Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 01:57 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,215,716 times

Advertisements

About a month ago, me & my wife decided to split up, we both made the descision, and although it hurt, we knew it was for the best. We were fighting nonstop, and the kids were seeing us fight constantly. Thyre were some issues we had [difference in parenting styles, my insecurity and jealousy, her temper] which are issues onto themselves, but somethings that could have been worked out. Anyway.......i love my wife, i love her dearly, i miss her, i a pray everyday for her to come back to me. She has alot of issues though, alot, shes materialistic, very bad w money, bad temper, which because i love her i put up with. We talk about reconsiliation, but now i dont know, in this month ive been by myself, ive managed to get all my finances together, she left me really bad in debt, really bad! I want her back i do, she turns me on so much, as long as i dont see her, im good, but when i see her, i just melt, i give in and become a lil puppy, its like i love her but deep down inside i know shes not good for me, but i know if i let her go, im going to die when i see her with somebody else, its going to kill me. Right now she calls me when she needs stuff, and as much as i wish i could tell her no, i cant, i love her, and i love my kids, i dont know what to do. Shes the perfect specimen, and i know thats a shallow comment, but she teases me, for me to help her when she needs help, we got married by church, i dont want to give up my marriage either, but she has alot of growing up and maturing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 02:02 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
I was going to tell you to run........fast until u mentioned the kid thing. U are going to have to remain civil since you will still be seeing each other for life.
Personally, you need to start dating so that she isn't such a draw for u. That is if you are sure u won't be getting back together. Once you find another you will be able to sort out your wants and needs easier. Living with someone who has a nasty temper is a slow death.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:05 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,038,990 times
The role is now reversed: instead of your strong arms around her, its now her femanine arms around you. She now wears the trousers. Any woman who can control a man becomes the Alpha. Its a ****ed up cycle of feminissism.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:34 PM

The role is now reversed: instead of your strong arms around her, its now her femanine arms around you. She now wears the trousers. Any woman who can control a man becomes the Alpha. Its a ****ed up cycle of feminissism.

i agree, i guess in a dumb way, i think that by helping her, shell realize what she lost, and want to come back to me, this girl [my wife] has me not p#ssy wooped, but t@tty wooped, she just rubs those those things up on me, and im there like a lil puppy, i love them and i miss them.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:38 PM

i aint ready to date, i still love her, it wouldnt be fair to anybody, right now were talking about getting back together, but i wish she would get her stuff together, cuz her physical dont match her heart sometimes and i know as much as i want her back, if we get back together, were going to end up fighting again. and i dont want that.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:40 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,740,681 times
Is she the type of woamn that's very pretty but materialistic / high maintenance?

Old 10-18-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Is she the type of woamn that's very pretty but materialistic / high maintenance?

yup thats her, shes the "princess" type, thats why im in debt up to the cazoo cuz of her she has a pure heart, she helped me out of a very hard situation in my life, i guess thats why im loyal to her, plus she was a really good stepmom to my kiddos, and thats something i dont overlook, she supported me when i took my kids away from my ex wife,and was an excellent mom to them. Shes not perfect in anyway, she has her good and her bad qualitys.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:52 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,038,990 times
Your her bank.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:02 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
welp,all I can suggest is weigh out what hurts more,dealing with her crap or being without her and then make a choice to be spineless or heartbroken.Which if you decide to be spineless might leave you heart broken in the end anyway not to mention just broke also.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:08 PM

754 posts, read 1,448,804 times
Since I've never been married I do feel as if I'm not qualified to give my opinion, but since that's never stopped me before here it is . It does sound like she's manipulating you. This is not an expression of love and you need to take off the rose colored glasses and realize that. I'm not sure if she's just immature about money or if she married you expecting a different lifestyle but if you two don't sort this out you'll never be happy.

You have to love yourself first, and realize what you can and can't live with so I think taking this break is a very good idea. Since the majority of divorces are due to money issues, this is a very big deal. Don't think that because your heart is breaking now that it's always going to be this way. It's only been a month, give yourself time. Eventually you will begin to look at her for exactly who she is good and bad. The effect she has on you will lessen and you will be able to move on from the relationship if that's what you choose to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships