Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:39 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,876,358 times

Advertisements

So my roomate who gave me the impression that she was cute (not that it mattered. I'm not looking for a relationship), goody goody, girl next door type turned out to be a completely different person in person. She has apparently let herself go since high school and is a complete skank. Anyway, I got the worst night of sleep in my life listening her and her FB go at it. I could hear the slapping from the thrusting and her moaning like an animal. Totally ruined my night. The only plus is that the guy didn't make any noise other than a cough every so often. So I'm moving out at the end of this month. No explanation. I'm just going to pack up my stuff and leave at the end of the month. I didn't have to sign any kind of lease so I have no strings attached to where I'm staying. I understand this is college. I understand people are gunna have sex. I'd just prefer rooming with someone who is atleast in a committed relationship instead of utilizing a FB.

Last edited by Philosophizer; 01-09-2009 at 08:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 07:42 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
What the heck is an "FB"?? Is it a human at least??

Old 01-09-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What the heck is an "FB"?? Is it a human at least??
Fk buddy

Old 01-09-2009, 07:49 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,300,830 times
I don't understand- if she was in a relationship, you wouldn't mind? Or would that mean they'd have sex less?

She should at least keep the noise down knowing someone can hear. Hopefully you won't deal with this again next time around. I thought that was part of the college fun. (Kidding)

Old 01-09-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I don't understand- if she was in a relationship, you wouldn't mind? Or would that mean they'd have sex less?

She should at least keep the noise down knowing someone can hear. Hopefully you won't deal with this again next time around. I thought that was part of the college fun. (Kidding)
How do you sleep with that crap going on right next door? I guess I shoulda known better the day I noticed the walmart bag full of condoms in the living room.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:28 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Give them some competition.........................

Old 01-09-2009, 09:17 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,455,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
So my roomate who gave me the impression that she was cute (not that it mattered. I'm not looking for a relationship), goody goody, girl next door type turned out to be a completely different person in person. She has apparently let herself go since high school and is a complete skank. Anyway, I got the worst night of sleep in my life listening her and her FB go at it. I could hear the slapping from the thrusting and her moaning like an animal. Totally ruined my night. The only plus is that the guy didn't make any noise other than a cough every so often. So I'm moving out at the end of this month. No explanation. I'm just going to pack up my stuff and leave at the end of the month. I didn't have to sign any kind of lease so I have no strings attached to where I'm staying. I understand this is college. I understand people are gunna have sex. I'd just prefer rooming with someone who is atleast in a committed relationship instead of utilizing a FB.
Dear TexanPatriot,

I agree. I would not want to listen to that either.

Just to be clear, what was your relationship with her before this happened? Were the two of you friends?

But I think it's also okay to tell her why you are leaving. All you have to say is, "I'm really no comfortable listening to that sort of thing all night. How would you feel if you had to listen to that sort of thing in the next room?" You don't have to get angry or lose your temper. Just be up front and honest with her.

I hope you find a better place to live!

Old 01-09-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Dear TexanPatriot,

I agree. I would not want to listen to that either.

Just to be clear, what was your relationship with her before this happened? Were the two of you friends?

But I think it's also okay to tell her why you are leaving. All you have to say is, "I'm really no comfortable listening to that sort of thing all night. How would you feel if you had to listen to that sort of thing in the next room?" You don't have to get angry or lose your temper. Just be up front and honest with her.

I hope you find a better place to live!
No real relationship. She found me on a roomates website. We got to be pretty friendly texting and getting to know each other over the phone. She seemed like a cool enough person to live with until I actually started living with her. I've got another place lined up so I am out at the end of the month. If I would have come in expecting this type thing, I wouldn't have been so bad. I just had no idea she was this kind of girl. I still can't get that sound out of my head. slap slap slap slap moan yuck. If I say anything, I'll tell her it wasn't a good fit, but I still kinda like the idea of just not being there one day out of the blue. Maybe if she tries to contact me afterward, I'll come clean on why I left.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:58 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
No real relationship. She found me on a roomates website. We got to be pretty friendly texting and getting to know each other over the phone. She seemed like a cool enough person to live with until I actually started living with her. I've got another place lined up so I am out at the end of the month. If I would have come in expecting this type thing, I wouldn't have been so bad. I just had no idea she was this kind of girl. I still can't get that sound out of my head. slap slap slap slap moan yuck. If I say anything, I'll tell her it wasn't a good fit, but I still kinda like the idea of just not being there one day out of the blue. Maybe if she tries to contact me afterward, I'll come clean on why I left.
I'd definitely tell her. In no uncertain terms.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:19 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,685,572 times
WOOO I could tell you some stories from living in ski town housing for nearly a decade. You actually don't have it that bad. If they start barking like a dog and the wall starts shaking along with a squeakly bed it's terrible. I used to have ear plugs on my nightstand, no kidding.

It was an interesting time for me, but I have no interest in living with anyone for a while. I was out looking at house lots the other day wading around in snow and was okay 4 acres, the gate can go here, the thorn bushes here, the electric fence here, etc. I want to be far enough away neighbors need a bull horn to shout at me. I don't want these situations anymore so believe me you have my greatest sympathies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships