Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:39 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,341 times

Advertisements

her friend then emailed this to me after she looked up the latest train coming near me at a convenient time for me:

her friend:Taking Amtrak will cost $11.00. Is that a lot to pay for a trip to you? If I take Metrolink from 4:57 to 5:24, it's only $6.50. But is that too early?I'm pretty sure there are no trains going back at night.

me:thats the thing i am going to be out of the house post of the day. i am doing a group project thing.

look im not trying to be rude or anything, but i mean beggars cant be choosers here and im not a chauffeur. i assume i am paying for valet parking, and my own drinks, and gas. if you want a ride i can get you at 6:44 and go straight to ashleys and then hope back towards the 118 to get on the 5 to get on the 170.

i am just trying to be blunt. im really a nice person, but this is a bit of an inconvenience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 12:41 AM

my friend then emailed this to me:
I feel really bad about your taking Max with us. You invited me to go with you, not anyone else. I didn't mean to impose him on you - without thinking, I was just trying to help him out and didn't think about the inconvenience for you. I'm really sorry. I wouldn't be offended if you just said no to him. I realize that this might be an uncomfortable position that I put you in and again, I'm really sorry.

my response:
its just a bit annoying to invite someone along who lives out of the way from me and he wont even take a train that is convenient for me the person who is giving him a ride?! i think that is rude i am sorry! i am paying for gas and valet and he is complaining about the price of the train?!

i was talking to some friends about this and they pretty much said that i am doing you guys the favor here. i feel like your friend is trying to get me to follow his rules. im the damn driver here. maybe if he doesnt drive, he should learn if he likes things done his way.look if you want a ride from me thats fine. i invited you!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:42 AM

was i mean?!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:51 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
was i mean?!
Not at all. Moorpark? That's an entirely different county, though I'm assuming that you're on the other side of the hill from my old stomping grounds, so at least being in/near The Valley makes it less of a chore. I know people who would not go on a date with anyone who was 818 because of the hassle, much less crossing county lines.

I think that you handled it well, and gave him the option of getting there, but I had to laugh at the $4.50 extra it is going to cost on Amtrak. Good grief, if he wants to be that cheap, take the early train and then wait at a Starbucks or something.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-05-2009, 12:55 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
they are not your friends, you are taxi service.
they are working you.
its late
good night

Old 08-05-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Not at all. Moorpark? That's an entirely different county, though I'm assuming that you're on the other side of the hill from my old stomping grounds, so at least being in/near The Valley makes it less of a chore. I know people who would not go on a date with anyone who was 818 because of the hassle, much less crossing county lines.

I think that you handled it well, and gave him the option of getting there, but I had to laugh at the $4.50 extra it is going to cost on Amtrak. Good grief, if he wants to be that cheap, take the early train and then wait at a Starbucks or something.
i live in chatsworth. its not really that far, but im sorry, im not picking up some guy i have never met, who made no attempt thus far to help ME with gas or offer to pay valet!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:02 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
i live in chatsworth. its not really that far, but im sorry, im not picking up some guy i have never met, who made no attempt thus far to help ME with gas or offer to pay valet!
Exactly. I'd take him as far as Simi Valley from Chatsworth, and only then if I were in a nice mood and the 118 were free-flowing. In any sort of traffic, he'd be lookig for the nearest train/bus/cab/pedicab, etc.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships