Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 11:31 PM

134 posts, read 332,170 times

Advertisements

I went to a restaurant/bar with some friends for dinner. After dinner we moved to the bar area for more conversation and a couple drinks.

While at the bar, one of the women in our group (I assume she drank too much) started making out with a man she'd just met.
The makeout session went on for several long, torturous minutes, and spit was flying (literally.)
The rest of us were quite embarrassed.

Eventually, the manager came out and told the "couple" to either stop doing what they were doing, or leave the restaurant because families were present.

Here's the kicker: the woman is married.

There was some discussion the next day as to whether we should read her the riot act, tell her husband, and whether we even wanted to be friends with her anymore.

How would you handle this?

Note: this woman is not a "close" friend to any of us, but she has insinuated herself into our group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 05:25 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,008 times
Simple. While said act was going on take a picture with your phone. The next day tell her (collectively as a group) that you don't want to hang out with her anymore, and if she presses the issue kindly remind her of the activity that occurred the night before and how (one person in particular would be upset to see said picture). She'll get the message and leave you alone. Be direct and to the point.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:27 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I'd drop her like a hot potato.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:08 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
I say mind your own damn business.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:09 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacrets View Post

Note: this woman is not a "close" friend to any of us, but she has insinuated herself into our group.
I'd let it go. But now you know that she can't be trusted when she's drunk.

The real question is, do you (as a group) like her company? Aside from what happened, she is close friend material? If you don't think she is, then don't tell her about your get togethers. If she is fine company, then just don't let her have too many drinks with you. If she starts to order too many drinks, cut her off and tell her that the last time she got drunk, she behaved badly and the group won't put up with that again. If she acts like she doesn't remember, then tell her what happened.

But to me, this question is more about whether or not the group likes this woman's company, and less about one drunken indiscretion on her part. And if you think that she has a drinking problem, then tell her to consider going to AA. And if she refuses to curb her drinking, then banish her formally from the group until she gets her act together.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:14 AM

177 posts, read 381,458 times
whoooooo...... to think that this woman is married... she got some serious issues... better kick her off

Old 08-05-2009, 07:33 AM

45,372 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Tell her husband and kids.
Find out about the guy, tell his wife and kids.
Tell everyone in your neighborhood.
If she's locally prominent let the local media know.

OR THIS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I say mind your own damn business.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:41 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
I went to a restaurant/bar with some friends for dinner. After dinner we moved to the bar area for more conversation and a couple drinks.

While at the bar, one of the women in our group (I assume she drank too much) started making out with a man she'd just met.
The makeout session went on for several long, torturous minutes, and spit was flying (literally.)
The rest of us were quite embarrassed.

Eventually, the manager came out and told the "couple" to either stop doing what they were doing, or leave the restaurant because families were present.

Here's the kicker: the woman is married.

There was some discussion the next day as to whether we should read her the riot act, tell her husband, and whether we even wanted to be friends with her anymore.

It would be easy enough to just avoid her since she's not "officially" part of the group. But tell her husband? Save the drama for your momma.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:41 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:

Ignore it, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. If she was a good friend, I'd say talk to her in an unconfrontational way, but since she's just an acquaintance, MYOB.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:09 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Simple. Tell her that if she chooses to do that, she isn't going to do it in front of your group. And if she says that it's not your business, tell her that it becomes your business the moment you have to watch it going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships