Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Absolutely, most men are driven/smitten by a woman's looks, and I said "Most Men, not all" And let me tell you guys, a lot of women know that, that is their power.
Very True, CB -- BUT I think the media images and rhetoric about having a "beautiful wife" or "hot girlfriend" further reinforce that tendency. When was the last time you saw a movie about a straight man being happy without a wife/gf (or gay man being happy without a man, too, for that matter). When was the last time you saw a movie (especially teen-or 20-something oriented movie) outright glorifying people who refuse to go out on dates, love, etc. who do NOT have scarred souls?

This notion that sex, romance, etc. is the end-all, be-all of life is just mass society propaganda and nothing more. I'll bet plenty of divorcees realize there are bigger things in life than having someone to come home to! One is compelled to wonder what compels our society to consider "mere second best" an adult lifestyle of "no spouse, no kids", etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 04:24 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
This guy right here doesn't care how fine a woman is, I have zero tolerance for drama.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:26 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Absolutely, most men are driven/smitten by a woman's looks, and I said "Most Men, not all" And let me tell you guys, a lot of women know that, that is their power.
That doesn't seem the case where I live.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Hey guys, are you willing to put up with more drama, ect if your woman is smokin' hot? How much more are you willing to deal with because the girl is hot? Has this ever happened to you?
Now you know the answer to this question. what person would put up with drama if the person they are involved in is a HOT PHYSICAL MESS???

Old 09-22-2009, 04:28 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Women do the same thing..Lifes much easier for attractive people..

Old 09-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Oddly enough, the mean & nasty hot women seem to get the most attention. Of course it doesn't always happen this way, but I've seen it many a time. For instance, I had 2 friends who were both very good looking, one was very kind and well adjusted, the other a foul-tempered mess. The nice one, eventhough she was a trust-fund baby(you would recognize her last name), was cheated on & treated like crap. The nasty one had guys falling all over her. I was at her place once when she threw a guy out(it was 10 degrees outside) because he bought her the wrong kind of beer & this was after he moved a sofa up 7 flights of stairs for her. I've seen guys chase vapid moronic women too just because they had a hot body, and some don't even have a decent face! I am NOT male-bashing as I can assure you that women have their own issues, I can attest to that, lol!
Fortunately, after age 30 (or a terrible experience, if younger), even "hotness" itself loses its appeal as a factor. By age 40, it's usually "yeah, yeah, you're hot. I can see that. But where's the substance?"

The bolded parts are just nature's way of using torture to get a guy to reproduce. I'm glad THAT urge is only a shadow of what it once was (this is beside the fact that I've been committed child-free for 14 years).

Old 09-22-2009, 04:37 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Now you know the answer to this question. what person would put up with drama if the person they are involved in is a HOT PHYSICAL MESS???
And how be you physically, Big Boy? Not exactly the cat's meow, are you, but your pontification runs rampant.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:44 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Fortunately, after age 30 (or a terrible experience, if younger), even "hotness" itself loses its appeal as a factor. By age 40, it's usually "yeah, yeah, you're hot. I can see that. But where's the substance?"

The bolded parts are just nature's way of using torture to get a guy to reproduce. I'm glad THAT urge is only a shadow of what it once was (this is beside the fact that I've been committed child-free for 14 years).
I didn't have a terrible experience, at age 20 I decided to ignore all women who try to manipulate me.
Once I decided that my female friends drop off really quickly. At lease now I know who really are my friends.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
And how be you physically, Big Boy? Not exactly the cat's meow, are you, but your pontification runs rampant.

Even though I have a few extra pounds, I still stand at 6'6, have nice hair and a handsome face, sexy lips, and very skilled in the romantic department.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:49 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Even though I have a few extra pounds, I still stand at 6'6, have nice hair and a handsome face, sexy lips, and very skilled in the romantic department.
Your absolute lack of social and mental skills BY FAR surpass what you DO have going for you. Your looks will only get you so far, then you open your mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships