Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 01:00 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,777,536 times

Advertisements

"what are your plans for the rest of the day? And if you did what was your reason for asking? Someone asked me this last week and I think I gave the wrong answer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2021, 01:15 AM

4,644 posts, read 1,815,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
"what are your plans for the rest of the day? And if you did what was your reason for asking? Someone asked me this last week and I think I gave the wrong answer
What answer did you give?

Old 09-18-2021, 05:50 AM

11,418 posts, read 24,532,036 times
Maybe the person wanted to hang out some more?

Old 09-18-2021, 06:05 AM

62,101 posts, read 87,849,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Probably this ^^^ but I wonder why OP got puzzled by this question...

Old 09-18-2021, 06:13 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,586,868 times
That's a pretty typical question for either me or a date to have asked when meeting for breakfast or brunch. It's part of what people call "making conversation." Heck, it's a question that comes up when I meet even a friend for an early meal or a coffee.

For someone who you've just met, the answer(s) can give you a bit of insight into what sort of person they are (or not) and what they like to do in their off time. Generally this question is something that came up towards the end of the date when we were getting ready to part ways as in "Thanks for meeting up with me. I had a really good time. What's on your agenda for the rest of your day?"

As sometimes a cigar is, indeed, just a cigar, so is a question that merely serves as conversation starter rather than a loaded or pointed question.

Old 09-18-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
That's a pretty typical question for either me or a date to have asked when meeting for breakfast or brunch. It's part of what people call "making conversation." Heck, it's a question that comes up when I meet even a friend for an early meal or a coffee.

For someone who you've just met, the answer(s) can give you a bit of insight into what sort of person they are (or not) and what they like to do in their off time. Generally this question is something that came up towards the end of the date when we were getting ready to part ways as in "Thanks for meeting up with me. I had a really good time. What's on your agenda for the rest of your day?"

As sometimes a cigar is, indeed, just a cigar, so is a question that merely serves as conversation starter rather than a loaded or pointed question.
That;s how I viewed it as making conversation. So I said probably get together with family and watch some football later tonight. I didnt view it as her wanting to spend more time with me.

Old 09-18-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Well I had a woman say........."what else do you want to do? Which was a clear of sign of interest but not...."what are your plans for the rest of the day?

Old 09-18-2021, 01:28 PM

102,315 posts, read 108,503,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
That;s how I viewed it as making conversation. So I said probably get together with family and watch some football later tonight. I didnt view it as her wanting to spend more time with me.
If that was the "wrong" answer, you dodged a bullet. Now you won't have to go on a second date with someone who expects you to be a mind-reader.

Enjoy moving on.

Old 09-18-2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If that was the "wrong" answer, you dodged a bullet. Now you won't have to go on a second date with someone who expects you to be a mind-reader.

Enjoy moving on.

Yes, now another flat out said......"What else do you want to do? Cant get anymore clearer than that

Old 09-21-2021, 02:04 PM

2,184 posts, read 1,102,874 times
Nobody would ask that on a first meeting unless they were needy and clingy and thought they found "the one" and wanted to start the smothering process immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships