Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 11:42 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,687,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
However, the notion that a "wife is submissive, takes all of the housework, always husband and kid first, don't spend money on herself" is traditional in whose sense? In what historical context in Euro-American history, which is the majority of what this country is founded on?!?
Ancient Greece? (Except Sparta.)

Quote:
Honestly, who out there actually believes men collectively think this way, want this or believe this is THE traditional view of wives?
The OP, apparently.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:00 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Quote:
However, the notion that a "wife is submissive, takes all of the housework, always husband and kid first, don't spend money on herself" is traditional in whose sense? In what historical context in Euro-American history, which is the majority of what this country is founded on?!?

Honestly, who out there actually believes men collectively think this way, want this or believe this is THE traditional view of wives?
I agree--just because a woman stays home and takes care of the housework, does NOT make her submissive, or "less" in any way. When I'm in a relationship, I have her handle the budget, because I don't want anything to do with the finances--I'll just earn the money and let her spend it as she sees fit.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:38 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,166,714 times
I think if wives were more traditional in the sense of even 45 years ago, this country would be a lot better off.

Now a days you have moms dropping the kids off at grandma's before they got hit the club to find some "guys" rather than trying to actually raise their kids.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:33 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,305,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
I think if wives were more traditional in the sense of even 45 years ago, this country would be a lot better off.

Now a days you have moms dropping the kids off at grandma's before they got hit the club to find some "guys" rather than trying to actually raise their kids.
yeah and fathers too.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:49 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,166,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
yeah and fathers too.

I disagree, deadbeat and tom cat fathers have been around since all of time. But deadbeat mothers is largely a new thing, very mcuh a post womens lib phenomena. It's part of the raunch culture that is trendy amongst women today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_Chauvinist_Pigs

Old 05-12-2010, 07:25 AM

36,550 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
I disagree, deadbeat and tom cat fathers have been around since all of time. But deadbeat mothers is largely a new thing, very mcuh a post womens lib phenomena. It's part of the raunch culture that is trendy amongst women today.

Female Chauvinist Pigs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So its ok for fathers to dump their children and not parent but not for mothers. And the downfall of our society is that wives got tired of holding everything together while men were out catting around and decided to get in on the fun?

Old 05-12-2010, 08:19 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,305,822 times
Ok got it. Men are "allowed" and women aren't.

Allowed to do anything or be anything.

And those that believe this chose to be pretty disgusting.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,905 times
how bout just real woman tht knows how 2 share,love,give, be apart of,enjoy life,an of course cant leave out gettin down n im not talkin bout ol fashiond style the picket fences went out with the beaver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont be shy most men dont want wife tht will be ol fashon tht sht sux we luv our wife but we want her fun n wild enjoying life not slave in the kitchen unless its to hott 4 cookin???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-26-2010, 02:24 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,123,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
No matter what kind of heat you get from the feminist women on here you are right. YOU will get a better husband.

A man will love and cherish a woman that works hard for the good of her household.

There is no money that can be put on a supportive woman. Someone that builds her husband up.

Anything beyond this is just contentiousness and it leads to an unhappy husband who will not want to come home to you or the kids.

So if you think, as a woman you should be able to fight your husband for control everytime there is an issue...you will find you are tearing your family apart piece by piece.

If you exploit the good it will always come back and give you rich rewards.
Right on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I'm very traditional, it's how I was raised however I wouldn't be a wife to a man who didn't know how to handle a traditional wife. Not every man is equipped to be a leader or know their role as a husband to a traditional wife. Submissive does not equal doormat and if the man's role as a husband is done correctly, the wife wouldn't ever feel like a doormat. He will show through his actions that she is cherished and appreciated.
Ditto. I love your response. It baffles me that some women think that submissive equals doormat, when that's so far from the truth. A woman that's submissive understands/respects the man's role as the head of the home and isn't afraid to fall back and let him take the reigns. Let me break it down like this: Most relationships have too many chiefs and not enough indians. Some women are too strong for their own good that they must challenge their man on every little thing, which is a major turnoff. Someone has to be the chief, the other has to be the Indian. I'm very traditional in that regard and if that makes me insecure, so be it. A real woman lets the man take the reigns and lead in a way that's beneficial to her and the family, if children are involved.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:18 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,313,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhe1982 View Post
I mean,wives are submissive,take all the houseworks,always husband and kid first, don't spend money on herself.
It seems to me that woman who like to spend money on herself,who argue with her husband,who share the houseworks with her husband(even if she doesn't work full-time) more likely get a better husband.
Which one could better describe men's instinct, protecting women or conquering women?
If only I understood the question then I can answer it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships