Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,000 times

Advertisements

Were you ever doing your job and dealing with a customer who started talking like they know how to do YOUR job. Then they start trying to TELL you what to do........ DON'T DO THIS! It's insulting to the people TRYING to do their job!

Now I know there are some people who are COMPLETELY incompetent and you can usually tell. But when someone is working hard to fix an issue you have, don't butt in trying to tell them how to do it.

What's amusing is when people try to tell you how to do something because they "googled" it and they don't know the lingo and they don't ACTUALLY know what they're talking about AT all........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 05:23 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice1 View Post
Were you ever doing your job and dealing with a customer who started talking like they know how to do YOUR job. Then they start trying to TELL you what to do........ DON'T DO THIS! It's insulting to the people TRYING to do their job!

Now I know there are some people who are COMPLETELY incompetent and you can usually tell. But when someone is working hard to fix an issue you have, don't butt in trying to tell them how to do it.

What's amusing is when people try to tell you how to do something because they "googled" it and they don't know the lingo and they don't ACTUALLY know what they're talking about AT all........
Yep, I leave. Drop the derrick and move to the road.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:30 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
I get people that buy Lexus keys on ebay (trying to get them cheaper) and they want us to make a copy. We tell them those keys will not work in our machine and they still insist. So we cut the key, get them on their way then an hour later they come back saying the key didn't work. If they would have listened in first place.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:38 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice1 View Post

OMG EVERYDAY!!!! lol....maybe I should print this out and post it for my 7th graders who think they know it all lol.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:54 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Yes, quite often hear about the 'cost and production' of fuel, but its usually from people who think electricity comes from the wall.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:03 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Yes, quite often hear about the 'cost and production' of fuel, but its usually from people who think electricity comes from the wall.
KENAI_RIG7_SURF_MUSIC.wmv - pics - BADONGO Here is where some starts.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:07 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
in a positive vein, the best of all are ex-waitresses, because they leave the biggest tips saying "I know what you have to put up with". They also tell the men they are with "Leave a bigger tip, I use to waitress, so just double what you were going to leave." They are the best and most generous

Old 12-01-2008, 08:36 AM

1,667 posts, read 9,383,205 times
Yep, this happens every day. It must be human nature, the need to know more than the person who is "serving" you. The opposite is also true, whereas customers expect me to know about them. I delivered heat fuel to homes once. Customers ask, "How long will 100 gallons last me?" and "How much will it cost next month?" Finally, I got a crystal ball and everything is OK now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships