Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 02:39 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,207,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
A Girl contacts you first, she is your type, then you both email back and forth and all of a sudden she stops communicating with you and falls off the face of the earth-lol

This happened last week, she contacted me first, I showed interest and we chat and then she disappears.

Maybe I need to go back and analyze my emails I sent her.

The only thing I remember saying is that she can email and my email starts with RETROTV because of a old hobby. don't want to believe a girl would stop talking to you because a what your email says
From what I've read about dating sites, this could mean that her response to you may have been a 'set up'. And, it's possible that this was a real person and she got cold feet. But what the critics of the dating sites point out, is that MANY of the responses end up like this. I was on a dating site in 2001-02, and I noticed that this happened quite a bit...it was eHarmony. I just think it strange that on eHarmony, there were many people who were still supposedly 'active' but you could answer 10 qualified people, and not receive any answers back. HTH...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 02:47 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,082,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You can also meet up with some psycho who's an axe murderer. There have been a lot of Craigslist killings reported in the last few months.

I'm pretty sure some murders are walking around right now outside in public too. What's your point???

Old 06-27-2009, 02:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,920,002 times
Quote:
Well I'm just guessing but she asked have I met anyone off of the site and I said no. So not sure if that played a part but I guess I will see.
She wants to know if you are a werido or not...i dated net men and some are weird or out for only one thing....if you just want a friend to hang out with let her know...don't be too forward!

Old 06-27-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Actually that is quite common. When people are just communicating by emai, and have not yet actually met, they can be, and often are, communicating with several people. At some point, the goal is to actually meet someone that you "click" with, and then leave the online thing behind. So it's quite likely that she is pursuing something with someone else she was communicating with. No biggie. Until you meet, you can't be sure of anything.
Unfortunately, people often find it easier to leave people hanging, than tell them that they met someone. Kind of like not answering the phone.
Or she is making plans herself and a little scared....I mean meeting someone from the net is frightning....because in reality you don't know this person....it's not like meeting a friend of a friend who is setting you up.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Honestly I dont like email or instant messaging and prefer just to exchange phone numbers once we have established we are attracted to each other from seeing the online photo
Which aslo I wanna say ...where the heck is yours?

Old 06-27-2009, 03:00 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,082,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Which aslo I wanna say ...where the heck is yours?

Where is what?

Old 06-27-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah that sounds sexy
Shaking her head<<<< you like the girl who is so depressed and demeans herself at a bar....wow if she's by herself no! warning bells should ring!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Craigslist??? Yeah, maybe if you just want to hook up with some skank or man-*****.

LMAO what is this Craiglist? Its another e-harmony type of thing?

Old 06-27-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure some murders are walking around right now outside in public too. What's your point???
It's kinda true i dated a few net men..my son's father was one...but you don't know unless you try...but I do agree on the double dating in the beginning....my bro and his friends would always scope out the man.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Where is what?
Your pic crazy net man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships