Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:02 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Single mother of two boys (2 1/2 years and 10 months old).

Just recently turned 23 within this past week!

Do you run for the hills

or

Man up and give it a shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
Do you run for the hills

or

Sounds like she's got the genes. Now she's interested in what's in the pockets.

I cannot say that this will never work. At least the kids are quite young and you might be able to create a normal family life. Probably depends a lot on her relationship with the father(s).

However, you just have to wonder what she's been thinking and how careful she's been. Also, don't expect any financial contribution from her. She likely has no education or job history. You'll likely need a professional's income to make it.

Definitely high risk.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:33 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,545 times
Run dude.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:51 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,052 times
lol. run.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:33 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,699,699 times
I agree with everyone else...I say a six-digit salary is a mandatory requirement.

How old are you? Even you're signficantly older and just want some arm candy, I'd still look elsewhere...

Old 07-21-2009, 06:29 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,523,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
Do you run for the hills

or

Go for the hills.

There was some reason she didn't stay with her baby daddies. Beyond a roll in the hay and some sperm, they didn't have what she wanted. The question is what is she looking for now?

Personally, I'd run from anyone who has kids. It's just too much baggage and too hard on a relationship. I think relationships benefit from some serious alone time up front. Instant family just add water makes things very complicated. I speak from experience. At 19 I married a man with custody of two children (ages 4 and 9 at the time). I would not do that again. It placed too much strain on our relationship from the get go and we never got to go through the normal phases of a relationship. We skipped the fun part. The part where you really get to know each other and just spend time with each other. That's too valuable to skip.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:04 AM

71 posts, read 239,056 times
From a younger woman's perspective... run far, far away. She obviously lacks proper decision-making skills.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:07 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Dont "give it a shot" if you question dating someone with kids. Sounds like your not into that/ ready for that. Unless you are just wanting to be her boy toy. You know best what you want in a relationship.

Quote:
However, you just have to wonder what she's been thinking and how careful she's been.
I was about that age with two kids when my DH died. I was thinking, all I do is work, go to school and take care of my kids it sure would be nice to go on a date once in a while, have a little fun and maybe get some. Careful enough to have a tubal because 2 kids was my limit.

Quote:
Also, don't expect any financial contribution from her. She likely has no education or job history. You'll likely need a professional's income to make it.
Why would he need financial contribution and a professinal income to "date" this woman? At 23, not too many girls or guys have a lengthy job history or complete education.

Quote:
Definitely high risk.
I will agree with that!

Quote:
I say a six-digit salary is a mandatory requirement.
Single parents do work. When I married DH#2, I was making more $$, and still am, than he was. I've yet to date a guy with a six digit salary.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:14 AM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Dont "give it a shot" if you question dating someone with kids. Sounds like your not into that/ ready for that. Unless you are just wanting to be her boy toy. You know best what you want in a relationship.

I was about that age with two kids when my DH died. I was thinking, all I do is work, go to school and take care of my kids it sure would be nice to go on a date once in a while, have a little fun and maybe get some. Careful enough to have a tubal because 2 kids was my limit.

Why would he need financial contribution and a professinal income to "date" this woman? At 23, not too many girls or guys have a lengthy job history or complete education.

I will agree with that!

Single parents do work. When I married DH#2, I was making more $$, and still am, than he was. I've yet to date a guy with a six digit salary.
I know lots of nerds that make 6-figs...want me to hook ya up? Some of them can be trained to shower occasionally too.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:18 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
Proceed with caution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships