Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:27 PM

300 posts, read 735,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
75 years. Any more and his hand would likely be too shaky to sign the checks. Anna Nicole Smith was pushing it but he still had what it took.
They just invented bionic hands. Now the requirements is to have some brain activity, i.e. not being brain-dead. Like totally. Stiff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 09:06 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
A male friend of mine who is nearly fifty and divorced is dating a woman who is about thirty. When people see them together I suspect they think he is her father. He disagrees and says he looks 40 and so people just assume they are a couple.

Could you see yourself in a relationship with someone who is twenty years older or younger? Or is that just a Hollywood situation or a woman who wants a sugar daddy?

How many years difference in age would cause you to feel ill at ease?
I don't care about age. I care about, can he take me out to dinner! If he can take me to nice restaurants and buy a good bottle of wine or champagne and not flinch at the bill, well, heck, I don't care if he's 15 or 65!!!

The last thing I want to do is date a good looking guy that invites me over to sit on his couch and watch cable! I don't care if he's got 6-pack abs. You can have him!!!

However, when I get past 65 myself, I'll probably just be satisfied with a man who has a pulse and flosses regularly.

Last edited by Woof Woof Woof!; 05-07-2009 at 09:28 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
If I'm happy, I couldn't care less what other people think. I don't think I would actively pursue anyone 10+ years in either direction but if I met an incredible person of any age I would be open to getting to know them.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:36 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
I'd think it depends on what kind of relationship you're looking for-- dating is one thing, LTR/marriage is altogether different

Old 05-07-2009, 10:59 PM

670 posts, read 2,114,756 times
I'm 47 and would date anyone between 40-52, maybe up to 55, if he were young in spirit. The biggest problem I have with guys around my age are that their idea of exercise or a good time is a round of golf, and I just can't see myself as being that sedate ever. No offense to any golfers, but golf, to me, is just too slow of a game. My parents were both athletes and everyone in my family were always playing sports. My mom played tennis 3xs a week until she died at 79 years old and my dad played until he was 82, even with congestive heart failure. So if a guy is active, either plays sports or likes to hike, go whitewater rafting, etc., then I don't care how old he is. But if hanging out at the country club is his idea of a good time, I'm going to be bored. I feel like I have the energy level of a 27 year old (sometimes more like 17), so while I adjust for other people's level of activity, really prefer someone that can keep up, or push me to do more.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:10 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shania View Post
I'm 47 and would date anyone between 40-52, maybe up to 55, if he were young in spirit. The biggest problem I have with guys around my age are that their idea of exercise or a good time is a round of golf, and I just can't see myself as being that sedate ever. No offense to any golfers, but golf, to me, is just too slow of a game. My parents were both athletes and everyone in my family were always playing sports. My mom played tennis 3xs a week until she died at 79 years old and my dad played until he was 82, even with congestive heart failure. So if a guy is active, either plays sports or likes to hike, go whitewater rafting, etc., then I don't care how old he is. But if hanging out at the country club is his idea of a good time, I'm going to be bored. I feel like I have the energy level of a 27 year old (sometimes more like 17), so while I adjust for other people's level of activity, really prefer someone that can keep up, or push me to do more.
oh yeah I absolutely agree with you on that!!

Old 05-08-2009, 09:43 AM

399 posts, read 974,609 times
When I was 25/26, I dated a man who was 49/50 (I wouldn't say it's necessarily common among gay folks so much as there isn't as much of a stigma attached to it). Pop culture stuff didn't really present a problem but it did start to feel like I was dating my dad after a bit. I'm with someone my own age now and it's definitely different. I'm 30 now and I don't think I'd date someone over 40, and certainly not younger than about 27 or so.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:20 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
If Money is involved, no limit.

If Money is NOT involved, no elderly with younger than 40.

Otherwise, the rest is game. I'm a mid 20's guy who would love to tango with some 35-40 year old women.

Lol....Hi At1....

Old 05-08-2009, 09:33 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,868,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
I'm in a relationship and my bf is 23 years younger. I've already been married, built a home, had children, got divorced, you name it....I didn't set out to be involved with someone so young but it's just how it is.

Einstein gave us the theory of relativity; we thrive on agreement. Big age differences are "not in agreement" with the main stream. I'm happy and he's happy. Already tried life the convential way & it just didn't work for me.

I've got fabulous life experience & a pretty good outlook as well.
haha that is pretty funny.

The older ladies can be alot of fun They just don't give a damn about what society thinks lol.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:51 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
No more than 5 years older and 10...or so......years younger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships