Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 08:04 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr918 View Post
I have tried dating and realized that its not working out at all so to answer your question I'm still hoping that she will come back to me.
Well, then my advice to you would be to ignore all texts, phone calls, etc.
That will get her attention, because she will worry that you are not right there, waiting for her next message. Good luck!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 08:06 PM

189 posts, read 297,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
That will get her attention, because she will worry that you are not right there, waiting for her next message. Good luck!!
thank you Yankee girl for taking time to answer my problems....I guess I did the right thing by not responding to her

Old 10-10-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
thank you Yankee girl for taking time to answer my problems....I guess I did the right thing by not responding to her
Welcome. I`m just sorry that she is treating you like this, and you are letting her.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:24 PM

378 posts, read 1,207,110 times
Quote:
I have tried dating and realized that its not working out at all so to answer your question I'm still hoping that she will come back to me.
She sounds immature and manipulative. You're better off trying to date others, even if you feel that its just going through the motions. You'll get more into it later. But have some self-respect, and quit responding to her texts.

I was emailing my ex a while back, I had some things I needed answered, and at first I was enjoying the renewed contact. Then I realized it just stirred everything up for me and made it hurt even worse. You'll recover better if make a clean break. Plus there's also the old truism that people want what they (think) they can't have... in other words you'll be more attractive to her if she thinks you are unavailable. But she sounds like a completely selfish person to me, if I were you I would think long and hard about it before I would ever get back with such a person. GL.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:36 AM

431 posts, read 1,310,901 times
Quote:
I agree 100% with this. I also want to add to what I was saying in an earlier post. She could be using the contact with you so she could break away easier. She'll keep you around just enough to make her feel better until she is in a relationship she is happy with. Because she knows she can always have you back if she wanted. Don't help her at all. Take Yankeegirl's advice. Cut her off. If anything eventually you can turn the tables and she'll want you back more than you want her.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:45 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times
Quote:
My fiance dumped me 2 months ago and since she dumped me she has been keeping in contact with me via text messages. She'll text me like once a week usually with "hey how are ya?" we'll then text back and forth for a while. We only talked once on the phone since our break up. I have never called or texted her once- only texted her in response to her text. Tonight was the 1st time she texted me in 2 weeks and I didn't respond cuz of everyones advice. I dont want to lose her completely and I love her so much still and I love hearing whats new. I'm afraid if I dont ever respond this time I'll never hear from her again and she wont ever bother trying to get in contact with me again. I miss her- did I do the right thing by not responding?
I think so. It sounds to me like she is keeping her options open for the time being - doesn't want to lose you entirely but doesn't want to commit either. I'd say time to go no contact and find out what her motives really are.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I think so. It sounds to me like she is keeping her options open for the time being - doesn't want to lose you entirely but doesn't want to commit either. I'd say time to go no contact and find out what her motives really are.
I agree. I guess if shes still texting she must miss me to a point or she just feels really guilty cuz I didnt do anything wrong and always treated her really good.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyagerMan View Post
I agree 100% with this. I also want to add to what I was saying in an earlier post. She could be using the contact with you so she could break away easier. She'll keep you around just enough to make her feel better until she is in a relationship she is happy with. Because she knows she can always have you back if she wanted. Don't help her at all. Take Yankeegirl's advice. Cut her off. If anything eventually you can turn the tables and she'll want you back more than you want her.
I agree- I think she is using the contact for her to break away easier. My guess is I'll probably never hear from her again except for maybe a year or two down the road. I guess it depends on how well things go with whoever shes seeing.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I agree. I guess if shes still texting she must miss me to a point or she just feels really guilty cuz I didnt do anything wrong and always treated her really good.
You are the MAN! I mean, have you reread what you wrote here? If you was giving someone else advice about this situation, what would you advice>? It doesn`t take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.
She is definetly missing out huh?

Old 10-11-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
You are the MAN! I mean, have you reread what you wrote here? If you was giving someone else advice about this situation, what would you advice>? It doesn`t take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.
She is definetly missing out huh?
Do you think she misses me at all or is she strictly contacting me for her own benefit? I thought when someone break up they both disappear off the face of the earth so I'm surprised she hasn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships