Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 11:22 AM

94 posts, read 375,506 times

Advertisements

So here's the deal, a good friend of mine is attending a wedding next weekend. His whole plan was to invite a girl to merely hook up with for the night (he's coming in from out of town). He had one plan that fell through, and was, according to him, going to go stag.

I get a text from him this morning, "Dude, just thought you should know, I sent a text to your (younger than 21) sister seeing if she would go with me."

Now, it's not that I have a problem with her "going out" with my friend (despite him being 7 years older than her)... but knowing his scheme... I don't want my sister in it. He's now acting like I am out of line. Am I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 11:28 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preditor74 View Post
So here's the deal, a good friend of mine is attending a wedding next weekend. His whole plan was to invite a girl to merely hook up with for the night (he's coming in from out of town). He had one plan that fell through, and was, according to him, going to go stag.

I get a text from him this morning, "Dude, just thought you should know, I sent a text to your (younger than 21) sister seeing if she would go with me."

Now, it's not that I have a problem with her "going out" with my friend (despite him being 7 years older than her)... but knowing his scheme... I don't want my sister in it. He's now acting like I am out of line. Am I?

Seriously, is your friend for real! Of course you have to tell your sister what his plan is? What kind of brother would let his sister be played. What kind of chump is your friend? Lame. Dump him as a friend and find better friends.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:37 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:

Your friend has no respect for you whatsoever. I mean, ZERO. Why would you voluntarily associate with someone like this?

Old 01-15-2011, 11:39 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:

I can't believe you're even asking this.

Dump your so-called "friend". He's an @sshole.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:45 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,808,498 times
It sounds like you need new friends.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:47 AM

262 posts, read 550,563 times
It's your sisters choice.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:01 PM

142 posts, read 238,646 times
It's your sister's choice who she goes out with. Your friends, however, are your own choice. Don't bother ever speaking to this guy again

Old 01-15-2011, 12:05 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramH View Post
It's your sisters choice.
After he tells her the plan of his weasel friend.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:35 PM

627 posts, read 1,296,378 times
Quote:

He's the one that is WAY out of line. If he was a REAL friend, he would have asked you if you would be okay with him asking your sister. He has no respect for you or your friendship.

He's an a__hole.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:02 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,583,621 times
1. If some guy had told me he had intentions like this and I DIDN'T warn my sister he was a chump who just wanted to find an easy lay and disappear, I would never feel good about looking myself in the mirror again.

2. If I was friends with someone who thought of women as nothing more than a life support system for a vagina, who thought with his little head and casually announced as much in conversation, I would reevaluate my choice of friends. I'm not saying there aren't more like him in the world, or that some guys don't grow out of that phase eventually, but I'd find it a bit repulsive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships