Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:52 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee View Post

So here’s what ya gotta do guys, when the lights go out at night shazam you become the bad boy .
but it's so much better with the lights on!

I tell ya,what a hell of a thread.If I printed this thread into a book I could probably make a killin' selling it.

I guess I'm a little of both when it comes to the bad-good thing,which is why I never stay with a woman long,I am just into my self-free spirited.Wouldn't mind settling with a woman,but I just haven't....funny,Im a musician that tends to attract the barfly type.My number one complaint with that is the partying,constant drinking and sometimes cocaine abuse that those girls do.I am not going to hitch with that.

Confident,yeah I pretty much am,I'll staright up in a girls face tell her the nasty things I'll do to her,though on the other hand I'm a quite guy,hardly ever have I approached a woman I let them come to me,or I wait for signals.But after the ice is broken it's another matter.I am not the kind to hit a woman though,I NEVER EVER HAVE.

If a woman is looking for a guy to come home drunk and slap her pass me by cause I am not the one.But don't ask me where I'm going,where have I been,don't make a list of choirs for me when I want to go do something else...I am free minded and won't deal with that.

sheesh what a thread.....unbelievable

Last edited by lionking; 09-11-2007 at 02:07 AM..

Old 09-11-2007, 02:13 AM

actually let me take that back a little about me always being quite and waiting for girls to approach me or give me a sign...there have been a couple times when I was feeling overly cocky and in conversation with a woman I said straight out "do you wanna go back to my house and ****?....Guess what happened?

Old 09-11-2007, 09:30 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,718,142 times
Nice guy's do finish last. That's why I have decided not to date for the next year or so. I see these girls with some real goons and I just shake my head in disbelief.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:24 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,868,092 times
Do we really need to explain this? There are HUNDREDS of biology studies showing why woman do this. The basic reason is because woman are looking for a mate that will protect them. The bad boy types give the appearance of being able to defend their woman. Bad boy types are also more confident so they go and get their woman. They also cheat more often but that can also be explained with biology. This is the same reason woman place a high value on men who make more money. Making more money basically means that the man has more access to resources. More resources = optimal for making lots of babies. Also have you ever wondered why men seem to prefer blondes over woman with darker hair? The reason for this is because as woman age their hair naturally gets darker. So Blonde (light color hair) is often a sign of youthfulness. Woman who are young are generally more able to produce babies. Also females are generally more picky when choosing their mates compared to men. The reason for this is guess what? You guessed it, making babies. Woman need to be picky so they can pick a man who can support their kids and men will go with anyone who will accept them. This combination is the best combination to produce the most babies.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:39 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
I don't understand why women do go for the "bad boys" type, but I guess it would have to do with the idea that women generally have that they can "change" men and "reform" them to being "good" ones.

Personally I have never once felt attracted by a "bad boy". Who has the time and quite frankly the energy to put in that kind of one way relationships ? I have better things to do with my life than trying to change someone and getting hurt by all the "bad boy" behaviour.

My self preservation instinct has always guided me towards safe BUT interesting men. And yes you can be both.
I have never had a bad relationship and never been treated shabbily by a man, never been dumped and always had a great time with all of them.

I want someone who cares about me as much as i care about them, someone who has the same life aspirations, dreams, ideals and moral principles, someone who makes me laugh , makes me think, challenges me on occasion and is real fun to be around. I do NOT need some feckless guy who cares more for his Harley or his guitar, or his buddies than he does about me, someone who has no sense of responsibility and has the emotional intelligence of a toddler.

Good and Nice guys can be fun , exciting and interesting too.

What on earth is the attraction? I don't get it ? I think some women are masochistic if that is what they want.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:58 PM

672 posts, read 2,125,614 times
Good post! You're a smart woman!
Dennis58

Old 09-12-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelGood View Post
Women want men. (rough draft)

Great men:
(Gentlemen) are confident, demonstrate chivalry as part of their attitude, and won't put up with all the crap woman might do or ask/say. Cary Grant is a great example, James Bond (Sean Connery). Aren't always available for the woman, requires classy women with normal/high self-esteem. If rejected, knows it's the woman's loss. Don't want women with loads of baggage.

Men who are macho:
use dominating ways, typically picking activities, can be jealous or possessive or both and will be blinded by classy women. Arrogant s reaps off these individuals. Thinks the woman loves him when the woman doesn't, ego is over inflated.

Nice guys
:
are weak, allow women to walk on them as door mats, rarely pick places to visit, lacks a spine and taken to the cleaners because objectivity was not used, wants to get back with the woman that dumps them or takes the woman back after she does unspeakable things.

Relationships are a give and take situation. Gentlemen are between the macho and the nice guy. It's a balance, aiming for the middle road will also express self-control. It's about compromise between the lovers. If the attitude is against the grain, it will only get worse over time. Beauty is skin deep, but attitude is to the bone. Let me repeat the last part...looks won't last, but her attitude or his attitude will.

Relationships with gentlemen are longer lasting because the men and women love each other. They continue to date each other during their 'dating made legal' marriage. Good women don't nag, because they know it's unloving to their significant other.

Cheers!
you know its funny I really took alot of time to read this and can honestly say I fall under the catagory of "great man"...because those discriptions are basically how I think.Others might not see me that way but eh...whatever

Do I have faults?sure....

I use to be different,I had little self confidence then as time went by I developed it.At a time when I had little confidence in myself is when I got stomped on,when I developed confidence things changed.Though,there is a difference between "nice" and "decent" and even being decent I have experienced a couple women who tried to take advantage of it......wrong move!

Romance,yeah sometimes Im in a romantic mood,the cuddling,flowers and all that jazz,some women can't even handle that.I swear,some women it seems just naturally go for a guy who is gonna be abusive,drunk,and so on.I'm a bad boy in some ways yeah,but if being a bad boy means being abusive,a cheat,a liar,a drunk,and so on then no...I'm a "nice" guy...er I mean "decent" guy.

Last edited by lionking; 09-12-2007 at 11:38 PM..

Old 09-15-2007, 11:23 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times
it just means that the women are stupid or havent figured out who they are yet or are immature.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:16 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Nice guy's do finish last. That's why I have decided not to date for the next year or so. I see these girls with some real goons and I just shake my head in disbelief.

Hoboken, hmmm, you are such a sweet guy, I knew when I first saw your picture there was something about you!!! The ladies should be lining up for a man like you!!

Old 09-15-2007, 05:04 PM

283 posts, read 1,384,516 times
The thing is that women go for these "bad boys" and the "bad boys" are nothing more than parasitic scumbags who belittle the defenseless and believe that makes them bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships