Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:22 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times

Advertisements

I never hang out in bars, so the likelihood of me getting caught up in a bar fight scenario is slim to none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 08:25 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
ok thats your opinion and i respect that, but i guess a womans metality always differs from a mans.
I think the posts from most of the men so far would indicate that they think much like the majority of women.

I've lived most of a full life now, and I've never had occasion to get into a bar fight. And I've spent most of that life in the wild, wild west where cowboys, hippies and pretty girls never mixed well. I was 13 when I got into my last fight -- 50 years ago. Come to think of it, I can't remember ever seeing a fight since high school, except for a cat fight I drove past once.

I spent my share of time in bars years ago; I'm just a tiny bit careful about which bars I walked into. I'd guess 90% of bar fights occur in 10% of the bars. I'd never take a woman into that 10% category of bars.

Fighting is childish behavior. People get killed; it could be your date when the bullets start zipping around. The best you should expect would be jail time. I'll put it this way: If you're too immature to avoid bar fights, you're too immature to drink.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:28 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
I would only date a man who had the strength to walk away from a bar fight. Bar fights are so ridiculous, so petty, insignificant really. Real strength and character means walking away.
Even if you have been physically assualted??

Old 03-18-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
... I am about to get a concealed weapon license, I will defend myself and shoot the next one that grabs and assaults me in public.

I hope they've got computers in jail cells, Lindsey. I'd miss your posts!

Old 03-18-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post

I hope they've got computers in jail cells, Lindsey. I'd miss your posts!
Maybe you should read up on the laws here in Florida. I no longer am legally required to retreat to a safe place if assaulted, I can draw and fire. Its that simple.

I won't be in prison, the next man who decides he must have intimate contact with my body against my will, will at the very least soil his pants when he feels my gun right up next to his balls.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Even if you have been physically assualted??
If you've been physically assaulted, call the cops and file a complaint. Spending a few months in jail would give the guy some time to think about whether he wants to try it with the next gal.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should read up on the laws here in Florida. I no longer am legally required to retreat to a safe place if assaulted, I can draw and fire. Its that simple.

I won't be in prison, the next man who decides he must have intimate contact with my body against my will, will at the very least soil his pants when he feels my gun right up next to his balls.
Wow! So if I pinched a butt cheek you'd be entitled to blow me away? Whew weeee! They must place a high value on such things in Florida. If I ever make another trip to your fair state, I'll be sure to ask my proposed victim if she's packing before I pat her behind.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Wow! So if I pinched a butt cheek you'd be entitled to blow me away? Whew weeee! They must place a high value on such things in Florida. If I ever make another trip to your fair state, I'll be sure to ask my proposed victim if she's packing before I pat her behind.
Google is your friend.

Besides you are aware that pinching the butt of a stranger would be considered assault. I would have a right to draw on you and warn you off, should you ignore said warning and kept coming at me, the barrel of my Smith and Wesson would be the last thing you saw.

What Are the Gun Laws in Florida?

"Miscellaneous Laws Include:
Under Florida law, there is no "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a lawful right to be."

When a man sexually touches a woman, its not unreasonable to infer he means to rape her. When a woman is affraid for her life, its totally legal to pull a gun, whether your at Walmart or at home.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:21 PM

108 posts, read 395,465 times
Simply put, yes, I would. I don't hang around places that usually get things like that, and I wouldn't jeopardize something that could be great just b/c the guy possibly couldn't defend me. Now, yes, verbally I'd like to have someone who knew what to say if someone started verbally attacking, but it just depends on the situation b/c a lot of times ignoring it and going on is the best thing. I don't let things like that bother me. I'd rather my man be strong enough to walk away than throw a punch. As long as he likes me for ME and not what he wants me to be, I couldn't care the least.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:21 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I never hang out in bars, so the likelihood of me getting caught up in a bar fight scenario is slim to none.
In 98% of the bars here, there would be no risk of a fight. Avoiding the rest is easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships