Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:54 PM

77 posts, read 234,533 times

Advertisements

My BF wants me to move into his family's home. Currently, it's his older parents (who WANT me to move in!), his son, the possibility of his younger children when they come to visit, and nieces and nephews who come to visit the grandparents. Excuse me, but this sounds like a circus to me and as much as I love his family I don't want to be with them OR HIM 24 hours a day.

I like my own space. I really do. I don't even invite him over more than once a week.

Now he has his whole family working on me to get me to move in. I don't want to, I've told him that and now they see it as their mission in life to bring me in. It's to the point where I don't want to see him anymore and just want to cut off all ties. The pressure is great and I'm afraid of givng in just to shut them all up!

What would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 08:00 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,397,844 times
Keep saying no and don't move in.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,920,002 times
My mother did this when she was younger with my dad's family. They were helping her out with bills because his mom was a widow. The younger sisters were there and one sister had a child whom was always in their room. Since it wasn't her house she had to put up with crap. It bothered my mom so much after awhile..she looked for apartments and told my dad shes living in one with or without him but never in that house. Thankfully they did move out and got a nice house my mom still lives in till this day. She can go visit the relatives if she pleases.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:17 PM

197 posts, read 397,866 times
You need to make more time for him. Maybe you do not see him as the one. Once a week at your house! You need more sex then that. You need to tell him (if you want him)that you want him all to yourself. No relationship needs that much people in it.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,920,002 times
Yes if i'm in love i can't get enough of it. Or (giggling) of him. But yes you do need space and time alone. I personaly have trust issues and have been burned too many times.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:23 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,279,006 times
Drop him.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeofthestorm View Post
My BF wants me to move into his family's home. Currently, it's his older parents (who WANT me to move in!), his son, the possibility of his younger children when they come to visit, and nieces and nephews who come to visit the grandparents. Excuse me, but this sounds like a circus to me and as much as I love his family I don't want to be with them OR HIM 24 hours a day.

I like my own space. I really do. I don't even invite him over more than once a week.

Now he has his whole family working on me to get me to move in. I don't want to, I've told him that and now they see it as their mission in life to bring me in. It's to the point where I don't want to see him anymore and just want to cut off all ties. The pressure is great and I'm afraid of givng in just to shut them all up!

What would you do?
To thine ownself be true.

You know this isn't right for you - don't give in and do tell him that his insistence that you do is driving you apart.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 PM

37,659 posts, read 46,099,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeofthestorm View Post

What would you do?
I don't understand...why do they want you to move in? Are you having financial problems?

Old 09-10-2009, 04:29 AM

1,741 posts, read 4,579,466 times
It sounds like a terrible idea, it is a dealbreaker. You are better off w/o him than to live in a situation like that.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:31 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,214,037 times
Is this a family or a cult?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships