Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 11:49 AM

7 posts, read 4,831 times

Advertisements

Hi. I’ve been single for some time after a toxic relationship and I always had a crush on this guy from my past. I decided to reconnect with him via on social media since we don’t live too close.
Him and I always flirted but it was always him the one initiating the conversations with me. I thought he was seriously interested.
The problem is that, for some reason, I feel jealous/insecure about his job. He’s a website designer and works on his own and he has a 2nd job as an English teacher. He teaches in groups or sometimes in private.

I went to one of his English classes one day so I know some of his students. I don’t know if it’s normal but he has a few of his students added as friends on Facebook (both men and women) and one day I saw something weird. One of his ex students from a year ago, who happens to be a female posted a selfie with a bikini top that exposed her boobs. And I saw he had liked that picture! For the record, she’s not a minor. She’s around her 30s but I still felt insecure after seeing this. Do you think he should do that as a teacher or be more professional even though he doesn’t give classes to her anymore? What makes me pissed is that he was already talking to me around that time. I saw him talking to her too but nothing inappropriate, just casual convo. Like she was going on a trip and he wrote: “so where are you heading?”

Now it’s happening again with his web designing job. He’s friends on social media with a female client. It seems that he made a website for her in the past for her drawings because she’s an illustrator. I don’t know if they met online because she’s from a different city. Well, I’ve seen him complimenting her work and even uses smiley faces when he talks to her and reacts with hearts instead of just putting a like on her posts. Why would he use hearts? Please tell me if this is professional. It’s not like he knows her on a deep level unless he wants to be flirty with her, I really don’t see a reason to react with hearts.

What doesn’t sit well with me is that he almost never used smiley faces (emojis) while talking to me but he does it with his client. He doesn’t use hearts either, which makes me feel like he doesn’t like me too much. I’m scared he’s just a big flirt or a player. Do you think it’s normal for someone to be too friendly with his clients or students or the people he works with in general? I know he has to network and make connections, especially as a web designer but I’m worried. I feel that he’s a little TOO friendly.

Old 10-09-2022, 11:52 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Are you actually in a relationship with this guy, or are you just mostly social media buddies?

Old 10-09-2022, 11:57 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,559,245 times
You don't live that close to one another and you don't trust him.

The wisest course of action would be to leave this crush from your past in the past and move on.

Old 10-09-2022, 12:01 PM

61,679 posts, read 87,077,794 times
You have a crush on this guy, he doesn't have crush on you.
He seems to be just friendly with everyone. It helps his business.
There is nothing going on between you two, so stop being jealous. It's destructive.

Old 10-09-2022, 12:02 PM

2,045 posts, read 784,275 times
You're not in a committed relationship with him.

It's a 'you problem,' not a 'him problem.'

Leave him alone.

Old 10-09-2022, 01:07 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Yeah agree with the above.

This is just a crush that the OP never dated and was never in a formal relationship with.

Why is she expending all this time, effort, and jealousy on something that's not even there in the first place?

Be in a committed relationship first, then figure out how things are going. Cart before the horse and all.

Old 10-09-2022, 03:26 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Maybe you should start wearing a bikini top so he could like your photos too.

Old 10-09-2022, 03:29 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Monitoring his social media and showing up at his workplace makes you a creepy stalker.

Old 10-09-2022, 05:04 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,220,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemoon741 View Post
Hi. I’ve been single for some time after a toxic relationship and I always had a crush on this guy from my past. I decided to reconnect with him via on social media since we don’t live too close.
Him and I always flirted but it was always him the one initiating the conversations with me. I thought he was seriously interested.
The problem is that, for some reason, I feel jealous/insecure about his job. He’s a website designer and works on his own and he has a 2nd job as an English teacher. He teaches in groups or sometimes in private.

I went to one of his English classes one day so I know some of his students. I don’t know if it’s normal but he has a few of his students added as friends on Facebook (both men and women) and one day I saw something weird. One of his ex students from a year ago, who happens to be a female posted a selfie with a bikini top that exposed her boobs. And I saw he had liked that picture! For the record, she’s not a minor. She’s around her 30s but I still felt insecure after seeing this. Do you think he should do that as a teacher or be more professional even though he doesn’t give classes to her anymore? What makes me pissed is that he was already talking to me around that time. I saw him talking to her too but nothing inappropriate, just casual convo. Like she was going on a trip and he wrote: “so where are you heading?”

Now it’s happening again with his web designing job. He’s friends on social media with a female client. It seems that he made a website for her in the past for her drawings because she’s an illustrator. I don’t know if they met online because she’s from a different city. Well, I’ve seen him complimenting her work and even uses smiley faces when he talks to her and reacts with hearts instead of just putting a like on her posts. Why would he use hearts? Please tell me if this is professional. It’s not like he knows her on a deep level unless he wants to be flirty with her, I really don’t see a reason to react with hearts.

What doesn’t sit well with me is that he almost never used smiley faces (emojis) while talking to me but he does it with his client. He doesn’t use hearts either, which makes me feel like he doesn’t like me too much. I’m scared he’s just a big flirt or a player. Do you think it’s normal for someone to be too friendly with his clients or students or the people he works with in general? I know he has to network and make connections, especially as a web designer but I’m worried. I feel that he’s a little TOO friendly.
So you said you were in a toxic relationship prior was this your first relationship was it your third or fourth if the latter how many relationships have you been in that were toxic?

There's something called the dark triad. It's a collection of personality flaws that a lot of people find themselves attracted to. If this is just another possible toxic relationship and a litany of toxic relationships you must be aware that the problem is probably you.

Why do you want these guys what is it that attracts you to them if you can't answer these things I recommend seeking a therapist to help you sort them out.

That would stay as far away from this guy as you possibly can until you sort these things out. People really really need to start taking their mental health seriously

Old 10-09-2022, 05:51 PM

6,862 posts, read 4,856,991 times
A relationship with him isn't practical as he's long distance so all of your other concerns are moot.

There is no reason for you to be jealous. You are not in a relationship with him. Your fixations on who he responds to and how he responds and who he likes is not normal. I would suggest you stop looking at Facebook or anything that pertains to him and seek to out some mental health help. You are in desperate need of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships