Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:07 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,531,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
It wouldn't cost much to hire someone to do all that stuff for you.

I know a couple of guys named Ramon and Hay-Soos who really helped me out.

I think they have a cousin named Maria.
I think you mean Jesus (it's pronounced Hay-Soos), in Spanish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 05:28 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,521 posts, read 6,328,608 times
I know how just you feel. Im retired from my real job. When I came home from work I wanted to sit down and relax not cook. I like to eat when I come home from work not an hour or so later. I like to cook for special occasions but not for everyday.

One thing that helped me was cooking tomorrows diner tonight. A lot of things dont take long to prepare but have to cook for a long while.

I happen to like leftovers so I cook a huge batch of whatever and I eat it for days. Then I freeze whats left if any. For example even tho theres only me now. I cook 4 roasts at a time. I keep some out to eat now then I divide up the rest in meal size portions and freeze it. I also make meatloaf in 6 pound batches. I make single serving loaves and freeze them.

I dont freeze uncooked meat I always cook it first. It takes up less room in the freezer and its easier to cook quick if your meats already cooked. I dont know about vegetarian stuff but maybe this would help you with your husbands meals. Like someone said just cook your meal and add some meat to his portion.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:41 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post

I think you mean Jesus (it's pronounced Hay-Soos), in Spanish.
Well he did have a name tag that said Jesus, but I thought that was just religious jewelry, like the crucifix around his neck.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:57 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
He won't eat pasta???? Is he crazy?? hee hee I would be lost without it!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
He won't eat pasta???? Is he crazy?? hee hee I would be lost without it!
I could eat pasta, but wouldn't choose to do so. Sorry Italians, but to me pasta is nothing but cheap filler. Just mentioning it so the 'crazy' doesn't feel alone!

Old 05-01-2008, 09:13 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

to me pasta is nothing but cheap filler.
If you don't fill your spaghetti dinner with pasta, all you have is a plate of tomato soup.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
If you don't fill your spaghetti dinner with pasta, all you have is a plate of tomato soup.
That's the thing... don't want the spaghetti...

Old 05-01-2008, 09:22 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Pasta the way the Sicilians make it is yum. Nothing like those dried up sticks you buy in the store.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:53 AM

672 posts, read 5,822,884 times
So the groceries aside, I'm wondering: what condition is your house in?

When I tidy/pick up, I try to think about it this way: would I be embarassed if we had unexpected guests right now, and they saw the house in this condition?

The answer is, 98% of the time, yes.

Something is wrong here. I don't understand why I cannot keep on top of the tidying/picking up for a small house. We only have two bedrooms, too.

Just now I finished having breakfast. While I waited for it to cook, I tossed in a load of laundry, finishing putting all the dishes in the dishwasher, cleaned up the counters, etc. About 10 minutes of tidying up and then I look at the mountain of laundry sitting there and feel a sigh of dismay.

How many minutes per day/hours do you spend tidying/picking up? An hour a day wouldn't even be sufficient in my case--two hours a day probably would be, but I think there must be a better way to streamline my household management duties so that I'm not wasting two hours a day picking up.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:23 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
For me daily picking up only takes about 30 minutes or so. Today is my big cleaning day and it takes me about 3 hours or so to clean(tubs, toilets, counters, vacuum, mop etc)I am also doing about 5 loads of laundry today too, while cleaning.

My question to you is what is your defination of dirty? Do you have to have spotless counters, all knick knacks dusted every day? With the two of you working how "dirty" can your house really be?

To streamline your housework some ideas would be: make your bed as soon as you get up, wash dishes immediately after eating instead of leaving them for the morning, wipe down counters in kitchen after dinner/dishes that way you don't have to do it in the am. When leaving one room to go to another, look around and take anything that needs to be put away in the room you are going to.

I just can't imagine that your house is unfit for company, maybe your expectations are too high and it is really pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships