Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 06:52 PM

454 posts, read 688,547 times

Advertisements

So I've been dating a guy about 3 times now, and he is recently out of a relationship. However, past couple of days been feeling like something isnt right.

On our 2nd date he tells me that he is still living with his so-called X, but that they are completely separated. We actually ran into the X at a bar on our first date on a Saturday night, but there wasnt any qualms about me being there with him.

Well now Im thinking that maybe this whole thing is a mistake now because he seems to be pulling back. He was working 2 jobs before, and quit one of them last week. This is making me think that maybe he quit it for the X (maybe cause they never got to see each other) and that they get to spend more time together now...Just a moment ago we were texting and when I asked about our date this Friday he didnt respond back.

Am I being insecure, or does it seem like something isnt right? I just feel silly because it seems like now Im caught in some love triangle, yet this guy approached me first, asked me out the past 3 dates, and called me almost every day and now it seems to have stopped. I think maybe it has something to do with that.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 06:57 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,404 times
He's just not that into you.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
So I've been dating a guy about 3 times now, and he is recently out of a relationship. However, past couple of days been feeling like something isnt right.

On our 2nd date he tells me that he is still living with his so-called X, but that they are completely separated. We actually ran into the X at a bar on our first date on a Saturday night, but there wasnt any qualms about me being there with him.

Well now Im thinking that maybe this whole thing is a mistake now because he seems to be pulling back. He was working 2 jobs before, and quit one of them last week. This is making me think that maybe he quit it for the X (maybe cause they never got to see each other) and that they get to spend more time together now...Just a moment ago we were texting and when I asked about our date this Friday he didnt respond back.

Am I being insecure, or does it seem like something isnt right? I just feel silly because it seems like now Im caught in some love triangle, yet this guy approached me first, asked me out the past 3 dates, and called me almost every day and now it seems to have stopped. I think maybe it has something to do with that.

What do you think?
Since you are only 3 dates into this I'd let him go. He sounds "distracted" to say the least. Move on and date someone else

Old 10-07-2009, 07:03 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,302 times
First, three dates does not a relationship make. I doubt seriously that either one of you have professed great love or that you're ready to be "exclusive". If that's what you're wanting or wondering if he's headed there.... ask. It's a starting place.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
He's just not that into you.
He definently is into me. On our last date this past weekend, he would not let me leave the next morning (no sex, just spent the night at his friend's house party). Everytime I said goodbye and ended the date first, he would hate to see me go, it'd take about 30 minutes to say goodbye.

I really didnt like the idea that him and the X are still living together, even though he has been mentioning going apartment shopping as the lease ends soon.

Its hard to say whats going on here, but I dont think he was completely over his X and maybe he didnt tell me everything. I want to bring it up but all this week he has only texted instead of called me like he has been doing.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:10 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,445,382 times
You should chill out and find things to keep yourself amused. The world and this guy don't revolve around you. He might have things on his mind that have nothing to do with you or the X. He'll either call or he won't, but the more you pursue him, the more it will seem he's running.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:12 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,542,767 times
3 dates is hardly long enough to have any major expectations outside of basic courtesy. That said, if he hasn't responded, it is rude and you should convey this to him.

Dating a guy who is just getting out of a relationship where the ex is still living with him is asking for drama. Unfinished business is bad enough when they're not under the same roof.

Quitting his second job doesn't really mean he is doing it for her. It could be that they are reconciling, sure. But I wouldn't read into it that much.

I'd step away from the whole situation until they get off the pot all together.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
You should chill out and find things to keep yourself amused. The world and this guy don't revolve around you. He might have things on his mind that have nothing to do with you or the X. He'll either call or he won't, but the more you pursue him, the more it will seem he's running.
LOL, yeah I think you may be right....I just like to talk to someone Im dating everyday, at the least every other day.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:14 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,397,457 times
Quote:

What do you think?
Love triangle!?! You guys have only been on 3 dates!

Move on to the next in line.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:20 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,404 times
Quote:
He definently is into me. On our last date this past weekend, he would not let me leave the next morning (no sex, just spent the night at his friend's house party). Everytime I said goodbye and ended the date first, he would hate to see me go, it'd take about 30 minutes to say goodbye.

I really didnt like the idea that him and the X are still living together, even though he has been mentioning going apartment shopping as the lease ends soon.

Its hard to say whats going on here, but I dont think he was completely over his X and maybe he didnt tell me everything. I want to bring it up but all this week he has only texted instead of called me like he has been doing.
Well that would creep me out right there if a guy won't let me leave. Good bye!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships