Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 10:15 PM

551 posts, read 1,924,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displeased View Post
I.have a? I'm n a stupid situation Ive been dealing w/ this Guy 4:2 yrs now. & my heart says I love him but I'm tired now he do what he want when he want he's took the time to meet my parents I've met his parents &coming 2 find out he's married I know its not. Just me & the wife I've listen 2 his messages & voicemail he just lie & say it's a case bc. He's a detective.he have 2 manipulate ppl. 2 Solve the case he says he's not married. Everything he said was a lie how do I let him go I'm tired of being disappointed I want to let go y is it so hard when I know he's with other women
In English please? lol Yeah, you don't stand a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 10:30 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
How to play a player:

1. Be the woman he can't resist.
2. Be the woman he can't get.

When he sees he can "get" you, he's gonna pull out the stops, break the emergency glass and bring the double A game, but stand strong, don't give in. That's how it's done.

Class dismissed.
Yes... exactly right... Yet, #1 and #2 seem to be so hard for many. It's all about self-control.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:51 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
I am getting better at my game. Why wouldn't you want to be a player? Girls go for them. Why do you think nice guys finish last?

Old 03-14-2012, 01:10 AM

86 posts, read 222,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
I am getting better at my game. Why wouldn't you want to be a player? Girls go for them. Why do you think nice guys finish last?
It's not that nice guys finish last, it's just that women want men for whom monogamy has a high opportunity cost. Basically women want men that other women also want. A lot of the so called "nice guys" are guys who are unattractive to women. The minute women start paying attention to them they become a lot less nice.

The problem is this, if you find a man attractive, unless your tastes are very unique, chances are other women find him attractive too. In general the more attractive a man is the more likely he is to be a player. But the obvious solution, dating men you don't find attractive, doesn't work either.

There is no fool proof solution but one way I can think of to improve your odds is to proactively approach men. Go and find men you find attractive (even moderately attractive) and talk to them. Don't come on to them, but just talk and try to learn about them. You'll learn a lot about men and what sorts of men are out there. When you're proactive you are sampling from a much larger pool of men, whereas when you wait for men to approach you you will only get access to men who are the best at approaching and picking up women (and most likely to be players).

I have a friend from college who is really good looking and super nice guy (and great artist to boot). But he is also really shy because of the way his parents raised him. Girls used to hang around him all the time in college but he didn't manage to ask any of them out. He is a super hard worker but sucks at projecting confidence because his parents raised him to be humble and he hates disappointing his parents. I think he would make a really good boyfriend for a girl who doesn't mind being more dominant in the relationship. To meet guys like him though you are going to have to take the initiative.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:09 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,647 times
If you ain't up on the game, I can't wake up the dead. You have to pay for what you don't know. The game is to be sold, not told. Even a doctor tip-toes past the medicine cabinet, because he doesn't want to wake up the sleeping pills. Those who know, don't tell. And those who tell, don't know. The only way I'll tell it, is if I sell it. The only thing that's free is air. So keep breathing. Ignorance is bliss... but only for the person with knowledge. People with knowledge don't really want those without it to have it. So if you do share it, make sure you get something in return.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:29 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Yes... exactly right... Yet, #1 and #2 seem to be so hard for many. It's all about self-control.
Yes.

Those who know, don't tell. And those who tell, don't know. The only way I'll tell it, is if I sell it. The only thing that's free is air. So keep breathing. Ignorance is bliss... but only for the person with knowledge. People with knowledge don't really want those without it to have it. So if you do share it, make sure you get something in return.

Wrong. But then, I don't think like a predator. Knowledge is not for selfish and indiscriminate hoarding and selling. Knowledge is for sharing, to the benefit of all.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:41 PM

Supply and Demand applies also. There is no real evidence of attractive guys being a player more. It is the women that label the guy a player just because of his looks.

I can be shy too but I can fake it completely and I am good at that.
From my experience, women don't like shy guys.

I have been told by women that I am shy and then I have been told by women that there is no way I can be shy.

Is your friend East Asian?

Women do not need to approach men but they really should if they want to find the right guy and take advantage of them being a woman.

There are women right now who are with players and the wrong guys.

Shy guys are not likely to cheat and pursue other women also so they are keepers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang1 View Post
It's not that nice guys finish last, it's just that women want men for whom monogamy has a high opportunity cost. Basically women want men that other women also want. A lot of the so called "nice guys" are guys who are unattractive to women. The minute women start paying attention to them they become a lot less nice.

The problem is this, if you find a man attractive, unless your tastes are very unique, chances are other women find him attractive too. In general the more attractive a man is the more likely he is to be a player. But the obvious solution, dating men you don't find attractive, doesn't work either.

There is no fool proof solution but one way I can think of to improve your odds is to proactively approach men. Go and find men you find attractive (even moderately attractive) and talk to them. Don't come on to them, but just talk and try to learn about them. You'll learn a lot about men and what sorts of men are out there. When you're proactive you are sampling from a much larger pool of men, whereas when you wait for men to approach you you will only get access to men who are the best at approaching and picking up women (and most likely to be players).

I have a friend from college who is really good looking and super nice guy (and great artist to boot). But he is also really shy because of the way his parents raised him. Girls used to hang around him all the time in college but he didn't manage to ask any of them out. He is a super hard worker but sucks at projecting confidence because his parents raised him to be humble and he hates disappointing his parents. I think he would make a really good boyfriend for a girl who doesn't mind being more dominant in the relationship. To meet guys like him though you are going to have to take the initiative.

Last edited by Info Guy; 03-14-2012 at 03:52 PM..

Old 03-14-2012, 05:27 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
It is the women that label the guy a player just because of his looks.
When a guy is really good looking, I always assume he's shy. Which is why I introduce myself to him. Wouldn't want him to miss out just because of his shyness.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
When a guy is really good looking, I always assume he's shy. Which is why I introduce myself to him. Wouldn't want him to miss out just because of his shyness.
When a guy is really good looking he is shy? That is something new I have heard. Why would you think that?

Old 03-14-2012, 07:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
When a guy is really good looking he is shy? That is something new I have heard. Why would you think that?
That makes two of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships