Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 01:48 PM

3 posts, read 7,145 times

Advertisements

So.back in June I started to like this girl who was one of my best friends.It started out pretty weak, but before I knew it I was crazy for her. And one friday in July(school was on break), I told her via msn(yes I am ashamed of this) that I liked her and she said she was confused and all that. Two days later we hung out with our friends and she told me, "I think I like you 2"..ha..then I asked to go out with her on wednesday and she agreed. Sad thing is before the date it started raining and her mom didn't let her go(she's like that =P).and on friday,she said she needed to talk to me =O. she told me that she thougt it would be better for us if we didn't get together, since she knew I liked her a lot and she only liked me a little..that it would be her fault if things went wrong and that she would feel awful. I tried to convince her otherwise but failed. two days later, we went to a small party, just friends, and of course, I was feeling sad and bad and eventually I went to her and asked her if she wanted to talk, she said ok. There just happened to be a place with a nice view, and we talked a bit and cuddled a bit. I was too afraid of kissing her since she still was like "no..im not sure about this" and we left it at that. Throughout the week we didn't talk since she didn't get on msn, and I think we only talked on saturday. I was feeling pretty sad and needy, and I think I winded up saying something like "is this going to happen or not? because I'm feeling sad" and she told me that the best would be that we just continued friends.
then, pretty much all of August, I went after her, trying to change her mind and all that =S. no success, and we weren't really "friends" since the atmosphere was pretty tense, at least for me. So I decided to stop going after her to get her a bit out of my head one day, but on that day, she tried to restart our friendship by coming to my group of friends and starting to talk, only this is a accidentaly made her think I was ignoring her since I had to go to ther restroom just when she came to us. so later that day she txted me and asked if I was mad at her or something. I said "no,why" and she said because I ignored her and all, then she started apologizing for making me suffer and feel sad,etc.So I said I didn't want to talk to her about it via txt and we talked the next day.. I actually ended up doing the same thing(trying to figure out why she hasn't tried to give it a chance and trying to change it), she said she decided that isnt going to get together with me and after this conversation... I stopped talking to her for about a week and a half. Recently, I started to talk to her again, just as friends, and I can say that we now are again friends. Problem is.. I still like her and I feel like my feelings for her will grow again if I keep on being her friend(just like in the beginnning).
Now I duno what to do..keep being her friend and eventually maybe she will have stronger feelings for me or..
and cutting her out won't work because I see her everyday and we hang out with the same ppl
Please tell me what u think, I am too confused D:
I really like this girl, is there any way or chance that i can get it to work?

Last edited by bsc1; 09-30-2009 at 02:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 02:07 PM

323 posts, read 807,634 times
It sounds like this girl just isn't that into you. So you have a couple choices: you can continue to be her friend WITHOUT thinking that it's going to develop into anything more (b/c sometimes things do happen when you least expect it, but if you keep on her about it, it's not going to happen---and who knows, if it doesn't happen with her, there may be somebody else better for you right around the corner)...you can cut her out of your life (I know you say it's not possible, but if you really, really wanted to, it probably could happen)...or you can continue to make yourself miserable pining away over this girl and spending so much time and energy on someone who doesn't return your feelings. Your situation sucks, and I'm really sorry Wish you the best going forward. I've been the girl in a similar situation before, and I got cut out of my former bff's life b/c I never returned his feelings...funny thing was, I HAD started to have feelings for him, but the constant pressure to choose him and be with him and such killed whatever chance we could have had. Just food for thought. Good luck

Old 09-30-2009, 03:32 PM

16,223 posts, read 25,719,517 times
It sounds like a head game to me.
She knows how you feel about her now, and when she thought that you were ignoring her, she was all over the place. Hhmmm...
To save yourself from alot of misery and heartache, I would explain to her how you feel, and move on. Its tough trying to remain on a "friendship" level with someone that you have feelings for.
I say move on. Let her find another "friend."

Old 09-30-2009, 08:11 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,182,825 times
Ah the old "Omg I donno if this is gonna work I donno can we be friends" horse crap excuse that every guy gets at one point in their life. I'm going to give you the straight dope kid. What this girl is really trying to tell you is " I like you and you are a nice guy but you are not a bad boy and if we went out I would dump you for one in a second. "

That is why she wants to be friends, because she does not want to hurt you when some one more exciting and spontaneous comes a long.

The tell tale sign for me is when she thinks you are ignoring her. Young girls always do this. Once they see you are not fawning over them and quite frankly could care less of them, than its "OMG did I do something wrong why isn't he fawning over me".

Let me tell about the first time I ever got a chick in the sack in college. Same situation as you, except this girl invites me to her house party and than acts like shes not into me. What do I do?, ignore her and start flirting and hitting on her room mates. She got jealous and butt hurt that all the attention was not on her. I had my way with her by the end of the night.

You want that girl to notice you and desire you. Be something she can't have. Ignore her and treat her like she is nothing, and try to get with her friends who are close to her or get with some one she knows. Once she sees how happy you are chasing other girls around and how happy those other girls are to have your attention, she will realize what she has missed.

And that is where the fun part begins.

Just remember part of being a man is standing strong and not letting a woman run circles around you.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:59 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,789,118 times
Sorry, but that was unreadable.

Learn to be more succinct.

And paragraphs are our friends.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:59 PM

ops sorry... xD
i'll try to edit it later
and uhm... i wasnt really ignoring her yet when she came to me.. =P

Old 10-01-2009, 01:17 PM

440 posts, read 1,032,384 times
How old are you? You are coming on to this girl too strong!! She has obviously made it very clear to you that she is not and will NOT be interested in her. If you have feelings for her then too bad, your only going to come off like a stalker if you keep playing this game. Dont be so hard on yourself there will be another girl sometime I'm sure. But it sounds as though it would be best to not hang out with her, just get rid of her number too

Old 10-01-2009, 01:23 PM

291 posts, read 612,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
It sounds like a head game to me.
She knows how you feel about her now, and when she thought that you were ignoring her, she was all over the place. Hhmmm...
To save yourself from alot of misery and heartache, I would explain to her how you feel, and move on. Its tough trying to remain on a "friendship" level with someone that you have feelings for.
I say move on. Let her find another "friend."
i agree, good advice.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:51 PM

hmm... thanks for the replies =]
we're both 16 and we've never been in a relationship before...if it helps
im just really trying to think this though

Old 10-02-2009, 06:25 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,671,265 times
At sixteen you should be dating more than one girl. Don't invest too much of your heart in the relationships.
It is a hard age, I know when I was 16 I really liked a few different girls. Did not even realise that several other girls were doing everything short of hitting me with a bat to get me to notice them. And I had lunch with them everyday.

Last edited by ferretkona; 10-02-2009 at 06:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships