Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 03:22 AM

291 posts, read 610,909 times

Advertisements

i was just reading another thread on this forum and was wondering what is a womans idea of a ''real'' man. I was reading that some people think that it is gay for a man to express their true feelings, but i disagree- i think that it lachs courage for a man to express their true feelings to a woman and is giving them a reason to get away and move on to the next guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 04:51 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,444,028 times
He takes you to a proper dinner, asks you what you like to eat, and then orders the food for you.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:13 AM

137 posts, read 233,366 times
Strictly my opinion. A true man is honest, with others and himself, about his feelings, thoughts, actions, everything. He is also pretty rational (actually thinks things through before doing something). Doesn't play the 'I'm a man so I'm supposed to be tough/lack emotions/never get hurt routine'.

It's just plain humiliating to sit next to a dude, whose feelings have been hurt (non-intentionally), and you don't even know because he will definately not tell you, which leads to a huuuuge confusion (that could be avoided with 5-6 words).

Not to mention when a guy is really dieing to be with you and he acts tough and un-interested. So you just understand that he's not interested.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:16 AM

551 posts, read 1,924,324 times
A true man is :::looks around::: someone like :::looks in a mirror::: me!

Old 07-22-2009, 07:17 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
i was just reading another thread on this forum and was wondering what is a womans idea of a ''real'' man. I was reading that some people think that it is gay for a man to express their true feelings, but i disagree- i think that it lachs courage for a man to express their true feelings to a woman and is giving them a reason to get away and move on to the next guy.
If your Dad died and you are crying about it....it's o.k.

If your out in the garage and you smash your finger...it's not o.k.

Be a man and realize there is a degree of sensitivity.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:42 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,531,941 times
Quote:

A real man IS in touch with his feelings......but many don't know the difference in expressing them and being whiney.

Whiney is such a turn off.

Crying for joy for a child's achievement? Turn on!!

Old 07-22-2009, 09:33 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
A real man is one who always takes personal responsibility for every aspect of his life - no excuses, no blaming anyone else.

A real man protects the people he loves; physically, financially and emotionally.

A real man is generous in spirit and doesn't take advantage of others.

A real man isn't afraid of his feelings, or of expressing them, but he knows how not to be ruled by those feelings.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-22-2009, 10:39 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,875,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
A real man is one who always takes personal responsibility for every aspect of his life - no excuses, no blaming anyone else.

A real man protects the people he loves; physically, financially and emotionally.

A real man is generous in spirit and doesn't take advantage of others.

A real man isn't afraid of his feelings, or of expressing them, but he knows how not to be ruled by those feelings.

Hope this helps!

Perfectly stated.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:49 AM

473 posts, read 1,517,452 times
A real man doesn't lie and is honest even if it hurts you. He takes responsibility for his actions, and doesn't try to blame someone else. He doesn't raise a hand to you though he is fierce to protect you. He doesn't use you to get ahead, but asks you to come along for the ride. He doesn't care how much you make, how you dress or what your hair length is - he cares about who you are, inside and out. He knows when you need his help or when you just need to cry on his shoulder.

He is someone who doesn't cheat. He respects other people and other people enjoy being around him. He won't put you on a pedestal but keeps you safely by his side.

Is this a real man? Yes, but he's also a human being who should be treated exactly the same way.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:10 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,966 times
James Bond - The Living Daylights

Woman on Yacht: (into phone) It's all so boring here, Margo. There's nothing but playboys and tennis pros. (sighs) If only I could find a real man!

(James Bond, having just dispatched an assassin in a burning truck in mid-air, lands on the boat with a smouldering parachute.)

Bond: I need to use your phone. (takes phone from her) She'll call you back.

Woman on Yacht: Who are you?

Bond: Bond, James Bond. (into phone) Exercise Control, 007 here. I'll report in an hour.

Woman on Yacht: (offering drink) Won't you join me?

Bond: (into phone) Better make that two.

See Men, this is what many womens idea is of a real Man. lol! I'm not serious, but it may not be far from the truth though with some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships