’re spot on, she’s 24 and I’m turning 28

Old 05-25-2019, 07:34 AM

To all, I was not clear about the medication fiasco. She was not overprescribed, she was wrongfully prescribed antidepressants. Her sister informed me that her surgeon explained that two antidepressants were never necessary, instead OTC painkillers or maybe a prescription for it would suffice. There’s no suspicion of mental illness or anything like that. I wanted to clear that up. After she was given IV fluids to flush out the meds, her sister let me know they noticed the different within an hour or so

Old 05-25-2019, 07:50 AM

6,453 posts, read 9,816,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvlibvl View Post
To all, I was not clear about the medication fiasco. She was not overprescribed, she was wrongfully prescribed antidepressants. Her sister informed me that her surgeon explained that two antidepressants were never necessary, instead OTC painkillers or maybe a prescription for it would suffice. There’s no suspicion of mental illness or anything like that. I wanted to clear that up. After she was given IV fluids to flush out the meds, her sister let me know they noticed the different within an hour or so
Since you are in touch with her sister, I would ask her the best way to approach your ex. The sister knows whats going on, and why. She is probably your best ally in this situation.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Since you are in touch with her sister, I would ask her the best way to approach your ex. The sister knows whats going on, and why. She is probably your best ally in this situation.
Her sister can’t stand my guts hahaha! But I told her sister to tell my ex (she goes in for surgery this morning) but I’m going to spend the day with her afterwards

Old 05-25-2019, 08:05 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvlibvl View Post

Her sister can’t stand my guts hahaha!
Why?

Old 05-25-2019, 10:01 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
So the two antidepressants were prescribed in error? I hope she will have a very frank discussion with her doctors and perhaps an attorney. I have heard of medication errors, but for them to prescribe a psychotropic instead of say, a pain killer--not to mention two of them--seems like malpractice in the extreme.

Perhaps you could help her navigate that, as a way of showing you care and will defend her.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So the two antidepressants were prescribed in error? I hope she will have a very frank discussion with her doctors and perhaps an attorney. I have heard of medication errors, but for them to prescribe a psychotropic instead of say, a pain killer--not to mention two of them--seems like malpractice in the extreme.

Perhaps you could help her navigate that, as a way of showing you care and will defend her.
Yep, and she already has an attorney involved so I will help out anyway I could at this point. I started researching and found that there could have been far worse side effects

Old 05-25-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

I didn’t think of that! I will
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships