Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:42 AM

857 posts, read 1,423,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
There was a thread a couple days back talking about why people go to prostitutes etc. Well here is a more interesting question, why do people go to see strippers?
Seriously??? Killer you disappoint me. You're asking why do lonely men with disposable income use it to see naked women. Really?? I mean don't you see the obvious logic in saying instead of wasting all that money buying drinks and paying cover for clubs and bars why not get your buddies, buy a case of beer and hang out in a strip club for one night. I mean for a dollar you get to motorboat whatever girl you want, how is that not awesome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 11:33 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Seemed like a pretty popular place for depressed married guys.
I thought the clientel were either blue collar types or the 38 year olds who still live in their parent's basement.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:05 PM

160 posts, read 775,242 times
I've been to strip clubs w/ my hubby before and we have a great time. We've been going ever since college together. We dont go often, just once in a blue moon. It gets both of us going and both have fun. He goes occasionally when he is away on business with the other guys. I dont mind

Old 08-28-2009, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,895 times
I know this is an old thread but a lot of the guys either:
a) have a woman at home and don't want to cheat but want to walk that grey-area line
b) want some raunchy fun without feeling dirty in the morning
c) have a deep loneliness that talking with a stripper can quench
d) are gambling with women, essentially

On gambling with women, I mean that they spend $$$ in the hopes that the girl will eventually touch their penis, go home with them, or date them. Either way, the house almost always wins. Haha.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:03 AM

26 posts, read 86,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
Those are mostly the old guys with more money than common sense. They know damn well that 22 year old bombshell has no reason in the world to pay attention to some guy old enough to be their dad (or worse) unless there is some major quid pro-quo happening. Most normal 22 year olds would rather have a young(ish) stud to get her kicks with, but at the end of the day nothing screams louder than cold hard cash.
You are exactly right.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:28 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebanker View Post
I havent read all the replies here. I used to be a dancer. ( I HATE the word stripper: disrespectful) & I'd say men visit strippers for
1) MOSTLY someone to talk to. Of course there is the obvious nudity, grinding even etc but the strippers who make the most $$$ can hold a convo.

I felt bad when guys complained abt wives "fatness', lack of sex etc.

And besides, prostitutes are too "easy". They sleep with you the very first time. Some strippers will sleep with clients but you have to work for it, dinners, shopping, tuition, rent/mortage then sex. Guys like that better than an easy lay.
Long time reader, first time poster. With that intro out of the way, I beg to differ about the strippers vs. prostitutes. I think it depends on where you are. Here in Baltimore, at least along our famed "The Block", strippers are almost always available for extras. I've never engaged, but every time I've gone to a strip club here I've been offered "additional services." Walk out on Baltimore Street after midnight on any given night, and you're sure to see some of those same strippers from the club out working the corners.

I've only experienced the traditional club with the lounge chairs and bouncers that won't let you touch any more than an arm, in Pittsburgh. Around here, with a fist full of cash, anything goes. Even without a lot of cash, free grabs abound. Not necessarily my thing, but I can see how guys are aroused by it.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:34 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,932,653 times
When I've been is so I can be in an atmosphere where it's okay to be a guy. It's okay to look at the girls. It's okay to drink. Around here, if you want to have a glass of scotch, a big cigar, and look at a pretty lady, a strip club is about the only place you can do it. You can be alone, and just entertained, or you can strike up zero-pressure conversations. If you think a girl has great legs, you can actually say, "You have great legs!", and it's taken as a compliment and not sexual harassment.

And if you like to people-watch, strip clubs are some of the best entertainment you can have. That predator-prey dance that is always going on, the competition between the girls, the frustration of the management.

And then there's the time-honored traditional game of "spot the undercover cop".

Old 09-25-2009, 08:54 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Well, I've told this story about how I lived next door to a stripper, dancer, or ecdysiast (My personal favorite).

She was a finance major whose dad was stone broke. So she started when she was 19. I had no idea what she did at nights and, since I was dating somebody, I couldn't be bothered with it. At the same time, she was very attractive--and not in a store-bought way. She came over all the time to borrow stuff, watch TV, or whatever. In retrospect, I think she was putting the full-court press on me, but I was six years older and was really into this other girl at the time.

Because I worked out of my apartment, I was around a lot during the day. So every couple of days or so, she'd ask me to walk her to the bank. I would then watch her deposit one bundle of cash into her bank account, and put another into a safe deposit box.

Over time, curiosity got to be too much, so I asked Stacy what the deal was. She looked a bit abashed, but then said she danced at night, begging me to not tell others in the building. She told me her situation, and I was cool with it.

As it turns out, she was making tens of thousands of dollars a year--back in the 1980s--and all of it was cash. She banked enough to live off of and stuck the rest in a safe deposit box. I asked her how she did compared to the rest of the dancers. According to her, most of them blew their money as fast as they made it, and weren't very imaginative. She, on the other hand, had a clientele because she cultivated the good girl/bad girl image. She would wear a business suit, librarian clothes, a cute summer dress with a straw boater, and the guys just ate it up. Over time, she started getting weekend gigs in towns like Dallas or Atlanta or Fort Lauderdale and was making serious cash.

By the time I moved, she claimed to have close to a quarter million in her safe deposit box and, judging by the fact that I saw her open it once, I am inclined to believe her. I asked her what she was going to do with the money. She had evidently researched matters and decided to take a scuba diving vacation to the Cayman Islands where the reefs are beautiful and the banks are discreet.

She claimed to not have sex with her customers. I have no idea if that is true or not, but she never had guys over to her place. She figured she'd do it until she was about 26 and then do something else. Until then, she'd keep adding to her nest egg.

I always wondered what happened to her. And, more than once, I hate that I was such a prude, because she was really nice, funny, and well-read. And, no, I never watched her dance.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:58 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
strip clubs are asset transfer stations. the difference between it and marriage/divorce is that the entire thing happens while you are awake and among strangers.
guys do stupid stuff but even amebas learn. marriage is down 50% and i dont see as many cars in front of cheetahs and platinum.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:02 PM

2 posts, read 5,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
Long time reader, first time poster. With that intro out of the way, I beg to differ about the strippers vs. prostitutes. I think it depends on where you are. Here in Baltimore, at least along our famed "The Block", strippers are almost always available for extras. I've never engaged, but every time I've gone to a strip club here I've been offered "additional services." Walk out on Baltimore Street after midnight on any given night, and you're sure to see some of those same strippers from the club out working the corners.

I've only experienced the traditional club with the lounge chairs and bouncers that won't let you touch any more than an arm, in Pittsburgh. Around here, with a fist full of cash, anything goes. Even without a lot of cash, free grabs abound. Not necessarily my thing, but I can see how guys are aroused by it.
Exactly "The Block" is like no other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships