Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 04:44 PM

647 posts, read 2,083,480 times

Advertisements

This question is mostly intended for the ladies, but any comments are welcome. What are some of your'alls favorite things to do on dates? For those of you all who are married, Have your dating habits changed over the years? That is, assuming you and your spouse still go on dates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 05:06 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,376 times
Married, but we still date. Each other! No reason to stop dating just 'cuz you're married. My grandma used to say, "Date your spouse or someone else will" (she'd also say, "Have an affair with your spouse or someone else will". ). with that said, the only thing that's changed in our dating habits is that no one has to go to their own home at the end of the night. *rawr*

And some of my favorite dates have been free.

We used to live close to a fairly big airport. The planes landing would come in over a really busy street. They were so low you could swear you could reach up and touch them. It was really scarey if you were driving by when a plane was landing. We'd go there at night and sit in chairs watchin' the planes land right over us. It was fun! It was crazy how loud they were; you could scream so loud and yet never hear yourself. It wasn't the kind of date where it was nice and intimate... there was always a crowd of people there. But it sure was fun.

We recently each bought some roller skates too and plan on going to the local roller rink. LOL! That should be fun too! Can't wait!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:07 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
well yesterday my dh and i had a "date". while our almost 3 yr old son had a nap, we watched a movie together and ate a full meal. that is something that doesnt happen often--LOL

Old 02-23-2009, 05:08 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Sight seeing, walking around down by the piers, (no hiking in the woods til I know he's not a psycho killer trying to lure me to my grave), lunch on a paddle boat (those dual sided foot peddled boats you see on local lakes), a comedy night club. That's good for starters.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:21 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
I sometimes don't even think of our outings together as dates. I just see it as spending time together.
I like to go walking, out to eat, bowling, ice skating, art museum, spa visit, and I like going shopping for groceries and she holds me around my waist while I push the cart around.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:22 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
A nice dinner
Area festivals
Culinary events
Wine tastings
A walk by the lake
A motorcycle ride and a greasy cheeseburger at a local blues dive

Old 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM

410 posts, read 515,190 times
Out on the ocean fishing the afternoon away.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:34 PM

502 posts, read 1,654,962 times
I'm a cheap date because simple things mean more to me. DH and I have a good time watching old music videos and just talking. Whenever our daughter visits Grandma for the weekend we feel the need to "go out", so we usually have brunch and enjoy $1 bowling.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:45 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHuntress View Post
I'm a cheap date because simple things mean more to me. DH and I have a good time watching old music videos and just talking. Whenever our daughter visits Grandma for the weekend we feel the need to "go out", so we usually have brunch and enjoy $1 bowling.
Oh man, I'm glad it works for you but I need stimulus maximus! LOL You can do those things any time. There's a lot of things I haven't done that I want to and things I want to do again. Turn off the tv and get me out of this house!!! LOL

Old 02-23-2009, 05:48 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,564 times
Attend a local (or even regional) fireworks display. Makes for a fun, easy date.

A nice date for when you are just getting to know someone is to have breakfast or brunch and then wander a nearby farmers market.

Years back I used to go to laser shows at different planetariums & such. (How many of you remember Laser Rock to Pink Floyd? )
Those were always weirdly romantic dates...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships