Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 01:00 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Seriously, no offense to Christians here, but he and his wife sound really religious.

I'm envious of people who believe, I'm missing something cause I just can't..........
I can take religion in small doses, and that is that. I think I could lean more towards Buddhism and the Eastern religions.

My ex-SIL wore me out with her born-again-Christian ways. Not saying every Christian is the same, I just could only bear spending small increments of time with the woman. And she was originally a Catholic.

I also spent 7 years in the same office with a Jehovah's Witness and there were no decorations, fugitive gift-exchanges out of her eye, the wearing of absolutely strange colors around Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter (orange and black!). And since she never voted in any elections, she never "knew" who was president.

But they finally got her for jury duty. They would not let her go because of her religious affiliations. They just didn't put her on a murder trial. Sweet.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:08 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Seriously, no offense to Christians here, but he and his wife sound really religious.

I'm envious of people who believe, I'm missing something cause I just can't..........

We do our Praying here on the mountain. Feel close to God, here in 'Gods' Country'.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:29 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
***stewing in envy...***
And I as well. Sounds so nice. I have a little land but it never, ever gets cold here. Once all my "legal issues" are settled I am out the door. Well, if Florida had a door.... you guys know what I mean....

Old 11-15-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:

You're not really envious of them, are you?

I'm a buddhist/atheist, and I'm not envious of people of any other worldview/religion. I am just as comfortable in my beliefs as they are in theirs. My mother always says "I'm worried for your soul". I just smile and say, "Oh don't worry, there's no such thing as hell, and if there is, I don't think your god will make me go. He's supposed to be forgiving, right?"

One of my friends, when super-drunk one night, started crying because she was sad that she "wouldn't see me in heaven". I cracked up. She kept going on about how Jesus wasn't gonna let me in cause I didn't believe. Like Jesus was her hitman.

It's all about the Golden Rule, right... do unto others...

Ok, off my soapbox. Don't worry Chow, i don't keep in touch with anyone from the good ole days for a much more selfish reason than yours... I didn't have that fairy tale childhood and don't like to be reminded. I'm all about the present. Right here, right now is all we've got. Happy Sunday evening, everybody.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
You're not really envious of them, are you?

I'm a buddhist/atheist, and I'm not envious of people of any other worldview/religion. I am just as comfortable in my beliefs as they are in theirs. My mother always says "I'm worried for your soul". I just smile and say, "Oh don't worry, there's no such thing as hell, and if there is, I don't think your god will make me go. He's supposed to be forgiving, right?"

One of my friends, when super-drunk one night, started crying because she was sad that she "wouldn't see me in heaven". I cracked up. She kept going on about how Jesus wasn't gonna let me in cause I didn't believe. Like Jesus was her hitman.

It's all about the Golden Rule, right... do unto others...

Ok, off my soapbox. Don't worry Chow, i don't keep in touch with anyone from the good ole days for a much more selfish reason than yours... I didn't have that fairy tale childhood and don't like to be reminded. I'm all about the present. Right here, right now is all we've got. Happy Sunday evening, everybody.

Have a Glorious Evening Sis...

Be Safe...

Old 11-15-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Have a Glorious Evening Sis...

Be Safe...
You too Hawk. Sounds like many of your evenings are glorious out there!

Old 11-15-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
You too Hawk. Sounds like many of your evenings are glorious out there!

BigFoot is an ideal neighbor...

heeheehee

Old 11-15-2009, 05:02 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
BigFoot is an ideal neighbor...

heeheehee

It does sound nice where you live! Pics please!

Old 11-15-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
It does sound nice where you live! Pics please!

I need to figger out what is a good digi camera fer a Point & Shoot?

For pics of fish i C&R (normally) & scenery i've use a Polaroid or Kodak Instamatic type in the past.

also here i have dialup Internet.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:15 PM

Nothing wrong with dialup. I had it here on the farm for a while. Now I have highspeed with Hughesnet, it's not bed.

Get yourself a little Canon point and click. For snapshots, they're the best digis. I am a phto buff and have a couple.... the Canon is easy to pull out of the glove box and snap a big old iguana sitting on a fencepost. Or a gator in my pond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships