Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 05:39 PM

326 posts, read 813,872 times

Advertisements

I can find a job and i have bills to pay and parents are getting frustrated with me? im thinking about moving out of state? should i?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 05:44 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird11208 View Post
I can find a job and i have bills to pay and parents are getting frustrated with me? im thinking about moving out of state? should i?
Moving out of state would be a big step considering how you don’t have a job and have bills that are not paid. Parents must be frustrated if they don’t see you are doing something about it. Show them you are being responsible by looking/finding a job. Get those bills paid and out of the way, contribute to your basic house needs (groceries, your own bills, etc.). I can imagine your parents will appreciate that and not get frustrated as they’ll see you are a responsible grown woman. After that, start saving to move out of state if you want.

Why move out of state?

Old 03-03-2011, 05:45 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Yes, go wherever you get a job! Don't keep living with your parents if there are no jobs in your town.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:47 PM

[quote=onihC;18123381]Moving out of state would be a big step considering how you don’t have a job and have bills that are not paid. Parents must be frustrated if they don’t see you are doing something about it. Show them you are being responsible by looking/finding a job. Get those bills paid and out of the way, contribute to your basic house needs (groceries, your own bills, etc.). I can imagine your parents will appreciate that and not get frustrated as they’ll see you are a responsible grown woman. After that, start saving to move out of state if you want.

Why move out of state?[/quote]

Maybe she lives in Michigan, or some other really depressed state.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:56 PM

326 posts, read 813,872 times
no i live in a small town in GA, where you need a car to get around and i lost my driving privileges so i cant drive anymore and have no reliable transportation.. I have only a h.s diploma so there are no many jobs available to me, even the mcdonalds wouldnt hire me?

Old 03-03-2011, 06:21 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,623 times
Although work may be impossible to find in your area, being helpful around the house can be a job that you can do while your parents continue to support you.
It isn't always about revenue, often it's more abut an individual pitching-in to share the burden of whatever the load may be. As a parent who is still fending for an adult child,
I have to moderate my frustration with dealing with life here in the ocean of operating costs as we pay the bills from my social security stipend. Yes, my child who lives here
has a job and helps to contribute to the household, but often we, (the wife and I), expect more than just the "rent money". If you would think about just moving away, where
is the money for the move coming from? Will you take this money from Mom and Dad, only to realize that, in a way, they're buying you off?

Until you find yourself able to sustain your own desired lifestyle, you should busy yourself with whatever it takes to be a child that your parents can be proud of.
You don't need an official "job" to do the dishes or take out the garbage. Any parent who is worth their salt, would want to feel that they have raised a responsive child, attuned
to their needs. You need to show your parents that you appreciate whatever they are doing for you, let them know that you love them beyond their ability to accomodate your
needs. As a parent, I can tell you that there is treasure in seeing the love of a child through the way that the child shows love for the parent. Parents are foremost among those
precious possessions that we never realize the true gift of, until we lose them and they have gone to their final end. It's an old story, we don't know what we had until we lose it.

There is no geographical cure for your earnest to relocate in order succeed. An old song would say it better by the words "be it ever so humble, there's no place like home".
If you ever stand a chance to make it in this world, you will do well to remember the sacrifices that your parents made along the way. Bind your heart and anchor it to your Mom
and your Dad, they will not be here forever.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:25 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
tweetybird, it's your choice, but I think that what LongIslandEddie has to say makes a lot of sense.Just don't give up, keep looking for that job, and accept your parents help if you need to. Do special things for them (cook supper one night) to show that you appreciate what they do for you. Going to another state isn't going to be easy with no support system if you need it.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:36 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
How old are you? Try to go to college. You'll have a very hard time with only a H.S. diploma unless you go to a trade school such as heating and air, for example. I say heating and air because I live in Atlanta and used to have a home improvement business. Heating and air never goes out of demand. If you're in your early 20's or younger (although its never too late), I would try to go to college and live at home. Not ideal (I know from experience), but you'll be glad you went to college later in life. I'll tell you that even a college degree doesn't have a guarantee (my career has been hell and I have the equivalent of a doctorate), but it will give you a big advantage. The unemployment rate right now is around 9.5%, but its only 5% for people with college degrees, despite the crappy economy.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:59 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
You really can't think about moving until you have money to move with.

Find a job, take any job you can find pay your bills and save some so you can move later.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
no i live in a small town in GA, where you need a car to get around and i lost my driving privileges so i cant drive anymore and have no reliable transportation.. I have only a h.s diploma so there are no many jobs available to me, even the mcdonalds wouldnt hire me?
Then you already know moving is completely out of the question

No wonder your parents are frustrated.

Time for you to come up with a game plan.

You need some education and job training.

Look at either going to the community college in your area or maybe consider joining the Air Force or Army.

Time for some action honey, get moving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships