Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 03:35 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,998 times

Advertisements

Anyone have commitment issue stories? Did ya ever get over it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 03:57 PM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post

I'm sorry, I'd love to participate, but...I'm not quit sure what you mean...sometimes ya gotta draw me pictures...or hit me with a 2 x 4...could you splain?

Last edited by cremebrulee; 11-13-2007 at 04:19 PM..

Old 11-13-2007, 04:49 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
If by committment issues, you mean having reservations (founded or unfounded) about committing yourself to a relationship - then the answer is indubitably yes!

Old 11-13-2007, 05:19 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
Yes, I had problems committing after a long term relationship ended. He cheated on me and manipulated me, so it took a long time for me to trust someone after that. It all worked out and I'm in a very committed relationship now. As far as getting over it, I did for the most part but sometimes I still find myself having trust issues. I keep it under control but my mind does think kooky thoughts once in awhile.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:29 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
My husband kept picking his mom over me, so I kicked him to the curb. That's sort of like a commitment issue.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:08 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
I had commitment issues with two boyfriends and a husband. I had picked out nice guys that weren't very challenging in the smarts department. After three years, I would get bored with their company and never move beyond the honeymoon period/feelings of infatuation and into mature feelings of love. I think I'm all better now that I know what kind of man I should be with. My current boyfriend is amazing.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:43 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,000,881 times
You all are so funny - I mean, who needs prime time tv?

I had a boyfriend with commitment issues. If I had commitment issues, I just ended things.

I hate myself for saying this, but when that book came out 'He's Just not that into you' - well, I haven't read the book, maybe I browsed it at the bookstore, but that was the book I needed in my 20s. I spent so much time saying "why is this guy (not just the one) so hot and cold ..." and there was the answer.

There can also be timing issues, but still.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:11 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,998 times
Sorry if I didn't explain myself very well in the original thread but it seems like you guys all got my point anyway so kudos to all you smart ones!!! The only reason I asked was that it seems that I have a bunch of commitment issues but also I think it has a lot to do with finding the right person but that never seems to work out in the end anyway. I recently was dating someone and realized just how bad I could be. If he gave me any inkling to him liking me more or getting too close I became like a big ol' ICEBURG! So there's my lil input for now...

Old 01-04-2008, 04:59 PM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Yes I do....I've been alone for so long that I have no desire to share life with anyone....sometimes, I do miss the company, but when I do, I think of how at one time I was committed and it was taken for granted. Also, I don't believe I'd be any good at a relationship any longer....I'm just to used to being alone, and love it...???????

Some of my friends still try to fix me up, but there is no way...I'm afraid of a relationship...very comfortable in my skin, used to making my own decissions...love taking vacations alone...going out to dinner, movies...parties...picnics...and when your with someone, your always waiting to see if they want to go, when and where and what time...and I just don't want to deal with it any longer. I'm doing more now, then ever before in my life.

And I believe there are good marriages...

Hugs to anyone who has one.

Creme

Old 01-04-2008, 05:42 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,867,648 times
I've never had commitment issues. I've been lied to, cheated on in the past but realize that every person is different. "Future" mates should not have to bear the burden of past mates. We shouldn't allow our past mates to effect our futures. If someone is fine being alone, then it's all good. But if someone wants to be in a relationship and is paralyzed by fear, they should get help with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships