Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:06 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,178,879 times

Advertisements

Second employee in as many weeks that has come to me and opened up with their personal problems. This lady tells me that the other lady that use to work with her called her to tell her she had an affair with her husband. The employee goes on to tell me her husband admitted to taking this lady cigs once or twice to her house but says nothing happen!
She asks me what do I think and I tell her I don't know! She goes on to tell me that this x employee was hinting this before she left! I set there in silence listening as she so openly layed out her life to me. Things grew silent for a minute and she looks at me and calls me by name and I say yes, she says you know what she said to me with this plain look on her face. Shaking my head in disbelief I replied no. She says that b_ _ ch said he has a small D_ _ k! I was floored. Quietly I just set there and shook my head.
What do you say to someone when they come to you with this type of problem is my question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 07:20 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times
"Man, it's really nice outside."

Old 06-08-2009, 07:24 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,188,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
What do you say to someone when they come to you with this type of problem is my question?
"So...your place or mine?"

Old 06-08-2009, 07:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
"Man, it's really nice outside."
Good idea! I can't even believe there are people going around and airing their dirty laundry like this...

Old 06-08-2009, 07:30 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Good idea! I can't even believe there are people going around and airing their dirty laundry like this...
I've seen it all too often. LOL. It's pretty unbecoming.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:31 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,620,272 times
When you go to work leave your home problems at home and when you go home leave your work problems at work. This was very good advice given to all students by our school principal years ago when he was telling us how to have a happy life. Wow! He was so right.

Can you imagine working with a person after having a conversation like that?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I've seen it all too often. LOL. It's pretty unbecoming.
I'm a pretty private person and it's beyond me... My office never had a clue my marriage was on the rocks, I was separating, moving, moving back, separating, etc... I just casually mentioned it in passing at the end when the divorce was almost final and only because I said I (and not "we") was going on vacation.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:36 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,591,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
Second employee in as many weeks that has come to me and opened up with their personal problems. This lady tells me that the other lady that use to work with her called her to tell her she had an affair with her husband. The employee goes on to tell me her husband admitted to taking this lady cigs once or twice to her house but says nothing happen!
She asks me what do I think and I tell her I don't know! She goes on to tell me that this x employee was hinting this before she left! I set there in silence listening as she so openly layed out her life to me. Things grew silent for a minute and she looks at me and calls me by name and I say yes, she says you know what she said to me with this plain look on her face. Shaking my head in disbelief I replied no. She says that b_ _ ch said he has a small D_ _ k! I was floored. Quietly I just set there and shook my head.

What a terrible situation.
We're surrounded all the time by all sorts of suffering.
I would say, "I'm really, really sorry this is happening to you."
And I would mean it.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
We've known each other for about 5 years and I think or I guess she feels close enough to tell me these things! Not really sure

Old 06-08-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
What a terrible situation.
We're surrounded all the time by all sorts of suffering.
I would say, "I'm really, really sorry this is happening to you."
And I would mean it.

I did as a matter of fact, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships