Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:48 PM

79 posts, read 115,782 times

Advertisements

So,

Below is an email my friend's whatever sent her. I want you lovely people to read it and tell me what you think. I think he is blowing smoke up her bum and stating his disinterest..

"First, let me say that I am sorry for taking so long to respond. I am going through a lot and unfortunately, I just hide from the world when it gets to heavy....

I would be lying if I tried to tell you that I didn't have feelings for you or I wasn't still interested in you. I don't like not talking to or with you.... In fact, I love it... Your thouhts are so interesting and deep and even when I don't respond, I take them all in. There isn't a day that goes by where you say something and I don't learn something new.... I am not using you at all and if you feel that way, I won't ever speak to you again to avoid those feelings to continue. I wish I could explain how I feel about you or what so see our relationship as but I can't. I can tell you though that I enjoy having you in my life... I hold you above almost everyone I associate myself with whether it be family, friends, associates, co-workers.... Everyone. I want to be open with you bit the truth is, you scare me.... The feelings I get about you scare me. The hold you have on me scares me and not necessarily in a bad way either....its just strong. I think its because you make me think. You challenge me to be a better person and a better man... A better everything and I want to be. I don't want to disappoint you either.... I do know what its like to love and not be loved back.... I know what a lot of things feel like.... Just like you not being there in mt life feels empty."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 10:00 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relocatingdiva79 View Post
So,

Below is an email my friend's whatever sent her. I want you lovely people to read it and tell me what you think. I think he is blowing smoke up her bum and stating his disinterest..

"First, let me say that I am sorry for taking so long to respond. I am going through a lot and unfortunately, I just hide from the world when it gets to heavy....

I would be lying if I tried to tell you that I didn't have feelings for you or I wasn't still interested in you. I don't like not talking to or with you.... In fact, I love it... Your thouhts are so interesting and deep and even when I don't respond, I take them all in. There isn't a day that goes by where you say something and I don't learn something new.... I am not using you at all and if you feel that way, I won't ever speak to you again to avoid those feelings to continue. I wish I could explain how I feel about you or what so see our relationship as but I can't. I can tell you though that I enjoy having you in my life... I hold you above almost everyone I associate myself with whether it be family, friends, associates, co-workers.... Everyone. I want to be open with you bit the truth is, you scare me.... The feelings I get about you scare me. The hold you have on me scares me and not necessarily in a bad way either....its just strong. I think its because you make me think. You challenge me to be a better person and a better man... A better everything and I want to be. I don't want to disappoint you either.... I do know what its like to love and not be loved back.... I know what a lot of things feel like.... Just like you not being there in mt life feels empty."
We don't know enough to make a certain statement and why was this letter written and sent.
Unfortunately it seems that he is trying to let her down easy...

Last edited by max's mama; 08-02-2011 at 10:19 PM..

Old 08-02-2011, 10:28 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
So,

It sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:35 PM

Sorry, I forgot to add some info. She has known this guy for about six months. For the past three, he has been in idk land(not sure of anything), telling her he has feelings for her, wants to date her, but his actions state otherwise. He stopped contacting her but, she will or was up until last week, texting and he'd respond. All the while blowing smoke up her bum about being together. So, she emailed him asking if he was still interested and if not, they should end the communication at that email. What I posted was his response. So.. lol

Old 08-02-2011, 11:04 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,746,293 times
if he thinks she is soooo great like the email says, then she should be getting all kinds of calls and text from him. maybe he has some other unknown problem having nothing to do with her.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
if he thinks she is soooo great like the email says, then she should be getting all kinds of calls and text from him. maybe he has some other unknown problem having nothing to do with her.
And that's what I thought too but she says after he sent that and she responded
he has not called, texter, emailed or whatnot. As for problems, I don'tknow. she hasn't alluded to any.. besides him going through a divorce or something.

Last edited by relocatingdiva79; 08-02-2011 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-02-2011, 11:17 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,746,293 times
Quote:
And that's what I thought too but she says after he sent that and she responded
he has not called, texter, emailed or whatnot. As for problems, I don'tknow. she hasn't alluded to any.. besides him going through a divorce or something.
i think he really likes her, but is not ready it's just my best guess. she'd have to be really direct with him to get to the bottom of it

Old 08-02-2011, 11:17 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times
I think your friend ought to avoid. Maybe he's a great guy but he needs to find out if he wants to actually get to know her on a higher level or not. It sounds like he finds her amazing yet he's afraid of love.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
i think he really likes her, but is not ready it's just my best guess. she'd have to be really direct with him to get to the bottom of it
Could be.. could be not. She showed me her email to him before the aforementioned email and she asked him flat out was he interested. This email is what lead to my excuses post. Asked him flat out and the poor gal.. she cares about him deeply. I told her it read like game.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I think your friend ought to avoid. Maybe he's a great guy but he needs to find out if he wants to actually get to know her on a higher level or not. It sounds like he finds her amazing yet he's afraid of love.
i think she should too and she says she has been ( we don't live in the same state anymore), so I have to go by her word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships