Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:56 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy08 View Post
one time my dad (he owned a stucco business in missouri) went out to a job site to over look his men. He left his work truck parked on a slightly (but just barely) slanted parking lot. Got out and went to work. He came back, the truck was gone, puzzled, starting to think its stolen, for some odd reason decides to walk down the parking lot across the highway and look down into the woods. There it was. Perfectly un-scratched and un-harmed. Apparently he never put the truck in park. How he ever thought to look there is beyond me.

My bro and one of his friends were riding 4-wheelers. They decided to cross the creek. My bro turned around when he figured out it was too deep. Told his friend not to but of course friend did it any ways. He completly stalled out and flooded his 4-wheeler that he had just got that day.

I had a boyfriend when i was 15 who got mad at me. Slammed his fist in to a big chunk of ice and broke his hand. One time he slammed his own portable c.d. Player against the cement, crushing it into a thousand bits. And then 6 months after i dumped him came up from behind my new bf, new bf turns around and he sucker punched him right in the face. He had a black eye for over 2 weeks. And new bf was a jerk too because he was too "scared" to be with me any more.

Wow, i suddenly feel as if i have been surrounded by morons my whole life.

:d:d:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 05:05 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slove1106 View Post
I'm just gonna cut and paste the ones I'd mentioned in the other thread here... These are the "cooking incidences"...

EX husband by the way...

Incident #1: My friend needed a place to live for a month so I let her stay with us. I get home one day and she tells me that she was watching TV and the next thing she knows, she sees from the corner of her eye, a fire on the stove and ex was nowhere to be found. Moron put some oatmeal on the stove (the only thing he knew how to cook... well... apparently can't do that very well either) and got in the shower for over 15 minutes. Scorched the wall. Paid over $2,000 in damages to that condo at move-out after living there 1 year.

Incident #2: (Different condo we rented) Again... puts oatmeal on the stove, walks away (doing God knows what) and again... another fire. And again, scorched the wall. Realize, this condo we rented was BRAND NEW, never lived in... (You'll see later how much we pissed the owners off at move-out... actually, how much HE pissed them off) Oh, forgot to mention when I got home, there was fire extinguisher white foam ALL over the place... The stove, the wall, the ceiling! Grr.

Incident #3: (Same condo as incident #2) So... a couple weeks later, he decides to put a pot on the stove. Gets it heated or whatever he's doing, and instead of putting the pot ON the trivet (that thing that you put hot things on to keep from burning a surface), he puts it NEXT to it, and leaves a black (very bad) scorch hole on our kitchen counter. His reason? He thought it was granite... (So what if it was?!?) My God. I was SO mad.

Move-out expenses for damage done to condo in incidents #2 and #3... $4,500, PLUS our $1300 deposit... We had to pay for a kitchen renovation for the countertop he ruined, plus a bathroom renovation that you'll read about in my next post...

I feel bad for you...............................:s mack:........................

Old 01-13-2012, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 745 times
Default Too Many Moments to Count!

My ex-husband was just such a moron I can hardly keep track of all the stupid things he did and the clueless way he acted during our three year marriage. However...here are a few goodies from the distant past:

I agree that one should never take or send a man to the grocery store. Nothing good will come of it. My ex, however, hated to be left alone, so he insisted on coming shopping with me one evening. We got to the store and I started my usual route, left to right. Every time we got to a new aisle he would stop and stand in the middle of everything and look around, bewildered, and say, "What do we need in this aisle?" I would tell him, for instance, a can of green beans. He would stare at the shelves, glassy-eyed, and say, "Why do they hide things? You should just be able to walk up to the shelf and get what you want." I said, "You CAN do that. See?" Then I would pick up the can. I won't go into the whole drama, but he "just couldn't understand" how people could find anything. His shopping consisted of sugar, ice cream, potato chips, fat, and other wise choices.

My ex always told me that he was a much better cook than me. I don't know why he popped off like that because I cooked every night and all he could put together was a sandwich. In any case, someone gave us a wok for our wedding and he wanted to make stir-fried rice. Instead of judging or trying to take over, I just left him alone and decided that I could always eat something else later if need be. About 10 minutes later - you guessed it - I smelled smoke. I went into the kitchen and whatever rice wasn't scorched to the bottom of the pan was flying out into the room like popcorn. I said, "What happened?" He started swearing about the "stupid rice," like it should know how to cook itself. I then saw that he hadn't cooked the rice first...he had poured about a pound of dry, hard rice into the pan which was totally coated in oil...to which he started adding cold water! Of course, the whole thing went up in flames and we had to use wet dish towels to put it out. When it was all over I gently said that I thought the rice had to be cooked first before it was stir-fried in the wok. "No, it doesn't," he smarted. "The wok cooks everything for you!" Whatever! Just to prove how dumb I was being, he actually ate this burnt mess...I made a sandwich.

I had posted this doozy on another site, but for anyone who may not have seen it, another thing that my ex used to do was barge into the bathroom while I was taking a shower and throw a glass of cold water in my face. he thought he was so funny..then he'd run out the door, laughing like a lunatic.

This jerk had zero respect for privacy and was always needing to be around me...even pounding on the bathroom door when I had it locked. He would constantly call me at work on his days off because he wondered when I was coming home. "Well, when I get off work, I suppose!" Sheesh! On that note, this next one is a real wonder to me. One night, I was locking up the store to come home and the key broke off in the lock. I knew I could slide the spare key under the door and someone could unlock it from the outside. I called by husband and asked him if he would drive over to unlock the door - it was two blocks away. He whined that he was watching his show and didn't want to miss it and could I wait until it was over...an hour and 45 minutes later! I asked him if he could come during the commercial since we lived so close. He just sighed and slammed the phone down. I did not call back and prepared to spend the night if necessary. About ten minutes later I heard him tapping on the door and saw that he had this stupid, exaggerated patience look on his face. He was all aggitated and kept pointing to the bottom of the door, making these stupid gestures about me sliding the key under and him unlocking it. Right, moron, I got it! It was my plan, after all. Once this was done we each went to out own cars and drove home. Then he griped and griped and complained all night long, "Now I don't know what happened on my show! Thanks a lot...can't you even figure out how to turn a key?!"

When I wised up and finally left him, he cried and hit the wall and cried some more and just couldn't understand why I left.

I guess I had better stop here, but, oh, I've got a million of them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships