Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 03:18 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
He might be offering financial support and gifts galore and good sex.
If it's not one thing, it's another that females don't like about a Man either right away or down the road.

I'll stay Single and Sane and won't bother with dating and the rest of the "garbage" that goes along with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 07:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
I'm in the same boat dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
If it's not one thing, it's another that females don't like about a Man either right away or down the road.

I'll stay Single and Sane and won't bother with dating and the rest of the "garbage" that goes along with that.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:18 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Are you that ugly and boring dude??
If he is, the last thing he wants to become is a "bad boy". He'll be arrested.

Only good looking guys (and it helps to have money from family) can make a success of this shtick. The women first fall for them, then make an emotional "investment" and THEN these guys pull their Jeckell and Hyde routine.

A bad boy needs to have time that working guys don't have. At college, they usually flunk out, but have a good time. Some women appreciate that, since they are fun to be with and they can't get this amount of attention from guys who are dilligent about their studies.

Sorry Riv, but not every guy is cut out for this role.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:23 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riv View Post
Two things women never admit is that they 1- go for superficial "qualities" (looks or height or "macho" or "rugged" appearance etc) in choosing a mate and 2- women love to have an abusive or nasty mate

But look at the record..........How many women do you hear about, know about, read about who suffer from neglectful, cheating, abusive, nasty, violent, criminal, substance abusing etc husbands while us true Mr.nice guys get USED as boyFRIENDS for free meals or even worse for sounding boards for women to complain about and even ask for advice about their abusive (wish they were) boyfriends?

What is it? 90%, 95%, 100% of all married men or men successful with women are no good undeserving abusers?

I'm sick of it!

Is it time for me to become a slob so that I too can get a woman romantically interested in me as a man?

What do you think. Let's get some feedback in here.

Now I can't become violent and I can't become a drug user or drinker and I won't cheat or quit my job or become a criminal.

But what I can do is become a cynical (or more of a cynical) stubborn and opinionated patriarch instead of the easy going, even tempered nice guy that I am...................................but is it worth ruining the beauty, the equality, the LONG AWAITED sharing of love, contentment, peace.........once my nastiness finds me the wife which my niceness is denying me?
Actually, after 40 those superficial qualities become not so important. What I look for in a man is, whether he's a decent father, is not a liar, and is not a cheater. I would always choose the "nice guy" that is respectful and treats me good, before some rugged, Brad Pitt type, that is hurtful and acts like a machismo-jerk.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:32 PM

37 posts, read 56,501 times
Do not change for any one..It's not worth it..You will find the right person who loves you for you..I am single and looking for a nice guy which town do you live in?? what age ???

Old 02-28-2009, 12:22 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,289,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq47 View Post
Do not change for any one..It's not worth it..You will find the right person who loves you for you..I am single and looking for a nice guy which town do you live in?? what age ???

Every nice guy I know including me keeps telling our selves this one. Too bad for us that we don't change! is how we feel more often than not now.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:06 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,868,386 times
Default Maybe I should become a not so nice guy

What in the heck is going on with this forum this morning? One guy has hit himself in the head and wants to know if it could effect his sperm now this one wants to turn into a bad ass in order to get a woman. Not enough coffee?

NO, don't change into being a bad ass just to get a woman. That is beyond ridiculous. My first husband fit the stereotype that you described of being handsome, charming, and a drunk plus all those other so-called attributes that you think women like. YES I was attracted to him physically at first then when I got to know him, had a child with him and saw him turn into the incredible hulk with every sip of liquor or hit off a joint he took I began to re-think my taste in men...and wanted out. He fixed that for me by running away with another woman. Did my ego get deflated...NO...I was relieved.

It takes women some time to understand that for the most part all the "hot guys" are either taken or are not so nice to be with. I have a 34 year old niece who just went through this very thing...and has been going through it because she is basing her choices in men on how they look first and what they are all about second.

Again, I will tell you as I have mentioned numerous times on this site, I have been married 3 times so I am not talking out my backside. My second husband was short, stocky and had a huge nose. He use to tell me that his nose would enter a photograph first long before his body did. I found him attractive but totally the opposite of my first husband both in looks and personality. Unfortunately, he passed away young. My present husband is BIG...over 6 feet, of Hungarian/Italian descent, fairly good looking, EXTREMELY kind, EXTREMELY generous and he is my life.

So, forget the shallow women you keep running into and find one who will love you just the way you are. You do not need or want the others in your life.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
What in the heck is going on with this forum this morning? One guy has hit himself in the head and wants to know if it could effect his sperm now this one wants to turn into a bad ass in order to get a woman. Not enough coffee?

NO, don't change into being a bad ass just to get a woman. That is beyond ridiculous. My first husband fit the stereotype that you described of being handsome, charming, and a drunk plus all those other so-called attributes that you think women like. YES I was attracted to him physically at first then when I got to know him, had a child with him and saw him turn into the incredible hulk with every sip of liquor or hit off a joint he took I began to re-think my taste in men...and wanted out. He fixed that for me by running away with another woman. Did my ego get deflated...NO...I was relieved.

It takes women some time to understand that for the most part all the "hot guys" are either taken or are not so nice to be with. I have a 34 year old niece who just went through this very thing...and has been going through it because she is basing her choices in men on how they look first and what they are all about second.

Again, I will tell you as I have mentioned numerous times on this site, I have been married 3 times so I am not talking out my backside. My second husband was short, stocky and had a huge nose. He use to tell me that his nose would enter a photograph first long before his body did. I found him attractive but totally the opposite of my first husband both in looks and personality. Unfortunately, he passed away young. My present husband is BIG...over 6 feet, of Hungarian/Italian descent, fairly good looking, EXTREMELY kind, EXTREMELY generous and he is my life.

So, forget the shallow women you keep running into and find one who will love you just the way you are. You do not need or want the others in your life.
What she said in this is all so true..Look 12GO would you be happy if you changed just to be with a female?? I don't think anyone would really be happy if they changed to be with a date..I believe there is someone out there for everyone..I am sure you will find your mate..It just takes time sometimes...Do not change for no one it's not worth it..

Old 03-01-2009, 12:31 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,289,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq47 View Post
What she said in this is all so true..Look 12GO would you be happy if you changed just to be with a female?? I don't think anyone would really be happy if they changed to be with a date..I believe there is someone out there for everyone..I am sure you will find your mate..It just takes time sometimes...Do not change for no one it's not worth it..

I know, and that's why I'm not changing just to be with someone. I would do some changing to make a relationship better in that instead of just throwing the always half packed suitcase in the truck and taking off to a dragstrip somewhere, I'd call her up and she what she'd like to do instead of going somewhere alone. But honestly, at this point I've come to the conclusion it's most likely not going to happen for me. Guess that sounds bad?

Old 03-01-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
I know, and that's why I'm not changing just to be with someone. I would do some changing to make a relationship better in that instead of just throwing the always half packed suitcase in the truck and taking off to a dragstrip somewhere, I'd call her up and she what she'd like to do instead of going somewhere alone. But honestly, at this point I've come to the conclusion it's most likely not going to happen for me. Guess that sounds bad?
Don't give up..The right one will come around when you least expect it.. Have you tried dating sites?? plentyoffish.com is free and it seems like a nice dating site..when your in a relationship both have to work on the relationship not just you..Always remember that..If she don't want to work on the relationship than it's no good..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships