Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:06 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times

Advertisements

I've been in San Diego since last week on biz. It's gone well enough (Except the client can't make up her mind on the setups. Maybe I can push her into the drink when we go out for the evening shoot). However, I'm already missing Mrs. CPG. Meanwhile, we're shooting near a navy base and just watched a ship go out for a multi-month tour. So, next to them, I'm small potatoes.

So, for those of you who travel on biz, how do you guys manage to be away from your spouses for so long?

Okay...gotta go. Nap time is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 03:17 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,602,381 times
The kids and I go on a lot of my husband's business trips with him. My husband can't stand traveling and being away. For me, it's ok, I'm so busy during the day and with the kids, the time just flys by. I miss him like crazy though. We are leaving with him on a business trip this Thursday for a week. And summertime is even better, we travel with him all summer long all over the country. So, that is really the only good part of it.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:22 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,227,349 times
Ten top ways to not miss your wife while on business trips:

10. Keep busy working.
9. Work at a hobby.
8. Call your wife every night.
7. Go shopping for your wife.
6. Go shopping for yourself.
5. Visit the topless bars.
4. Get drunk at the topless bars.
3. Pick up drunk women in the topless bars.
2. Rate the hookers 1 through 10.
1. Get a wife you won't miss.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:43 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,219,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I've been in San Diego since last week on biz. It's gone well enough (Except the client can't make up her mind on the setups. Maybe I can push her into the drink when we go out for the evening shoot). However, I'm already missing Mrs. CPG. Meanwhile, we're shooting near a navy base and just watched a ship go out for a multi-month tour. So, next to them, I'm small potatoes.

So, for those of you who travel on biz, how do you guys manage to be away from your spouses for so long?

Okay...gotta go. Nap time is over.
Look at it as an opportunity to let absence make the heart grow fonder, and then show her in the best possible way how much you have missed her when you get home. Hint, use the words "tonight it's all about you". Trust me, she'll love it.

On a more boring note.... phone calls. Lots of phone calls. How much longer until you can go home?

We were just in San Diego. Loved it and want to move there. What are your impressions?

Old 03-09-2009, 03:51 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,029,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen;7807193[B
]Look at it as an opportunity to let absence make the heart grow fonder,[/b] and then show her in the best possible way how much you have missed her when you get home. Hint, use the words "tonight it's all about you". Trust me, she'll love it.

On a more boring note.... phone calls. Lots of phone calls. How much longer until you can go home?

We were just in San Diego. Loved it and want to move there. What are your impressions?
Im glad it will work for him, but that's sometimes a myth.Absence doesnt always make the heart grow fonder...it just gets old. Really, really old.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:17 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,953,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

So, for those of you who travel on biz, how do you guys manage to be away from your spouses for so long?.
I bring home-made movie in a memory stick!

Old 03-09-2009, 04:19 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,219,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Im glad it will work for him, but that's sometimes a myth.Absence doesnt always make the heart grow fonder...it just gets old. Really, really old.
Believe me I know. My DH was once away for a month when we were first married. There's not a lot you can do apart from calls, e.mails and trying to stay busy. I still think my idea is a good one!

Old 03-09-2009, 04:21 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post

10. Keep busy working.
9. Work at a hobby.
I am usually not a list guy but I love it. You probably should take off 1-5 if you plan on staying married though. HEHHEHEHEH ROFL.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:56 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,029,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Believe me I know. My DH was once away for a month when we were first married. There's not a lot you can do apart from calls, e.mails and trying to stay busy. I still think my idea is a good one!
Try he'll be away for 3. years. and so far all Im getting is 30 minutes a week for a phone call. No email, nothing but 30 minutes once a week.

There's an exception to that rule, and in some cases absence makes the heart grow tired/frustrated.
Anyhoo, rant over. Sorry for the slight hijack.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:32 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post

10. Keep busy working.
9. Work at a hobby.
Letterman needs new material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships