Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 10:21 AM

55 posts, read 124,294 times

Advertisements

Ok I am all for my ladies and being faithful... I have a friend that is married... She has been married for I think 3 years now... I dont know what has gotten into her... She is thinking about other men... I guess you could say that she wants to cheat? I dont know what else she wants.. I have never asked her... I dont want her to think that I am assuming? She tells me that she likes these other guys and she has a connection with them? And she does... She has never cheated on her husband before. Actually she has never cheated on no one... We are best friends and I know she hasnt.. I dont want her to ruin this marriage... She does anything and everything for this man... She honestly loves him... Lets just say that she would rather provide for him, before she would buy for herself. But shes miserable I CAN see that. She never mentions any marriage problems. She definately would tell me if they were having problems... I dont know what to do to help her anymore? I have asked questions about these guys and she would get a glow on her face, one in particular? I dont know what to do....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 10:25 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onethatsbroken View Post
Ok I am all for my ladies and being faithful... I have a friend that is married... She has been married for I think 3 years now... I dont know what has gotten into her... She is thinking about other men... I guess you could say that she wants to cheat? I dont know what else she wants.. I have never asked her... I dont want her to think that I am assuming? She tells me that she likes these other guys and she has a connection with them? And she does... She has never cheated on her husband before. Actually she has never cheated on no one... We are best friends and I know she hasnt.. I dont want her to ruin this marriage... She does anything and everything for this man... She honestly loves him... Lets just say that she would rather provide for him, before she would buy for herself. But shes miserable I CAN see that. She never mentions any marriage problems. She definately would tell me if they were having problems... I dont know what to do to help her anymore? I have asked questions about these guys and she would get a glow on her face, one in particular? I dont know what to do....
Some people are not meant to be married and feel suffocated even without visible problems present.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:26 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Sounds like your friend isn't very mature in some ways. Because, now that the honeymoon is over and she's getting on to the business of making a life with somebody else, it's not as much fun. She misses the high of getting to know somebody new, the courtship, the flirting, and all that other stuff. Heck, who doesn't from time to time look back and with for that wonderful feeling one got when the relationship is new?

You mentioned that she's doing everything for her husband. Could it be perhaps that she's beginning to feel like his servant rather than his wife? And is it self-inflicted?

All that being said, it sounds like she's having contact with men outside the realm of what should really be appropriate. So she hasn't cheated. Yet.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,239 times
Quote:

Cheating is never the answer.....if she is unhappy in her relationship she should focus on that and file for divorce before she jumps to the next guy.....grass is always greener except for that it's really not......so as long as she is doing it for the right reasons

Old 07-29-2008, 10:44 AM

So what should I do?? What do I say?? How do I do it???

Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 AM

or do I leave it alone???

Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,239 times
Personally.....I would tell her that if she is truly unhappy and she wants to move on then she needs to file for divorce. After that if she wants to date or whatever then tell her to go for it but make sure shes not banking on some fairy tale relationship because it just doesn't work that way.....just be strait up with her....it will be best for her if you don't beat around the bush.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:54 AM

Well the thing I do know is that,

1. He fishes alot!
2. He doesnt take care of his home... cutting grass, picking up yard, etc..
3. His son lives with his mom, from previous marriage... LONG story...
4. He gives her money and then gives her greif about it... makes her feel bad...

This was a month ago we had a *small* conversation about that, but other than that she has never said she wants to leave him or that they are fighting.?.? I know that when they first got married he was not this bad it has gotten worse with him.

Maybe she is looking for the attention in other men that shes not getting from him? She values everything about her life. Her home her child *from previous marriage*

She was raised that divorse is not acceptable. But she is dying inside I can see that... She is depressed stays home. Doesnt call me or her family anymore. Just stays home and waits on him to get home... I dont know if she is his *slave* she does anything and everything for anyone she knows not just him.. Thats why this is so difficult

Old 07-29-2008, 11:46 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
or do I leave it alone???
Butt out. Unless she comes to you for advice, don't give it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships