Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 07:09 PM

17 posts, read 54,243 times

Advertisements

I’m in a bad mood again, so here are some that I forgot to include in my original list:

1. The ones who join the site just for Friendship and nothing else. Why on earth would you join a DATING site for nothing more than friendship??? That’s like going to Pizza Hut for a tuna fish sandwich. There are so many other sites you can join if friendship is all you want; when you go to a dating site for that sort of thing, you’re gumming up the works and wasting people’s time. It’s very annoying when I click the picture of an intriguing-looking woman only to find out that she’s looking for Friends Only. You’re like that person at the front of a long line of people waiting to jump into a swimming pool, but all you’re doing is sticking your toe in because you’re too scared to take the plunge. Either take the damn plunge or Mod cut: Inappropriate language. I HATE wimpy women!

2. The ones who go on and on about how much they love to TRAVEL and how great TRAVEL is and how they can’t wait to TRAVEL again and how perfect the universe would be if everyone TRAVELLED and how there would be no more wars or hurricanes or hunger in this world if only everyone TRAVELLED and how the national anthem would sound so much better if it were renamed “The Star-Spangled TRAVEL” and how there should be an ice cream flavor called TRAVEL so that you can go into an ice cream parlor and say “Could I have some TRAVEL please?”. TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL! It seems like nearly every woman on earth loves to TRAVEL!! This is annoying for three reasons. First, travel is overrated; it’s okay, but certainly not the best thing since red velvet cake. Second, I suspect that some of these women use travel as a convenient crutch: they believe it somehow makes them more interesting and/or cultured and/or sophisticated than they really are. Well, newsflash: if you’re a dull, uninteresting, vapid person before you go to Egypt, you will probably still be a dull, uninteresting, vapid person when you come back from Egypt. On a related note: A lot of these women spend half of their profile listing all the places they’ve travelled to, as if this is supposed to impress guys. Women, trust me on this one: guys are NOT AT ALL impressed by the number of places you’ve travelled to. I don’t think there’s a man on earth who’s sitting in his room right now, thinking “Hmm, she’s really attractive, but she’s never left the United States, so I’ll skip over her.” And third: it’s REALLY annoying when these women request that the guy also love travel just as much as she does. In fact, some of these women imply that a lack of excessive interest in travel (on the part of the guy) is a dealbreaker. Come on, women--is that really fair? I’m sure you wouldn’t like it if a guy who loves to play videogames all day or binge-watch 1970’s kung-fu movies once a month says he has no interest in any woman who’s not also into those things.

3. The ones who describe their personality with these weird initialisms like ENTJ or ISTP. It turns out that “ENTJ” stands for Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and Judging, and “ISTP” stands for Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceptive. Mod cut: Inappropriate language.

4. The ones who feel the need to point out that people often say they look younger than their age. I’m sorry, but that just reeks of insecurity and borderline desperation. We can tell from the pictures if you look younger than your age; we don’t need you to point it out to us. And do I need to remind you that Insecurity and Desperation are pretty high on the list of Top Sexual Turn-Offs? I actually think it’s very sexy (not to mention admirable and respectable) when a 50-year-old woman owns and accepts her age, whether she looks it or not.

5. The ones who love alcohol so much that they have a problem with guys who don’t drink. So just because you drink, the guy you’re with has to drink too? How childish is that?? The most common reason these women give for making teetotalism a dealbreaker is that a lot of non-drinkers are judgmental. While SOME non-drinkers are judgmental, I’m sure there are just as many (if not more) who aren’t judgmental (I’m certainly one of them). I’ve been on dates with women who are drinkers and I’ve never judged them. Automatically assuming that a non-drinker is a judgmental a$$hole is just as bad as a non-drinker automatically assuming that all drinkers are loud, obnoxious, insensitive, senseless losers.

6. The ones who love misogynistic rappers like Eminem, DMX, etc. I don’t understand how any self-respecting woman could like that kind of rap.

7. The ones who use clichéd sayings that are more worn out than Santa’s reindeer on December 26. If I see “I’m looking for my last first date” or “I’m looking for my last first kiss” or “I’m looking for someone who’s interested and interesting,” I’m going to barf up a lung, I swear.

Well, I guess that’s it for now. Feel free to add to the list or endorse it or attack it.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-05-2014 at 06:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 07:13 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,086 times
So I guess no one is replying to your messages, eh??

Old 08-04-2014, 07:25 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyHarry View Post
I don’t think there’s a man on earth who’s sitting in his room right now, thinking “Hmm, she’s really attractive, but she’s never left the United States, so I’ll skip over her.”
Guys do say that. We even had a thread about it, last week.

Quote:
4. The ones who feel the need to point out that people often say they look younger than their age. I’m sorry, but that just reeks of insecurity and borderline desperation.
Every guy over 40 on OKC says this. <barfs delicately>

Old 08-04-2014, 08:06 PM

284 posts, read 341,056 times
Quote:
I’m in a bad mood again, so here are some that I forgot to include in my original list:

1. The ones who join the site just for Friendship and nothing else. Why on earth would you join a DATING site for nothing more than friendship??? That’s like going to Pizza Hut for a tuna fish sandwich. There are so many other sites you can join if friendship is all you want; when you go to a dating site for that sort of thing, you’re gumming up the works and wasting people’s time. It’s very annoying when I click the picture of an intriguing-looking woman only to find out that she’s looking for Friends Only. You’re like that person at the front of a long line of people waiting to jump into a swimming pool, but all you’re doing is sticking your toe in because you’re too scared to take the plunge. Either take the damn plunge or [Snip.]

2. The ones who go on and on about how much they love to TRAVEL and how great TRAVEL is and how they can’t wait to TRAVEL again and how perfect the universe would be if everyone TRAVELLED and how there would be no more wars or hurricanes or hunger in this world if only everyone TRAVELLED and how the national anthem would sound so much better if it were renamed “The Star-Spangled TRAVEL” and how there should be an ice cream flavor called TRAVEL so that you can go into an ice cream parlor and say “Could I have some TRAVEL please?”. TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL! It seems like nearly every woman on earth loves to TRAVEL!! This is annoying for three reasons. First, travel is overrated; it’s okay, but certainly not the best thing since red velvet cake. Second, I suspect that some of these women use travel as a convenient crutch: they believe it somehow makes them more interesting and/or cultured and/or sophisticated than they really are. Well, newsflash: if you’re a dull, uninteresting, vapid person before you go to Egypt, you will probably still be a dull, uninteresting, vapid person when you come back from Egypt. On a related note: A lot of these women spend half of their profile listing all the places they’ve travelled to, as if this is supposed to impress guys. Women, trust me on this one: guys are NOT AT ALL impressed by the number of places you’ve travelled to. I don’t think there’s a man on earth who’s sitting in his room right now, thinking “Hmm, she’s really attractive, but she’s never left the United States, so I’ll skip over her.” And third: it’s REALLY annoying when these women request that the guy also love travel just as much as she does. In fact, some of these women imply that a lack of excessive interest in travel (on the part of the guy) is a dealbreaker. Come on, women--is that really fair? I’m sure you wouldn’t like it if a guy who loves to play videogames all day or binge-watch 1970’s kung-fu movies once a month says he has no interest in any woman who’s not also into those things.

3. The ones who describe their personality with these weird initialisms like ENTJ or ISTP. It turns out that “ENTJ” stands for Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and Judging, and “ISTP” stands for Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceptive. [Snip.]

4. The ones who feel the need to point out that people often say they look younger than their age. I’m sorry, but that just reeks of insecurity and borderline desperation. We can tell from the pictures if you look younger than your age; we don’t need you to point it out to us. And do I need to remind you that Insecurity and Desperation are pretty high on the list of Top Sexual Turn-Offs? I actually think it’s very sexy (not to mention admirable and respectable) when a 50-year-old woman owns and accepts her age, whether she looks it or not.

5. The ones who love alcohol so much that they have a problem with guys who don’t drink. So just because you drink, the guy you’re with has to drink too? How childish is that?? The most common reason these women give for making teetotalism a dealbreaker is that a lot of non-drinkers are judgmental. While SOME non-drinkers are judgmental, I’m sure there are just as many (if not more) who aren’t judgmental (I’m certainly one of them). I’ve been on dates with women who are drinkers and I’ve never judged them. Automatically assuming that a non-drinker is a judgmental a$$hole is just as bad as a non-drinker automatically assuming that all drinkers are loud, obnoxious, insensitive, senseless losers.

6. The ones who love misogynistic rappers like Eminem, DMX, etc. I don’t understand how any self-respecting woman could like that kind of rap.

7. The ones who use clichéd sayings that are more worn out than Santa’s reindeer on December 26. If I see “I’m looking for my last first date” or “I’m looking for my last first kiss” or “I’m looking for someone who’s interested and interesting,” I’m going to barf up a lung, I swear.

Well, I guess that’s it for now. Feel free to add to the list or endorse it or attack it.
Sorry, didn't have time to read this wordy diatribe/pity party.

Below are some solutions for you:

1. Get off your arse and actually meet people.

2. Hire a personal matchmaker service which will be tailored towards your very specific needs.

3. Take a walk or start working out (studies show this to be a good treatment for mood problems and/or boredom)

4. Consider obtaining a prescription for Xanax or something to calm you down. I think you might actually do well with long-term Seroquel use.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-05-2014 at 06:46 PM..

Old 08-04-2014, 08:09 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
1,2, and 5 I can't agree with

Old 08-04-2014, 08:12 PM

175 posts, read 315,396 times
I have been around the block a few times, please allow me to translate for you. My responses are in red.

Quote:

1. The ones who join the site just for Friendship and nothing else. Why on earth would you join a DATING site for nothing more than friendship??? That’s like going to Pizza Hut for a tuna fish sandwich. There are so many other sites you can join if friendship is all you want; when you go to a dating site for that sort of thing, you’re gumming up the works and wasting people’s time. It’s very annoying when I click the picture of an intriguing-looking woman only to find out that she’s looking for Friends Only. You’re like that person at the front of a long line of people waiting to jump into a swimming pool, but all you’re doing is sticking your toe in because you’re too scared to take the plunge. Either take the damn plunge or [Mod snip.]

I want to have some guy take me out and I don't have to pay for it. I have no friends and am looking for someone to fill in the dead time while looking for Mr. Perfect. (Usually waiting for her high school sweetheart to get out of prison in 25 more years)

Again, I want to travel and have YOU pay for it. I pulled every last dime out of my ex, so now it is your turn.

3. The ones who describe their personality with these weird initialisms like ENTJ or ISTP. It turns out that “ENTJ” stands for Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and Judging, and “ISTP” stands for Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceptive. [Mod snip.]

I'm smart. Your dumb. You need me to tell you how to live your life. I am very insecure and demanding, you need to obey me and jump at my every whim.

I'm actually looking for some 20 year old stud muffin. You should be very glad to go on a date with me. I will talk to you, maybe, while I'm undressing the gorgeous young waiter with my eyes and sending him body language signals that I am in heat. Oh yeah, don't forget to pick up the check slave.

I am a closet alcoholic. BUY ME MORE DRINKS. I have no more money and need some one to feed my habit. I promise I will try not to throw up in your car or on you. If I pass out, then you may get lucky. And trust me, I will scream rape afterwards.

I am a 40 something wanna be teenager who has not sorted out my emotions. I want to be treated like a princess, but will take any attention I can. Even if it is a beating. Thugs are just so sexy. And when I land one, he will change and treat me great. Just like the last 9 or 10 I was with. You are just filler.

I am a 37 year old man living in the basement of my mother's house in Gary Indiana. I like it here because I can sit around in my underwear all day getting men to answer my WFM personal ads. Some guy in Russia pays me 50 cents for every picture I steal from my fake personal ads.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-05-2014 at 06:48 PM..

Old 08-04-2014, 08:32 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times
For men....

Online dating should be a supplement to regular interaction with women.

NOT A REPLACEMENT.

No woman can truly assess how great of a guy you are based off your profile and pics.

Get out there and start interacting with these women.

Don't take rejection you receive from online dating seriously.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:23 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,865,539 times
Quote:
I’m in a bad mood again
You can say that again! (But please don't.)

Old 08-04-2014, 09:36 PM

214 posts, read 206,966 times
Quote:
1. The ones who join the site just for Friendship and nothing else.
This I think is just you because you're basically "man on a mission." I mean, even if she just wants to be friends, that's still a chance to get your foot in the door, so to speak. If I was interested in woman, I'd go ahead even if she just wanted to be friends. And then if she started talking about her husband, you just delete her, LOL.

Quote:
2. The ones who go on and on about how much they love to TRAVEL
This is basically just woman-talk for "I'm exciting and adventurous." That's really all it means. Again, if I thought a woman was hot and she wrote (and I've seen this) "don't even talk to me unless you have a passport that's full," I'd still talk to her and see what happens. If she's just droning on about her next vacation, I'd just delete her, LOL.

Quote:
3. The ones who describe their personality with these weird initialisms like ENTJ or ISTP.
That's just the new version of "I'm a Libra," I'm desperate for a cosmic sign that we fit together. See above. Just talk to her and if she's painfully empty-headed and wants to cleanse your aura, just delete her.

Quote:
4. The ones who feel the need to point out that people often say they look younger than their age.
This one is easy because she has a profile pic. So either she's at least somewhat telling the truth or you can just laugh at her and move on.

Quote:
5. The ones who love alcohol so much that they have a problem with guys who don’t drink.
I wouldn't know this because I filter out women who drink "moderately." Most women try to play it the other way, where they say "I'm over the bar scene." As I wrote in another thread, to me that means "I had my fun and now you get me when I'm getting old and desperate."

Quote:
I can't see ever having a relationship with any woman who was into rap, since I could never take her seriously. That's white trash all the way.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:45 PM

733 posts, read 1,756,719 times
Quote:
\
1. The ones who join the site just for Friendship and nothing else.
As someone else stated, I don't let this bother me. If I like what I read on someones profile, I'll talk regardless. I mean, let's be honest...what's the chances of their relationship lasting forever? Just DON'T try to break them up. I've talked to girls who I was interested in that were currently in a relationship many times. I never hit on them, mainly because I wouldn't want that done to me if I was in a relationship. I knew that if we stayed friends for long enough, I may eventually get the chance to date them. Relationships are about waiting. You simply can't message someone for the first time then be dating them three messages later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships