Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 08:53 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,003 times

Advertisements

...Used to I guess ...but there is so long a time I didn't have sex I don't really remember...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 08:56 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,003 times
Women fall in love aka develop crush feelings much more than men

Oh no, dear, not my case, if you knew...I'm a living bleeding heart...and it's not good, women don't like men who react like they do!

Old 03-14-2009, 08:57 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,215,272 times
IMHO there is no good reason to be having sex with someone who isn't in the same place emotionally and mentally as you. If you start in the same place and one or the other ends up somewhere else mentally and emotionally - its time to stop.
Check and see if your friend has the same sort of growing feelings as you. If not say - hey, I need to go find someone with the same feelings as me to have sex with - I still care and want to be friends.
Otherwise you are going to be hurt and looking for someone new later anyway.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:58 AM

152 posts, read 627,237 times
We wish every person were mature enough to have an open and honest conversation. But unfortunately people will say just what you want to hear in order to get what you want, this guy may not be any different. So it is NOT being manipulative to stop having sex with him for a little while, it is simply a way to make sure you don't waste your time or get hurt.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:01 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,426,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No. Even if this guy is in love with her, he's just going to run away from that move. This guy is clearly NOT in love with her, but I do think that he likes her. Women fall in love aka develop crush feelings much more quickly than men. Men are just wired differently. And both this young people are way too young to contemplate marriage or even getting super seriously involved in a love relationship. What has happened is that this is an FWB that has typically turned into a situation of the female developing deeper feelings for the guy. And even this is normal as in most relationships, one partner is at a different emotional level than the other one.

The O.P. enjoys sex with this guy, so why should she stop having sex with him just to try to manipulate him into a love relationship? That makes no sense at all. He's just going to find another girl to have an FWB with. Plus he will know that in the future, she will turn off the "sex spigot" to manipulate him again. And one of the reasons that guys are marriage phobic is the thought that they will be stuck in a marriage where the sexual activity eventually dwindles down to nothing after a few years of matrimony.

The O.P. is just starting to have deeper feelings for this guy. It can't even be called love feelings yet. All she wants is to be considered for the role of girlfriend in his life. And that's why I recommend to keep having the sex with him (which she also enjoys) but to also get out of his apartment and show him that she's great company to be with in other situations. She needs to show him that she's great girlfriend material, and having great sex on a regular basis with him is part of it. But she also has to show that she's fun, trustworthy, consistent in behaviour, not a drama queen, SANE and NOT A MANIPULATOR. His friends should be jealous that he's got such a great girl pal/girlfriend.

Witholding sex for two months is only going to make him run away from her and look for another young woman to hang out with.
Not having sex with a friend is manipulation?
I didnt realize I had to have sex with my friends, wow!

Old 03-14-2009, 01:10 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,733 times
Confused808 is starting to like him because of the things that he "says" to her that would make a woman think that a man would want her for more than just sex.

Just ask him before things get too complicated, I have no idea what the guy is thinking.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Regardless of how this guys feels about her if she trys something manipulative like refusing to have sex with him, he is out the door to get away from the BS.

Whats wrong with just talking to him?

Sex shouldn't be used as a weapon.
Haha, yeah, stop the "tests" and games just communicate.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:23 PM

In my original post the first thing I said is " it is ideal for her to talk to him". No problem with that. Tests are for those who seek to know if he also feels the same way or not. Which the OP clearly stated she wanted to know.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
In my original post the first thing I said is " it is ideal for her to talk to him". No problem with that. Tests are for those who seek to know if he also feels the same way or not. Which the OP clearly stated she wanted to know.
Reported for confusion.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Reported for confusion.
haha. Confusion is not a problem here. Just in your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships