Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 06:28 AM

28,921 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

I am Angry Because

1. People are more concerned with greed then doing what is right
2. Washington hasn't got a clue as to what they are doing
3. both candidates running for President, are loosers
4. We, America, is no longer a world power
5. There was another cop killed in Philly last night...4th one
6. I took apart a light switch to install and dimmer switch and messed it up
7. My son married a woman who is so insecure and Jealous, she has finally managed to sever our relationship.
8. I'm scared b/c crime is running rampid and way ahead of all the police, due to all the gangs coming into this country illegally.
9. My son was home, he never called, or bought my grand-daughter down to see me
10. I'm worried, that this country is headed for disaster

Is anyone else angry about somethin?

on the other hand

I've got a great home, good neighbors, many wonderful friends and a family I adore.
I've got a job, a car, and have been a great many places in my life...but most of all, I'm alive and well...

Last edited by cremebrulee; 09-24-2008 at 08:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 07:03 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
It's understandable. It's easy to be angry nowadays.

Lest this turn into a political thread, however, I would offer than we are all responsible for the current financial mess we're in. We have not demanded accountability from Washington, we have treated government like an endless cash machine to be relied on for largesse, and we have ignored the principles of personal finance by not saving and borrowing money to own a big screen television or a Caribbean cruise.

We have allowed our inner cities to rot, we have allowed thugs to take over our neighborhoods, and we have been lazy parents who have raised a generation of self-centered and materialistic brats. We have ignored manners and consideration for others as hopelessly archaic and demeaning, forgetting that civility and mutual trust are the cornerstones of civilized life. We have walked into the voting booth thinking, "What's in it for me?" rather than thinking, "What's best for the country?" We have allowed both the Democrats and the Republicans to serve almost exclusively the very narrowly-defined interests of small and militant constituencies while we have gone about our work and daily lives.

We have watched too much E! on television and not enough C-Span. We have not attended school board meetings, public hearings, and city council meetings because we wanted to watch Dancing With The Stars or American Idol. We have bought cars for our 16-year-olds and mobile phones for our 9-year-olds. We have checked out of the governance of our country and our lives to enjoy material comfort--and we are now about to pay a very heavy price.

Want the country to be a better place? Then the first step is to blame ourselves for our apathy and our willingness to take the path of least resistance. For it has been the little things that have damned us. The perfect example? The four-dollar cup of coffee at Starbucks you get on the way to work. Hey, it's only four bucks a day. That's twenty bucks a week. That's eighty bucks a month. That's a thousand bucks a year. That's two thousand bucks a year of pre-tax income. Yet the same people who get that cup of Starbucks as part of their morning ritual will complain that they don't have enough money to make the mortgage payment or pay down the Visa.

So, we're going to endure a lot over the next few years. But maybe the pain is really a matter of using muscles that we've forgotten we had. For we have become fat and lazy as a country. And now it's time to get back into shape.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:20 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I am Angry Because

That's human nature - nothing to be done about it.

Quote:
That's political nature - nothing to be done about it.

Quote:
Ibid

Quote:
And that's bad because...?

It might actually save a lot of money and keep us out of more wars...

Quote:
Regrettable, but they know the risks of the job when they take it.

Quote:
A wiring mishap is easily fixed by either experimentation or grabbing the first handy person in sight.

Quote:
7. My son married a woman who is so insecure and Jealous, she has finally managed to sever our relationship.
Perhaps you're better off...

Quote:
8. I'm scared b/c crime is running rampid and way ahead of all the police, due to all the gangs coming into this country illegally.
It's been that way for a while - take a self-defense class / get a permit to carry.

Quote:
Spank him.

Quote:
The country might very well be; just take care of you and yours, and you'll survive.

Quote:
on the other hand

I've got a great home, good neighbors, many wonderful friends and a family I adore.
I've got a job, a car, and have been a great many places in my life...but most of all, I'm alive and well...
Sounds like those outweigh the negatives.

By a mile.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:24 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I am Angry Because

on the other hand

Awwww Creme I'm sorry life happens I guess and there are bound to always be things that don't go your way.....I think there's a song for this....."lucky man" by Montgomery Gentry.... it's a good song, sounds like it might get ya' in a better mood ......

Lyrics....

I have days where I hate my job,
This little town and the whole world too
And last sunday when the (insert your sports team) lost
Lord it put me in a bad mood

I have moments when I curse the rain
Then complain when the suns too hot
I look around at what everyone has
And I forget about all I've got

[chorus]
But I know Im a lucky man
Gods given me a pretty fair hand
Got a house and piece of land
A few dollars in a coffee can
My old trucks still runnin' good
My tickers tickin like they say it should
I've got supper in the oven
A good woman's lovin
And one more day to be my little kids dad
Lord knows I'm a lucky man

Got some friends that would be here fast
I could call em any time of day
Got a brother who's got my back
Got a momma who I swears a saint
Got a brand new rod and reel
Got a full week off this year
Dad had a close call last spring
It's a miracle he's still here

[chorus]

I got supper in the oven
A good womans lovin'
And even my bad days aint that bad
Yeah I'm a lucky man

I'm a lucky, lucky man

Old 09-24-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Awwww Creme I'm sorry life happens I guess and there are bound to always be things that don't go your way.....I think there's a song for this....."lucky man" by Montgomery Gentry.... it's a good song, sounds like it might get ya' in a better mood ......

Lyrics....

I have days where I hate my job,
This little town and the whole world too
And last sunday when the (insert your sports team) lost
Lord it put me in a bad mood

I have moments when I curse the rain
Then complain when the suns too hot
I look around at what everyone has
And I forget about all I've got

[chorus]
But I know Im a lucky man
Gods given me a pretty fair hand
Got a house and piece of land
A few dollars in a coffee can
I've got supper in the oven
A good woman's lovin
And one more day to be my little kids dad
Lord knows I'm a lucky man

Got some friends that would be here fast
I could call em any time of day
Got a brother who's got my back
Got a momma who I swears a saint
Got a brand new rod and reel
Got a full week off this year
Dad had a close call last spring
It's a miracle he's still here

[chorus]

I got supper in the oven
A good womans lovin'
And even my bad days aint that bad
Yeah I'm a lucky man

I'm a lucky, lucky man
thanks, couldn't give you reps...now I'm really mad...

Old 09-24-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It's understandable. It's easy to be angry nowadays.

Lest this turn into a political thread, however, I would offer than we are all responsible for the current financial mess we're in. We have not demanded accountability from Washington, we have treated government like an endless cash machine to be relied on for largesse, and we have ignored the principles of personal finance by not saving and borrowing money to own a big screen television or a Caribbean cruise.

We have allowed our inner cities to rot, we have allowed thugs to take over our neighborhoods, and we have been lazy parents who have raised a generation of self-centered and materialistic brats. We have ignored manners and consideration for others as hopelessly archaic and demeaning, forgetting that civility and mutual trust are the cornerstones of civilized life. We have walked into the voting booth thinking, "What's in it for me?" rather than thinking, "What's best for the country?" We have allowed both the Democrats and the Republicans to serve almost exclusively the very narrowly-defined interests of small and militant constituencies while we have gone about our work and daily lives.

We have watched too much E! on television and not enough C-Span. We have not attended school board meetings, public hearings, and city council meetings because we wanted to watch Dancing With The Stars or American Idol. We have bought cars for our 16-year-olds and mobile phones for our 9-year-olds. We have checked out of the governance of our country and our lives to enjoy material comfort--and we are now about to pay a very heavy price.

Want the country to be a better place? Then the first step is to blame ourselves for our apathy and our willingness to take the path of least resistance. For it has been the little things that have damned us. The perfect example? The four-dollar cup of coffee at Starbucks you get on the way to work. Hey, it's only four bucks a day. That's twenty bucks a week. That's eighty bucks a month. That's a thousand bucks a year. That's two thousand bucks a year of pre-tax income. Yet the same people who get that cup of Starbucks as part of their morning ritual will complain that they don't have enough money to make the mortgage payment or pay down the Visa.

So, we're going to endure a lot over the next few years. But maybe the pain is really a matter of using muscles that we've forgotten we had. For we have become fat and lazy as a country. And now it's time to get back into shape.

I agree...tried to rep you, but you know the drilll, thanks
creme

Old 09-24-2008, 09:41 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Creme,
We have lost our focus on what is important in our homes, communities, and our country. It is quite sad. Our moral compasses are off kilter and no one knows how to get us back in check...or, we can not work together to come to an understanding to recalibrate it.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:45 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Our moral compasses are off kilter and no one knows how to get us back in check...or, we can not work together to come to an understanding to recalibrate it.
Well, perhaps that's because not everyone buys into the "morality" morass...

Old 09-24-2008, 10:11 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,472,593 times
TOM s In town

Old 09-24-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Creme,
We have lost our focus on what is important in our homes, communities, and our country. It is quite sad. Our moral compasses are off kilter and no one knows how to get us back in check...or, we can not work together to come to an understanding to recalibrate it.
yes, indeed, and it's so sad...but last night on the way home, breaking news came on the radio...another cop was shot to death in Philly, 30 years old, 3 young kids...I understand he was a tremendous young man and husband. I cried all the way home...this is the forth one this year...my son's a cop not in Philly, but it made me very sad.

Thanks for coming in to post...I've missed you.

Hugs
Creme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships